Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supermoms In High-Pressure Jobs

Mr. Imperfect! Field Marshal sheikh's Avatar

Default Supermoms In High-Pressure Jobs

Indian mothers who have made a name for themselves in the demanding professional scenario and have been an inspiration for many.

Wherever You Are I'll Find You..Cause You're The One I Turn To
    Wherever You Be I'll Be With You..Cause You're The One My Heart Is Yo..I need you..

Mary Kom: Boxer Mary Kom who clinched a bronze at 2012 London Olympics is also a mother. Despite her busy training sessions, the boxer loves to dot on her twins Rechungvar and Khupneivar. She says that the kids love boxing and she would be happy if they plan to pick up any sport in future.
    Wherever You Be I'll Be With You..Cause You're The One My Heart Is Yo..I need you..

Kiran Bedi:Kiran Bedi has been an inspiration for many. The retired IPS officer continues to be a social activist and has been an inspiration for her daughter Saina who is also a social activist.

Juhi Chawla:Actress Juhi Chawla did not take a sabbatical after the birth of her two children - Jahanvi and Arjun. The actress did a commendable job of bringing up her children along with continuing to work in films.

Kirthiga Reddy: She moved from being a casual user of Facebook to the face of social networking site in India. And, it was this very site that kept her connected with her two daughters Ashan and Ariya during her busy work schedule.

Leila Seth: First woman chief justice of a state high court Leila Seth has been a busy mother but her son turned out to be one of the most read Indian author. Vikram Seth gave up the idea to join World Bank in order to pursue poetry and got much support from his mother.

Marissa Mayer:The CEO of Yahoo, Marissa Mayer, is not just one of America's most powerful businesswomen but also a doting mother. Passionate about her work, she only took a two week maternity leave and later built up a nursery at her office for her son.

Meira Kumar: A lawyer, former diplomat and the first woman Speaker of Lok Sabha, Meira Kumar has been an inspiration for many. She is a mother to three children Anshul, Swati and Devangana.

Farah Kha:Farah Khan is not just a mother to three adorable kids- Diva, Czar and Anya. But she is also a director, choreographer and an actress. Despite being busy with her commitments, she is often spotted with her kids at public appearances.

Mira Nair: She is one of the most acclaimed directors of Indian origin. She has helped put India on the global map when it comes to films. But at the same the director has maintained a good balance between her profession and personal life. She has a son named Zohran Mamdani.

Nafisa Ali: From being Miss India to an actress to a social activist, Nafisa Ali has donned many hats. But at the same time, she took some time off during the growing up for her three children.

Madhuri Dixit: She gave up on her career for her kids but later returned to films and television. The actress who is seen judging reality shows and shooting for films has kept a good balance between her work and her family.

Neeta Lulla: Designer Nishka Lulla finds her inspiration in her mother Neeta Lulla. A fashion designer by profession Neeta is a big name amongst the Bollywood stars and is known for her traditional collections.

Nirupama Rao: India's Ambassador to the United States of America Nirupama Rao is one of the busiest mother around. A mother of two sons, she has often been busy talking about country's policies.

Shobhaa De: She is not just a renowned author and writer but she is also a doting mother. She has kept a perfect balance between her work and her personal life.