Thread: Don't divide, be an 'Indian Nationalist': Digvijay Singh to Narendra Modi

Default Don't divide, be an 'Indian Nationalist': Digvijay Singh to Narendra Modi

The tweets of Singh, a known detractor of the controversial Gujarat Chief Minister, came close on the heels of Modi's attempts to defend himself against allegations of inaction during the 2002 riots in Gujarat.
    Narendra Modi.

Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday assailed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's remarks describing himself as a 'Hindu nationalist', saying "shouldn't we all be Nationalist Indians" and asked the BJP leader not to 'divide the nation" on the basis of religion.
    A day after Modi's remarks sparked a political furore, Singh said on Twitter,

The tweets of Singh, a known detractor of the controversial Gujarat Chief Minister, came close on the heels of Modi's attempts to defend himself against allegations of inaction during the 2002 riots in Gujarat.
    "Even If I am in the back seat of a car and a puppy comes under the wheels, isn't it painful? It is. Whether I am a chief minister or not, I am a human being. I will be sad if something bad happens anywhere," Modi was quoted as saying in an interview.
    The Gujarat chief minister said he had done "absolutely the right thing" during the 2002 riots and that his government had used its "full strength" to set things in order.
    "I am nationalist. I'm patriotic. Nothing is wrong. I am born Hindu. Nothing is wrong. So I'm a Hindu nationalist. So yes, you can say I'm a Hindu nationalist because I'm a born Hindu," he had said.

New Born

Ek normal se example (puppy's accident with his car) ko kitna zyada mis-interpret kiya hai! I just hope people (of any religion) do have time and common sense to understand what he meant, what Digvijay singh meant, and what the media means.

teekhi jammu chilli Major General arumita's Avatar

kuch to log kahenge logo ka kaam hain kehna choro bekar ki baato ko weekend chala jayega warna
    My love, the spark that ignited the day we met
    remains an eternal flame.