Thread: Parents attitude is hurting

Unregistered

Default Parents attitude is hurting

Hiey everyone,

I have always have had a settled life as far as professional life is interested but not so much in personal front. I am working girl aged 28 and live in Pune whereas my parents live in Ahmadabad. My problem is my parents. I have done post graduation and was always given very good education and i work in an MNC and earn very good.

My huge issue is that my parents are not searching a guy for me. They are dead against love marriages. I never had a relationship as i never wanted to hurt my mum dad again ever. Till date i have remained single and been a real honest girl for them.

but now i am 28 and soon in October i will be 29. My parents are not even searching a guy for me to get me married. i am working since 3 years.i am beautiful tall and have a clean character. what more they want. i am almost 29 and still there is no search. i myself can not choose a guy as they are against love marriage. i do not get them. i have told them million times to start searching for guys. there answer is okay we will. i am saying this since i got the job that means almost 3 rubbish years. i need to get settled and i really need a partner in my life. i need someone to love to share things and to have a life with. i have kept my dreams to myself till now but its high time i need a husband.

i myself made an account on matrimonial websites and got good responses but when i told my parents about the guys i shortlisted , they never really approached anyone. i am hurt by their attitude. who will marry if i go to the age of 30 or at least i will get secondary options. sometimes i feel i should choose a partner myself which will is very easy for me. i had an argument with mom that why the hell are they not looking for a groom and she said they are going to look soon. maam you also know these things take almost a year if you start searching for a groom. and i can not wait now. this thing is beyond my mind and i am loosing my peace. almost all my friends are married or have fiancee which is the way to go. i feel sad at times because i have every thing in me , i am beautiful , tall , working , earning good and got even many offers a year back on matrimonial websites as well.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! OK, I understand the issue and I would advise you to try and work things out on your own. You are quite old enough and mature enough to try and find a nice guy. what's the harm- for the final blessings, you would go to your parents, right? Just state to them that you are going to do this, and without a sense of urgency or desperation, go ahead and look for a partner for yourself. After that, they can step in, but don't depend too much on them,

..Yaar Patialavi.. Lieutenant-Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hiey everyone,

I have always have had a settled life as far as professional life is interested but not so much in personal front. I am working girl aged 28 and live in Pune whereas my parents live in Ahmadabad. My problem is my parents. I have done post graduation and was always given very good education and i work in an MNC and earn very good.

My huge issue is that my parents are not searching a guy for me. They are dead against love marriages. I never had a relationship as i never wanted to hurt my mum dad again ever. Till date i have remained single and been a real honest girl for them.

but now i am 28 and soon in October i will be 29. My parents are not even searching a guy for me to get me married. i am working since 3 years.i am beautiful tall and have a clean character. what more they want. i am almost 29 and still there is no search. i myself can not choose a guy as they are against love marriage. i do not get them. i have told them million times to start searching for guys. there answer is okay we will. i am saying this since i got the job that means almost 3 rubbish years. i need to get settled and i really need a partner in my life. i need someone to love to share things and to have a life with. i have kept my dreams to myself till now but its high time i need a husband.

i myself made an account on matrimonial websites and got good responses but when i told my parents about the guys i shortlisted , they never really approached anyone. i am hurt by their attitude. who will marry if i go to the age of 30 or at least i will get secondary options. sometimes i feel i should choose a partner myself which will is very easy for me. i had an argument with mom that why the hell are they not looking for a groom and she said they are going to look soon. maam you also know these things take almost a year if you start searching for a groom. and i can not wait now. this thing is beyond my mind and i am loosing my peace. almost all my friends are married or have fiancee which is the way to go. i feel sad at times because i have every thing in me , i am beautiful , tall , working , earning good and got even many offers a year back on matrimonial websites as well.
    Sorry for asking but what do you do with your salary..?? Keep it or give it to your parents.? The reply to this may answer your question.

Second, I really do not think you should care for your parents to choose a groom for you. They are careless people, pretty soon you would have only a handful of guys to choose from, mostly divorced men.

You need to take it upon yourself. Tell you parents to find you a groom or you will find yourself and involve some elder relative of yours.

Please do not wait any longer.. Age never comes back.
    Miss you Dadaji

you have to take the next step yourself...find some one of your own..i knw two sisters who had to face the same situation...they were getting old and their parents never showed any interest in getting them married...and finally at d age of 31,one of them found someone of her own...it was a love marriage...and then got married where as the younger one is now 40 and still not married since her parents never took interest and that girl ws too reluctant to take the step herself..

Banned Major General

Hiey everyone,

My huge issue is that my parents are not searching a guy for me. They are dead against love marriages. I never had a relationship as i never wanted to hurt my mum dad again ever.

Again ever means ek baar toh lafda hua he.

Till date i have remained single and been a real honest girl for them.

Contradictory.

but now i am 28 and soon in October i will be 29.

ok. Next october you will be 30.

My parents are not even searching a guy for me to get me married.

Ask them to search for a guy.

i am working since 3 years.

Good.

i am beautiful tall and have a clean character.

Very good.

what more they want.

Who? Boys or your parents?

i am almost 29 and still there is no search.

You told u buttiful, talls, so they keeping quite, someone would notice you as you talls and maries yous.

i myself can not choose a guy as they are against love marriage.

Who told choosing a boi on your own should be love marriage. You can finds ppls on matri site and find them to be suitable and then tell mommy daddy that I found one, but this is not love marriage

But at the same time your parents should also understand one thing, not everybody who is standing before bar and restaurant is a drunk/bevda.

i do not get them.

Problem is that if you show them one boi, they think he is bevda. Thats the problem with your parents. you have to make em realize that its not lovey dovey chakkar but a find from a matri site etc.

i have told them million times to start searching for guys.

Million times...? And still no search engine start? Perhaps they want you to search on your own, ask em.

there answer is okay we will. i am saying this since i got the job that means almost 3 rubbish years. i need to get settled and i really need a partner in my life. i need someone to love to share things and to have a life with. i have kept my dreams to myself till now but its high time i need a husband.

This is casualty case. Find yourself one husband. Log on to some matri site pay fees, talks talks you find suitable one for sure. remember you talls also and buttiful also.

i myself made an account on matrimonial websites and got good responses but when i told my parents about the guys i shortlisted , they never really approached anyone.

Approach? It you who marry, not your parents. so, You a approach a first ok. Then parents involve.

i am hurt by their attitude.

It not attitude.

who will marry if i go to the age of 30 ???

Lot men there bachelor at 40 also 40+ also, you know Salman Khan?

or at least i will get secondary options. sometimes i feel i should choose a partner myself which will is very easy for me. i had an argument with mom that why the hell are they not looking for a groom and she said they are going to look soon. you also know these things take almost a year if you start searching for a groom. and i can not wait now. this thing is beyond my mind and i am loosing my peace. almost all my friends are married or have fiancee which is the way to go. i feel sad at times because i have every thing in me , i am beautiful , tall , working , earning good and got even many offers a year back on matrimonial websites as well.

Dekho, ek kaam karo, pochna ka kaam hogaya.
    Ab karne ka time aagaya.

Phir se dhoondo. Kiss ko pata, jisne tumko haan bola woh ab bhi waiting karraha he tumhareliye? Waisa he toh shaadi kardaalo. Bas.

But I think there is much more than what meets the eye.

Shaayad tumhara ek lafda hua tha, jiska topic lekar tumhareliye ladka nahi dhoondrahe hain.

Khud dhoondo ladka.

aur saadi karlo.

Hiey everyone,

but now i am 28 and soon in October i will be 29.

My parents are not even searching a guy for me to get me married. i am working since 3 years.i am beautiful tall and have a clean character. what more they want. i am almost 29 and still there is no search. i myself can not choose a guy as they are against love marriage. i do not get them. i have told them million times to start searching for guys. there answer is okay we will. i am saying this since i got the job that means almost 3 rubbish years. i need to get settled and i really need a partner in my life. i need someone to love to share things and to have a life with. i have kept my dreams to myself till now but its high time i need a husband.

Your parents were terrible to you. They gave you great education to lay your foundation in a professional life that you are well settled in. Terrible!

You want a medal for remaining single?

Its almost 2 months till September, honey, you ARE 29.

Come out of this dream wedding and a barbie-ken life. Even after having a beautiful marriage theres no guarantee that you will have a great life. Dont base your future on an arranged relationship.

Are your parents lazy? Or technologically shy? Or dont have enough dowry money? Could be plenty of reasons. And Im sure they are not CIA super secrets that they cannot reveal them to you. So ask them practically and clearly and help them if they need certain help.

SB Champion Lieutenant Inspector Pathan's Avatar

you have to do it your way now....informing parents will only delay the matter nothing else....it will hurt them but they don't realize how much you are getting hurt so this time make the move.....be bold....good luck.....

Involve some relatives, take their help to pass the massage to your parents in a strong way with a threat that you might choose your own partner within next 6 months if they don't become active.

Hiey everyone,

Hi. Its little tacky. I have seen this problem wid my parents too. I had two sisters, my father never took pain in finding alliances for them. It was their fortune that they both had love marriages. Jokes apart the best thing wud be find a sensible guy and inform ur parents tht u r marrying him on so and so date.

Nice thing that u don't want to go against ur parents will, and i say that everyone SHOULD have a healthy respect towards their parents.
    They might have some reason that they are not looking for an alliance for u, u have the every right to ask the same.
    So just ask them, y they haven't been looking for a groom for u yet. There will be some reason, get to know it. If it is rational then wait for them to look for one and if u find the reason irrational then tell them firmly that u will take care of it by urself.