Thread: Depressed and confused in life

New Born

Default Depressed and confused in life

I have posted earlier but most of my earl posts were fake. Believe me This one is completely true.
    I am 25 years old now and I am average looking and dark. In my life, I have been sort of a geek but not been too good at that even. Never topped the class or won anything. For the better part of my school life, I was bullied a lot. In college, I made the most beautiful girl of the world my girlfriend after pursuing her for 4 years through school, but she also left me because her family apparently called us - langoor ke haath mein angoor. (obviously her being the angoor and me being the langoor).
    I was devastated.
    After college, I got one of the top jobs offered at my university at an MNC. I joined it but later left it after only 4 months because my father called me to work for him. He is a very well to do businessman. I worked almost as a clerk in his company for almost an year. Imagine, leaving my high paying comfortable job where my peers are now earning lakhs of rupees per month to work as a clerk for my own father. After 2 years of working for him and tolerating his physical and verbal abuse, he tells me that I am good for nothing and tells me to sit at home and study for CA. I get a paltry 2-3k per month as pocket money. I am 25, and I still have to surrender my phone and laptop at night to him. Whatever I want to do, is belittled and over-ruled by my family.
    I feel like I am fighting this losing battle called life and don't know what to do further. My self-esteem is at its lowest. Where do I go from here? There is so Much I want to say but no one to hear it.

Stop finding people to scream at. You're an adult and you must not accept his pocket money/salary. Go out and find a job and move on. No fights no arguments.

Why did you post fake posts earlier? Did you get any pleasure out of that? Anyway, this is the time to leave home man. You are not obliged to work for your father or do CA just because he wants you to. Go out, look for a job again and leave the family behind for some time. They will understand you in 2-3 years and everything will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by richil View Post
    I have posted earlier but most of my earl posts were fake. Believe me This one is completely true.
    I am 25 years old now and I am average looking and dark. In my life, I have been sort of a geek but not been too good at that even. Never topped the class or won anything. For the better part of my school life, I was bullied a lot. In college, I made the most beautiful girl of the world my girlfriend after pursuing her for 4 years through school, but she also left me because her family apparently called us - langoor ke haath mein angoor. (obviously her being the angoor and me being the langoor).
    I was devastated.
    After college, I got one of the top jobs offered at my university at an MNC. I joined it but later left it after only 4 months because my father called me to work for him. He is a very well to do businessman. I worked almost as a clerk in his company for almost an year. Imagine, leaving my high paying comfortable job where my peers are now earning lakhs of rupees per month to work as a clerk for my own father. After 2 years of working for him and tolerating his physical and verbal abuse, he tells me that I am good for nothing and tells me to sit at home and study for CA. I get a paltry 2-3k per month as pocket money. I am 25, and I still have to surrender my phone and laptop at night to him. Whatever I want to do, is belittled and over-ruled by my family.
    I feel like I am fighting this losing battle called life and don't know what to do further. My self-esteem is at its lowest. Where do I go from here? There is so Much I want to say but no one to hear it.
    Bro i have seen worst days than u. the point i want to make cribbing only leads to dissatisfaction. accept truth, find opportunities and move on.

I can connect to you easily as I have gone through the same phase. The only difference is my dad is not strict and is supportive.
    I would only say that there is nothing like late in start again. I know you friends might have moved ahead earning more than lacs of Rs/month and if you will do a fresh start you will not get that much but you have to start from any stage. You have not mentioned the nature of business of your dad. Maybe you should try to do job in the same field of your business.
    You have to take a stand and move out of it otherwise you will regret a lot like me later. You are just of 25 and it is not a late start.

Go ahead my friend and remember one motto through out your life "DO IT NOW."