Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to adopt a girl child in future!

New Born

Default Want to adopt a girl child in future!

Hi Aunt,
    Myself Pranoy,18,male.I am studying B.Sc 1st year.Recently I am facing some clashes in my mind.Let me explain.Recently I've read in a magazine and also in tv about abuse of girl children and I am really moved by this.Therefore I have promised to myself(don't know if it's weird or not) that whenever I will get a job and can help myself financially,I will adopt a girl child as a single parent.I've not told anyone about this promise.
    Am I thinking in the right way?I know it will take 4-5 years more to get me a job,but what kind of problems I will have to face?Or is this just an emotional decision?

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! Well, its a very noble thought but there are some rules to adoption, and adoption agencies prefer happy couples as parents rather than single bachelors. BUT, you should hold on to the idea! There are also ways in which you can contribute to the upbringing of a girl child- there are various NGOs who allow you to sponsor a girl child- her upbringing and education. You can help in a small measure to begin with by doing that.

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Popular_Pranoy View Post
    Hi Aunt,
    Myself Pranoy,18,male.I am studying B.Sc 1st year.Recently I am facing some clashes in my mind.Let me explain.Recently I've read in a magazine and also in tv about abuse of girl children and I am really moved by this.Therefore I have promised to myself(don't know if it's weird or not) that whenever I will get a job and can help myself financially,I will adopt a girl child as a single parent.I've not told anyone about this promise.
    Am I thinking in the right way?I know it will take 4-5 years more to get me a job,but what kind of problems I will have to face?Or is this just an emotional decision?
    Seems a premature idea. I'd sleep on it for now, sleep on it for a couple of decades actually. Why bog yourself down so early when you could be building your future and having fun enjoying the liberties of bachelorhood.
    So may it be

..Yaar Patialavi.. Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Hi Aunt,
    Study hard.
    Get a job and live your life.
    Come out of this fantasy world. You do not need to adopt anyone. If you wanna help them, pay for their studies and food.

G'day

Get married, and most probably you will have a daughter. Just love her and forget adoption.

You are 18, probably bunking at your parents place sponging off them. It is a whole new level to adopt someone and protect them for life and at the moment your not even close to it. Your first priority should be to make yourself self sufficient and then think about others. It's a novel thought but would be a naive decision.

New Born

Is it a premature decision?

New Born

Am I running by emotions?

u know when i was a kid i had same feeling.........but believe me after 5 years u wont even remember this decision.....so chill......n donate from today......
    happiness needs no reason

New Born

Thanks for suggesting

Is it a premature decision?
    Am I running by emotions?

Certainly seems that way. Although commendable it is a life long commitment therefore should be thought out very carefully. It's not like buying a pet only to return it back to the store when the novelty dies off. You've allowed yourself to become aspired by a magazine and a TV programme, these are deliberate systematic attempts heavily lopsided designed to evoke emotions from even the hardiest minded. If you don't mind me saying, it shows you are a good caring individual, but also a weak one.

Are you aware of the responsibilities of an adopter? Have you ever asked yourself how this will fit in with your family, friends, relatives and importantly future spouse? What about fending for the child financially? Would you be able to do that if you were to loose your job? If you ask my opinion about caring for children, it's one of neo-traditionalism, i believe a child, especially a girl child should have a mother figure to look up to, or at least someone who can fulfil that role without the ties. Right now, you are not considering that. I urge you to wait until you get married and make a "joint" decision with your wife.
    So may it be

New Born

You have risen lots of questions in my mind!
    thanks for advising.I'll think your points all over the night,will reply you tomorrow

New Born

Why you are saying that I am weak?

Why you are saying that I am weak?
    With respect, it's because the fondness seems to have risen only after watching a programme and reading exerpts of a magazine. I feel you have allowed yourself to become emotionally imbalanced and easily influenced without considering all the hidden adversities. If you don't mind me saying, i feel adoption should be only for those who possess high levels of maturity… people who have life experiences and wisdom they can pass on. You are just starting out !
    So may it be

Why a female child? why not a male child?
    So may it be