Thread: No job, no income, no girl at 24, just because wrong decision of career

New Born

Default No job, no income, no girl at 24, just because wrong decision of career

I am animator & graphic designer, have been looking for the job since 6 months...but no responses.....I feel that I have taken wrong career for myself ....today i feel that i should have joined my dad's business it's self.....I am still taking pocket money from my parents which i am ashamed of....I asked my parents that i can join the business but they aren't in my favor....they are like give time, you will get a job...I am very confused
    ....but today when see that the creative market has gone extremely worst...penny is being paid for big work...no salary for a fresher,...... i have no income......my friends are also not supportive
    everything is delayed in my life....i love a girl...but i cant express her...just because i feel i cant take care of her....since i have no earnings ... i cant be with her......i cant even inform this to my parents.....the girl's parents might start looking a guy for her......by this December....i don't know what has to be done....
    I feel like a loser sometimes....

Widen your skillset man and get a job in any technology asap, you don't have to stick with animation. Work for 6 months to 1 year and then switch jobs. Propose the girl if she is available after that.

..Yaar Patialavi.. Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by umeaurhum View Post
    I am animator & graphic designer, have been looking for the job since 6 months...but no responses.....I feel that I have taken wrong career for myself ....today i feel that i should have joined my dad's business it's self.....I am still taking pocket money from my parents which i am ashamed of....I asked my parents that i can join the business but they aren't in my favor....they are like give time, you will get a job...I am very confused
    ....but today when see that the creative market has gone extremely worst...penny is being paid for big work...no salary for a fresher,...... i have no income......my friends are also not supportive
    everything is delayed in my life....i love a girl...but i cant express her...just because i feel i cant take care of her....since i have no earnings ... i cant be with her......i cant even inform this to my parents.....the girl's parents might start looking a guy for her......by this December....i don't know what has to be done....
    At 24 !

You're so depressed at 24..?
    Lemme tell you something brother, you would not be settled until you're about 30-32. That's how it is with jobs. You will get very low salary as a fresher, no doubt about that. It is not only about how much money you make in a job, but how interested you are in the field you have chosen. It is a long term career choice that you must be looking at.

For now, look for a job and not big salary. I am sure you would have some job pretty soon. Once you have experience of a few years - that is when companies would start to value you.

G'day

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by a_decent_1 View Post
    At 24 !

You're so depressed at 24..?
    Lemme tell you something brother, you would not be settled until you're about 30-32. That's how it is with jobs. You will get very low salary as a fresher, no doubt about that. It is not only about how much money you make in a job, but how interested you are in the field you have chosen. It is a long term career choice that you must be looking at.

For now, look for a job and not big salary. I am sure you would have some job pretty soon. Once you have experience of a few years - that is when companies would start to value you.

G'day
    I am trying my best to get a job..... but the place where m getting is not a productive one.....i tried there for a month ..i thought it may work out good....but no results....
    and I also love a girl.......but all the above issues are not allowing me to concentrate on one thing....due to this my life + career is getting hanged.....i love her alot.....but i cant express .... apart from this....this is one sided love .....i feel even if i express...i am afraid being neglected...as i am not in position to take so much of rejection in life....I am also doing some freelance work....but the issue here is..here everyone is such a big *******s they dont pay....I have been working for free for every idiot person....no one is valuing my work...m so depressed i am not expressing this...to anyone around my family.....but everynight i think of starting of new tomorrow...but...no results...it has been 6 months......i am irritated...i am angry.....i act foolish....i also fight with friends...i have gone mad....

This is very general problem most of the guy of your age will go through. The best advice here is to keep trying and never give up.
    Remember the tag line of Eveready "Never Say Die"

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by umeaurhum View Post
    Most people will ask you to keep a positive outlook. Never say die etc. But they dont understand that its the inherent nature/mental architecture that stops us from doing so. No one can help you change drastically by motivational advise.

I am not in that category and have suffered much much more including what you are facing, so my advise comes from experience. Also, I have not been courageous to get out of it so maybe this will not help you. But here goes:

1. Forget the love aspect. Whether you are a multi millionaire or a beggar, you need financial strength to pursue/continue or even think about women. Its not degrading women, but just a fact. You might spend 100 bucks a day to survive but as soon as you get into that world of love and relationships, it all escalates to 1000 bucks. And that is what is 'expected' from you. To get more marks than just passing ones, you would have to spend 100 times more than that.
    You might love her but remember that she isnt oxygen/food you need for your survival. She also might not turn out to be a great pillar of strength later on in life.

2. In todays IT world or any other field, markets are so down that people are doing menial work after passing engg with great marks. MBAs are working in small advertising firms and freshers are jobless for years. When you do your certification they ask for huge amount of experience and when you have experience they want lots of certifications/variety of work which is costly and you rarely get to handle.

So, considering you have to survive, get any job. BPOs, KPOs are not as disrespected as they were earlier. Infact, some people end up making it a living and have been doing it for last 10-15 years. Once you will get a job atleast you will have some money. Also, you will get to meet new people and will interact with them. You will slowly forget about your pain.