Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Query Regarding Fitness/body-building/weight-loss/diet/diet plan....Ask me :)

! Badass ! Lieutenant-Colonel ! Stud !'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gudu Gudu Returns View Post
    Hi there...

Does skipping help at age 43? To reduce weight?

Height 5'9"
    Weight 127 kilos

Pls tell.
    Gudu Gudu Bhaiya ,
    u r asking me about losing weight , right ?
    Ok , if you are concerned about age then let me tell you , 43 is not too much . If we look around , we will find lots of guys who are still fit @ 50+ or moreover 60+. For motivation,a long list you can see who are 40+ and look better than they were in their young age. Check our bollywood actors. Anil Kapoor , Akshay Kumar , John , Hrithik , Amitabh and not to mention Salman khan .... all are 40+ and rocking even though they are more busy,keep on travelling all across the globe ,have hectic and variable work schedule ,face more stress and competition , having no fixed routine and diet ( undoubtedly we lead simpler , very stable , less stressful life than them) .......but still i would say "where there is a will , there is a way".

All u need to do is work out . Start with simple exercises , DO NOT THINK TOO MUCH TO START IT AND DONT TAKE IT AS IF YOU ARE DOING VERY BIG TASK .Just start without thinking. Dont run, just walk , Dont lift so heavy weight , just lift lightest weight and concentrate upon the "movement" , DONT GO ON DIETING , Just eat green veggies ,salad , raw food along with what u eat regularly ,dont think about leaving that food which u cant stop eating , continue to eat them but drink 10-14 glass of water,dont get exhausted in the workout instead, try to enjoy it ....In short , give your body a start up time , lets say 2 months u just do what i mentioned above and then increase your level . If u start fast , u need to push yourself too hard and since our body needs time to get adjusted to the new routine , u will feel exhausted all the time and LEAVE IT FINALLY DUE TO THE FATIGUE....So , gradually increase your level of movement and exercise.

The Key to lose weight is : STICK TO THE ROUTINE WHICH YOU ADOPTED TO ACHIEVE SO.Not for 1 week or 1 month ,trust me , nothing gonna happen in 1-2 months(it is too short to make our body understand what we wanna do with it )....Just go for it at least 6 months . YOU WILL DEFINITELY FEEL THE DIFFERENCE.

Take Care.
    Last edited by ! Stud !; 30-10-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marsflower View Post
    informative thread..........

Thanks Madam

Quote Originally Posted by atul9404 View Post
    Mere ko six pack nikaalne hain... It's 32" right now.....
    I do crunches & obliques alternately... Will it work? Or I need to change my routine?
    Bro,
    what is your height and weight ?

Quote Originally Posted by ! Stud ! View Post
    Bro,
    what is your height and weight ?
    height - 176 cms (5'9")
    weight - 73.5 kgs

Quote Originally Posted by atul9404 View Post
    height - 176 cms (5'9")
    weight - 73.5 kgs

For getting abs U need to :

1. Gain abdominal muscles (if u dont have )
    2. Shed some weight ( if u have muscles but fat also )

Determine your body fat and choose your goal accordingly ( whether u want to bulk or cut )

Sometimes you have to be willing to let go of the past to move forward.

I recently ran into an old time friend. He is working at the EXACT same job, the job he hates, these past three years. And he won’t be quitting anytime soon. He is too scared.

It got me thinking.

I was thinking about all the bigger decisions I've made in the last several years. Every single time I was excited and a little nervous. Nervous because I was giving up something secure for something MUCH bigger + far riskier.

Wandering into the unknown.

It’s a process of growth, it has to happen. It ain’t always pretty, but that’s evolution baby.

We can play it safe. Remain comfortable. But we wouldn’t be satisfied. Wouldn’t be doing what we wanted. I’ve learned to play fast and loose. Go by the gut.
    Process involves Making some mistakes but failing forward. Always moving forward. Learning. Turning it into a success.

Now I believe to learn to embrace the unknown. Not to be content being comfortable, but to get uncomfortable and grow. Its an adventure, an opportunity. It is exciting.

When you stagnate, is when you die. Slowly. It’ll drain your soul. I have seen it happen.

You have to be able to let go of the past, shed your skin and become more.

PEACE

Don’t be a gym a$$.hole :

List some of the awful, awful people you're about to meet on your self-improvement/desalination journey, and how you should deal with them.

Believe me , people want to **** u ,if u r one of them mentioned below:

1.The Grunter : They don’t care if you also exist on this planet. While lifting even 5 Kg they grunt like Sunny Deol considering themselves as if they are saving the planet and humanity by lifting but actually they look like they were pregnant and now giving birth to a child. Sometimes grunting can be justified when you are lifting with your maximum capacity but what is this , if u start chanting "Duh-duh-Duh-DUh-Duh-DA-DA! Phwum-phwum-PHWUm-PHWUM-DA-DA-DA-PWHUMMMM. Neuu neeee neeuu neu neu neu Niiiiiiiiiiii, da-da-d-a-d-a-da-da!" from your 1st set onwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U look sick , not a saviour.

How the poor can deal with such kind of ****: The easiest way to deal with a Grunter is to put on headphones and listen to music

2.The weight belt dude : They seem “Superhero in Chaddi”. They don’t use belt for support , but of course as a gadget of Mr.India hiding from Mogambo and never let anyone else let use the same unless they are inside the gym.They will never treat you like a friend or moreover wont give you a single smile , unless you would become one of them ( of course an another Superhero in chaddi).

How to Deal with Them: Accept them as a superhero and ask them to give you the belt ( with respect) because this is the most superior ( self-declared) species in the gym .

Last edited by ! Stud !; 31-10-2013 at 09:34 PM.

3.The unsolicited Advice guy : No matter who you are (even Arnold is a new born gym baby in front of them), you are always doing your workout in a wrong way unless they will come and guide you.They are the Rajnikanths .They will come and guide you and guide you more and so on………….. ( yeah , even if you won’t ask them to do the same but they took birth to save you from any dilemma ). You would be concentrating upon your workout and putting your extreme efforts , holding ur breath onto your final set’s final rep , then they will appear like Lord Krishna and tell you that your entire workout was in wrong direction and then will correct you ( correction means , whatever you are doing “by default” it is wrong).

How to Deal with Them: Be a stubborn-looser .Say a humble “NO” to them clearly and ignore their presence .

4.The Dripper : The Dripper is the guy who, while working out, looks like a half man/half ice cream cone or more like a south indian hero after beating 2-3 trillion villains alone within 10 minutes without any weapon. Well honestly saying , it is not their fault if they sweat , but yes , of course , If they don’t use a deodorant also then you have all the rights to put them into a poisonous gas chamber until death.Height is when they leave their Sweat traces on the bench and don’t even wipe , Yukkkkkk.

How to deal with them : Ask them about their bday and gift them a nice , strong deo. Beg in front of them to wipe the instruments and benches wherever they work out.Gurrrrr

[URL=http://imageshack.com/i/eulu0mj]

Some more to come , for which i need little time to write.Comment below if u like or have any query.
    Take care

SB Legend Brigadier General marsflower's Avatar

cool .....

Tfs

SB MahaGuru Lieutenant-Colonel Sush02's Avatar

Nice thread... Informative
    The Elevator to Success is Out of Order. You'll have to use the stairs
    ... One Step at a Time

Quote Originally Posted by marsflower View Post
    cool .....

Tfs