Thread: My wife putting me on guilt trip

Msaonwjmuy

Default My wife putting me on guilt trip

hello Mam,

i have been following this forum for sometime and i feel there is a quiet good suggestion from you and others. I need your help.

6 months back me and my wife were fighting for some issue. For some reason i swung my hand and by mistake it hit her left thumb. Initially we thought its ok and did first aid treatment. Now she started saying she is having pain with left thumb and cant lift even small things and cant even do small house hold stuff. We consulted doctor and they mentioned there was light fracture(less than 5%) and its healed now and should be fine. My wife keeps blaming me, its all because of me and she has to suffer like for life long and so on. I feel very guilty and said sorry many times to her.

we consulted doctor again and had discussed about this. Doctor said there is nothing to worry and it would be fine. Later Doctor had separate discussion with me and he asked about my wife whether she gets tension and so on. Doctor mentioned there is nothing to worry and when he was examining her left thumb she didn't show any signs of pain and she would be trying make me guilty. every day she tries to bring this topic up and even when her parents talk to me, they bring up this topic and make me even more guilty. some times i get so frustrated. I feel i should tell her to stop acting and think maturely about it, but i am unable to tell her this. How can i do this. Plz help me.

regards

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi!

Why don`t you ask the doctor to tell her that in no uncertain terms in front of you? maybe that way you will be able to tell her that she`s all right and should now carry on with life normally and naturally.
    The thing is, however, that physical hurt, no matter how inadvertent, is not acceptable or OK in any way- neither for the woman concerned nor for any other person- us included- so if it was a mistake, make sure it never happens again- not even by mistake.

Bullet Raja Major General Gudu Gudu Returns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Msaonwjmuy View Post
    hello Mam,

i have been following this forum for sometime and i feel there is a quiet good suggestion from you and others. I need your help.

6 months back me and my wife were fighting for some issue. For some reason i swung my hand and by mistake it hit her left thumb. Initially we thought its ok and did first aid treatment. Now she started saying she is having pain with left thumb and cant lift even small things and cant even do small house hold stuff. We consulted doctor and they mentioned there was light fracture(less than 5%) and its healed now and should be fine. My wife keeps blaming me, its all because of me and she has to suffer like for life long and so on. I feel very guilty and said sorry many times to her.

we consulted doctor again and had discussed about this. Doctor said there is nothing to worry and it would be fine. Later Doctor had separate discussion with me and he asked about my wife whether she gets tension and so on. Doctor mentioned there is nothing to worry and when he was examining her left thumb she didn't show any signs of pain and she would be trying make me guilty. every day she tries to bring this topic up and even when her parents talk to me, they bring up this topic and make me even more guilty. some times i get so frustrated. I feel i should tell her to stop acting and think maturely about it, but i am unable to tell her this. How can i do this. Plz help me.

regards
    To tell her to stop acting or not is totally up to you.

But definitely for the reason you stated ie slapped her thumb or some other, she is pissed off and perhaps does not want to continue with you.

Crime patrol dastak dekte ho ki nahi?

Your wife doing all this is a dastak that she does not want to continue with you.

Better look for that yellow pages book under Alphabet "A" Advocate or "L" ie Lawyer.
    आपका अपना,
    Gudu Gudu ರಿಟರ್ನ್ಸ್

Tell her upfront that you know about her drama and ask her what exactly she wants?

New Born

You have trust issues with each other . Its better to have open conversation with her

If she is complaining may be a good idea to get her x-rayed her again. There might be another hair line fracture. I suggest to take your wife for further testing (another Medical centre may be). Hair line fracture may even lead to amputation of body parts down the line (if not treated properly).

New Born

Now that you know the truth, there's no need to feel guilty about it. Its okay, such things do happen. It was not your intention to hurt her. And you have shown your true concern by going to the doc and getting it examined multiple times.
    So, now its time to turn the scene - every time she (or the in-laws) bring the topic, gather up the courage and smile. It will confuse them initially, but they will be ashamed when they realize that you knew they're all faking

Try her prank. You too start complaining that you have pain in your hand when your hand swung on her and it is just because of her. Everytime she complains about her thumb, you start complaining about one or the other thing. This is the best way.

SB Legend Brigadier General

drama baz lagtee hay bhaee

allah tunhara bhallah karay