Thread: Lata Mangeshkar on Cong leader's radar for lauding Modi

HALLA BOL Field Marshal amitsush's Avatar

Default Lata Mangeshkar on Cong leader's radar for lauding Modi

MUMBAI: Mumbai Congress president Janardan Chandurkar has stirred a row by demanding that the country's highest civilian honours bestowed on those who praise "communal forces" should be withdrawn.

Though he did not name melody queen Lata Mangeshkar, it is apparent that remarks were aimed at her, as the singer had recently said she wanted to see Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi become the Prime Minister.

"All awards and honours bestowed on those who are praising communal forces should be withdrawn," Chandurkar said at a function here.

However, the Congress leader has clarified that he had not named anyone.

"My allegation was not against any individual, but about this tendency (to support communal forces). In our country, the awards are given...the society looks up to these people as an ideal and love these people.

"People love them irrespective of caste and community. If in such a situation, they (the awardees) decide to support communal party, the honour bestowed upon them becomes meaningless," Chandurkar said.

"If such people, who are loved by the society, want to indulge in politics, they should come out and practice politics," the Congress leader said.

At a recent function at Pune, BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi had found an ardent supporter in Lata Mangeshkar, who said she would like to see him taking the top job.

After Modi inaugurated a new hospital complex named after Lata's late father Deenanath Mangeshkar, the Bharat Ratna recipient had said, "Narendrabhai is like my brother.

All of us want to see him become the Prime Minister. On the auspicious occasion of Diwali, I hope our wishes would come true."
    I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U

waise is case mein dono party same hai, kuch din pehle kisi BJP member ne amrtya sen se aisa demand kiya tha

stupid politicians
    I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U

Rainbow chaser Major General

Quote Originally Posted by amitsush View Post
    waise is case mein dono party same hai, kuch din pehle kisi BJP member ne amrtya sen se aisa demand kiya tha

stupid politicians
    Wo kuch din pahle main FB par status update kiya tha na

Congress chalee BJP ki chaal......

wo isi par tha. Waise BJP ki demand aur Congress ki demand me ek basic antar ye hai ki, Lata ji is an Indian citizen & she has all rights to express her decision, while Mr Amrtya Sen is not an Indian Citizen.
    let it rain over me....

I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U

Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post

wo isi par tha. Waise BJP ki demand aur Congress ki demand me ek basic antar ye hai ki, Lata ji is an Indian citizen & she has all rights to express her decision, while Mr Amrtya Sen is not an Indian Citizen.
    waise wapas lekar denge kisko ye , mahan aatma digvijay singh ko ya shajaade ko

seriously congress ko apni hi party ke logon mein baant dena chahiye sare awards , phir na koi modi ki tareef karega aur ye situation aayegi
    I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U

✿ VILLAIN ✿ Brigadier General Albert Pinto's Avatar
    Dharthi sunehri, amber neela, her mausam rangeela...

Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post

Hatao buddey ko... humhe kya.....? Lekin kuch bhi ho...... Ladki bahuth sahi hai uski....

Aise invention pe toh 100 noble prizes kurbaan......
    Kuch baat hai ki hasti meet ti nahi hamari
    Sadiyo raha hai dushman daur-e-zamaana hamara

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by amitsush View Post
    "My allegation was not against any individual, but about this tendency (to support communal forces). In our country, the awards are given...the society looks up to these people as an ideal and love these people.
    "People love them irrespective of caste and community. If in such a situation, they (the awardees) decide to support communal party, the honour bestowed upon them becomes meaningless," Chandurkar said.
    Mr. Chandurkar do well to know that in a democratic country everyone is entitled to an opinion just like he is. First & foremost who is he to decide whats communal & which party is not communal. Mr. Janardhan, being from the Congress, I would say people living in glass houses should not throw stones at others. The house which Mr. Chandurkar lives is not particularly ultra thin glass. Chamcha of Digvijay Singh..... go **** his backside......