Thread: Shall I give myself another chance?

New Born

Default Shall I give myself another chance?

hi
    I am a married woman with a 8 yrs old child. I dont share a good relationship with my husband. but I do everything that a wife is supposed to do. meanwhile one of my school friend met me. now he wants to marry me. he is also married but not happy. i like him and spending time with him but i am too scared to trust anyone again. moreover I dont want to be a homebreaker. It has been 2 yrs since he is asking me to marry him.
    Should I give myself another chance at the cost of his wife and child?

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

The way I see it- you are married with a child and he is married as well- so where do you think this will lead? Think it through before you get into something that will end up causing hurt and confusion. If you are thinking that this may end up in two divorces and a marriage- better make sure that he- and you- are ready for it. Its never as easy as it may appear. If there's something else on your mind- well, you are old enough to know the risks and consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by maana24 View Post
    hi
    I am a married woman with a 8 yrs old child. I dont share a good relationship with my husband. but I do everything that a wife is supposed to do. meanwhile one of my school friend met me. now he wants to marry me. he is also married but not happy. i like him and spending time with him but i am too scared to trust anyone again. moreover I dont want to be a homebreaker. It has been 2 yrs since he is asking me to marry him.
    Risks are quite high.

SB Champion Lieutenant Inspector Pathan's Avatar

too risky........

Bullet Raja Major General Gudu Gudu Returns's Avatar

Legal way would be:
    You take divorce from present husaband. Mutual consent divorce? 6 months and you are free to marry new guy.

Husaband wont agree for divorce? Contested divorce [anywhere between 6-7 years]

Custody of child? First visitation rights case [anywhere between 1 to 10 years till the child turns 18] In all this child become ping-pong ball ie torn between you two.

Same holds good for that guy whom you want to marry.. so pass this information on to him.

Dont want to go for divorce? Illegally marry? Can get sentenced [him 7 years with 50k fine]..holds good for both sides.

Further his wife might file a case on her husband of DV and 498a [to get over with anywhere between 6-7 years + doing rounds to jail]

Dont forget alimony case which your lovers wife can file on her husaband.

Now think. Which way to proceed. Court? or back to your life !
    Last edited by Gudu Gudu Returns; 28-11-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    आपका अपना,
    Gudu Gudu ರಿಟರ್ನ್ಸ್

Choose 1 thing- your happiness or your 8 years old's happiness.

SB Addict

The most important thing in life is to make it worthwhile. Happiness is extremely important. So are sacrifices, but they should yield something in return. There is no point in suffering and continuing to sacrifice your aspirations, if there is no benefit.

1. How does your husband treat your child?
    2. How dependent is your child on the father?
    3. Are you financially secure and can care for your child alone?
    4. Does your friend intend to bring his child along?
    5. Are you physically involved with your friend?
    6. Are you sure he is not using you?

The reason to leave your husband should be independent of the decision to remarry. The first step is to get a divorce. The next step is to move out and live with your child for sometime. A decision to remarry should come later.

New Born

Two unhappy people could make only unhappy relations. Only two happy people can make one happy relation. Introspect and see why marriage is unhappy There are marriages which should not survive and there are marriages which need to be dragged despite of the fact that there is no RELATION in marriage. Decision depends on type of person you are and the one with whom you are intend to marry is.

Quote Originally Posted by maana24 View Post
    hi
    Purely judging by what you have written here, I reckon it is very shellfish of you to go ahead with your plan. But then again, I have no idea how good or bad the two or more relationships mentioned in this thread are so that I could definitive.

Have him as a friend with benefits. No need to rush into marriage.