View Poll Results: i support court decision

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes ! sharia are ilegal

    7 100.00%
  • cant say

    0 0%
  • No, its religious necessity

    0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 80

Thread: Sharia Courts have no legal sanctity, fatwas illegal: Supreme Court - Good One

  1. #1
    SB MahaGuru Colonel dsocialdoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kashmir 370
    Posts
    17,934
    Rep Power
    65

    Thumbs up Sharia Courts have no legal sanctity, fatwas illegal: Supreme Court - Good One

    New Delhi: In a landmark judgment, the Supreme Court on Monday declared that no legal status has been granted to the Sharia Courts and religious decrees or fatwas are illegal if they tread on the rights of an individual.

    The apex court further objected to the Shariat Courts ordering punishments against innocent people and said that no religion permits the same.

    The SC also said that 'Darul Qaza' cannot pass any judgment that infringes on the fundamental rights of an individual unless asked by the concerned person.

    The verdict by the apex court was given after a petition challenging the legality of the Shariat Courts was filed by a Delhi based lawyer Vishwa Lochan Madan in 2005.


    In the petition, he stated that institutions like Darul Qaza and Darul-iftaa are operating like parallel courts which take decisions on the fundamental rights of the Muslim citizens.

    He also reportedly said that religious clerics qazis and muftis appointed by them cannot take a call on the liberty of the Muslims by issuing fatwas and curtailing their fundamental rights.

    The petitioner further argued that the Darul Qaza and Darul-iftaa operate in Muslim dominated districts where people cannot oppose the rulings.

    Citing an example, the petitioner stated that a Muslim girl had to desert her husband because a fatwa directed her to live with her father-in-law who had allegedly raped her.

    The apex court had reserved the judgment in the case in February earlier this year and had reportedly said that it cannot interfere with the religious decrees issued by the Muslim clerics.
    If you think any candle march will affect "Islamic Terrorism", you are fooling yourself, Kill them or be ready for next attack !!

  2. #2
    SB MahaGuru Colonel dsocialdoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kashmir 370
    Posts
    17,934
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    फतवे मानना जरूरी नहीं, न ही शरीयत अदालतों का है कोई कानूनी आधार: सुप्रीम कोर्ट


    If you think any candle march will affect "Islamic Terrorism", you are fooling yourself, Kill them or be ready for next attack !!

  3. #3
    SB MahaGuru Colonel dsocialdoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kashmir 370
    Posts
    17,934
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    If you think any candle march will affect "Islamic Terrorism", you are fooling yourself, Kill them or be ready for next attack !!

  4. #4
    SB MahaGuru Colonel dsocialdoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kashmir 370
    Posts
    17,934
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    If you think any candle march will affect "Islamic Terrorism", you are fooling yourself, Kill them or be ready for next attack !!

  5. #5
    ..Yaar Patialavi.. Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wanderer
    Posts
    12,076
    Rep Power
    81

    Default

    Good decision..
    Most of the Sharia Law is stupid and makes no sense. Plus, this is not an Islamic Country.. This is Secular India.

    One Law for all. .

    G'day

  6. #6
    :: The Zenith :: Lieutenant-Colonel
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,818
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    So the elections are over and you are back with your deep-rooted malice! (Remember just before the elections you talked about 'inclusive growth' and called Muslims as brothers?? Appeasement time over I guess)

    @thread

    A gross attempt to sensationalize the issue!
    First, any entity that is not recognised by the law of the land is said to have no legal sanctity. They include the Shariah Courts. A logical verdict.
    Second, fatwas were not binding upon anyone anyway and the Court is very right in saying that religious decrees are "illegal IF they tread on the rights of an individual"

    Thus the SC's decision is absolutely fair, logical and unbiased. But people like you are out to project it as a battle won against the minority community and charge the masses.. What was the purpose of your 2nd and 3rd post?? What was the purpose of the bogus poll up there??

    And yes I also see how cleverly you have omitted the last part of the news article (Zee News) which read as follows:
    The court further told the petitioner that “some fatwas may be wise and issued for the general good also,” the news report stated.
    The rest of it u copied verbatim.

    Pathetic doc.. Pathetic..
    Last edited by complete_man; 07-07-2014 at 01:41 PM.

  7. #7
    SB MahaGuru Colonel dsocialdoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kashmir 370
    Posts
    17,934
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by complete_man View Post
    So the elections are over and you are back with your deep-rooted malice! (Remember just before the elections you talked about 'inclusive growth' and called Muslims as brothers?? Appeasement time over I guess)

    @thread

    A gross attempt to sensationalize the issue!
    First, any entity that is not recognised by the law of the land is said to have no legal sanctity. They include the Shariah Courts. A logical verdict.
    Second, fatwas were not binding upon anyone anyway and the Court is very right in saying that religious decrees are "illegal IF they tread on the rights of an individual"

    Thus the SC's decision is absolutely fair, logical and unbiased. But people like you are out to project it as a battle won against the minority community and charge the masses.. What was the purpose of your 2nd and 3rd post?? What was the purpose of the bogus poll up there??

    And yes I also see how cleverly you have omitted the last part of the news article (Zee News) which read as follows:
    The court further told the petitioner that “some fatwas may be wise and issued for the general good also,” the news report stated.
    The rest of it u copied verbatim.

    Pathetic doc.. Pathetic..
    does making sharia illegal doesnt mean inclusive ?

    does it make muslims less brotherhod ?

    sickulars

    and if you define what to share and how share then kudos


    but good move by courts .. one law for all
    If you think any candle march will affect "Islamic Terrorism", you are fooling yourself, Kill them or be ready for next attack !!

  8. #8
    EK tha Tiger Major roseboy11`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    .HeLL.
    Posts
    4,418
    Rep Power
    81

    Default

    Good decision..

    one country one law ..
    » кιηηg « •



  9. #9
    :: The Zenith :: Lieutenant-Colonel
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,818
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsocialdoctor View Post
    does making sharia illegal doesnt mean inclusive ?

    does it make muslims less brotherhod ?

    sickulars

    and if you define what to share and how share then kudos


    but good move by courts .. one law for all
    Again you are intentionally miXing up things.. The first 2 lines (regarding inclusion and brotherhood) were meant only for you and not for the verdict..

    Who am I to define what to share and what not to share after you have already made this place a stinking mess..

  10. #10
    Rainbow chaser Major General
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Looking for one
    Posts
    37,755
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Good Decision.......


    Being Indian Follow the Indian Constitution, not Any Shariya or Khap..........
    let it rain over me....

  11. #11
    SB MahaGuru Colonel dsocialdoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kashmir 370
    Posts
    17,934
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by complete_man View Post
    Again you are intentionally miXing up things.. The first 2 lines (regarding inclusion and brotherhood) were meant only for you and not for the verdict..

    Who am I to define what to share and what not to share after you have already made this place a stinking mess..
    u make sense as complete man ?
    If you think any candle march will affect "Islamic Terrorism", you are fooling yourself, Kill them or be ready for next attack !!

  12. #12
    :: The Zenith :: Lieutenant-Colonel
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,818
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsocialdoctor View Post
    u make sense as complete man ?
    Much more than you.....

    Have a nice day.. Gud bye..

  13. #13
    SB Guru Major Raja~Bhoj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,079
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Sharia Laws were banned in Turkey (a Muslim majority country) since decades.

    Well, One Country, One Law...should be rule in India.

  14. #14
    Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Dev bhumi Himachal
    Posts
    8,517
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Good decision bu supreme court.One country one law .. Good.

  15. #15
    Red Baron Colonel mavvrick_111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    La Noche
    Posts
    15,688
    Rep Power
    86

    Default

    good move by SC ................
    one of the greatest freedom is truly not caring what anyone else thinks of you.

Similar Threads

  1. Supreme Court pronounces gay sex illegal
    By 007RIKY in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 664
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 08:32 AM
  2. Surfing Porn sites in india is Legal or illegal
    By inderjeet in forum Ask Preeto / Agony Aunt
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 21-12-2013, 09:22 AM
  3. Adultery is not cruelty, Supreme Court says
    By gunsnroses1979 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-09-2013, 07:13 PM
  4. Pakistan’s court declares US drone strikes as illegal
    By rishabhd in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 08:37 PM
  5. How sane is the supreme courts order...?
    By hotfuntalk in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 09:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •