Thread: Miss the old ME

Unregistered

Default Miss the old ME

Hii Preeto,

I'm a regular visitor of your forum as you may know. 4months back i got married (April'14). It was arranged. Without even knowing or planning or even having a back up plan i got pregnant. With the drastic change of my body, the continuous weight gain I've become completely devastated. My husband is not Very good looking but with my current look i feel conscious even infront of him thinking that he might be no longer attracted towards me. Whatever i wear, i just feel un-flattered. I feel depressed that i will never be the way i used to be.

I've read that husbands don't get attracted towards their round pregnant wifes. That's true, right ?

Dina.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Oh my dear, you will be BETTER than you ever were before! Yes, sometimes one is not prepared for pregnancy and the changes in one's body. For feeling bloated and uncomfortable all the time. Nobody really prepares you for that.
    But just wait a few months- once the initial discomfort is over and you get used to the idea of a baby, you are going to feel much, much nicer.
    And, pregnant women are beautiful-----they just don't feel it because of the huge changes. But I tell you, a smiling, expecting woman is the most gorgeous thing in the world.
    Just ride out the initial discomfort, and you'll ROCK!

now that its done.. try and accept it and be happy with it. try to read a lot about it and know whats happening to your body. accept it as an inevitable change, some or the other day it had to happen.
    laakh duniya kahe...
    tum nahi ho..
    tum yahiiiii ho....

Bullet Raja Major General Gudu Gudu Returns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hii Preeto,

I'm a regular visitor of your forum as you may know. 4months back i got married (April'14). It was arranged. Without even knowing or planning or even having a back up plan i got pregnant. With the drastic change of my body, the continuous weight gain I've become completely devastated. My husband is not Very good looking but with my current look i feel conscious even infront of him thinking that he might be no longer attracted towards me. Whatever i wear, i just feel un-flattered. I feel depressed that i will never be the way i used to be.

I've read that husbands don't get attracted towards their round pregnant wifes. That's true, right ?

Dina.
    Hi there..

My oh My, you got married, and you are pregnant now. Congratulations on that !

Yes true it is, you are looking like a fully blown up cow now. It will grow on you. Dont worry about that. You cant do anything about how your husband looks. But what you can do is, go for evening walks with your husband, slowly. Keep talking while you walk. Dont be stuck in that chair. Dont just lie down there on the bed thinking all the stupid stuff like you've explained above.

Stop worrying for Christ's sake about your beauty and his compliments. Its normal for the male not to appreciate the looks of the female when she is preggy. Apply olive oil on your tummy, it helps getting rid of those stretch marks.

You'll do good
    आपका अपना,
    Gudu Gudu ರಿಟರ್ನ್ಸ್

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

you are over thinking...enjoy this phase now....and think about positive things now,something that makes you feel happy...not something that makes you feel low..try spending some time with your husband...dream about your baby...be prepared to welcome your little bundle of joy...and by the way congratulations!!
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

SB Guru Lieutenant-Colonel

Hi

Lucky you are that you are experiencing every stage of being a woman..

What you are experiencing is absolutely normal..Pregnancy can bring on a flood of conflicting emotions. Even though you're overjoyed by the new life growing inside you, there may be days when you're frustrated by your swelling abdomen, stretch marks and disappearing waistline. This is called the 'pregnancy blues'....Rest assured that it gets easier to deal with your growing body in the 2nd trimester. This is because you will clearly be pregnant! Many mums find it hardest in the beginning when you may just look like you've put on weight...

But few things you can do to keep feeling and looking beautiful and fashionable in the coming months..

during the second trimester, you may notice that your skin looks brighter than usual. Hormones are partly responsible, but an increase in blood volume also brings more blood to the skin, giving it a luminescent look.

Keep your weight gain within the recommended range: women at a normal weight are encouraged to put on between 25 and 35 pounds during pregnancy. Generally, you should gain only a few pounds in the first trimester and about 1 pound per week for the rest of your pregnancy.

Spoil yourself occasionally: Treat yourself to a pedicure, a manicure, a new lipstick, or some lacy underwear...

Stay active...regular walks, yoga or whatever form of exercise you prefer...

Feeling fat lasts nine months but the joy of becoming a mom lasts forever......make pregnancy an occasion and appreciate your being a woman

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hii Preeto,

Dina.

Dina, take it from another guy. I'm sure he's got better things to be looking forward to right now! This is a special time for you both, don't be stressing about looks, when he see's your hair more lustrous than ever before and the glow of your skin, of course he'll find you attractive. You'll definitely get your figure back, just remember to exercise, eat the essential five-a-day foods and most importantly to loose the weight quickly, do breast feed the child.
    So may it be

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

You are going to be blessed with biggest gift a woman can have.Dont ruin the charm by thinking stupid things.After delivery work hard to get your old me back.If its tough for u to get back ur body tht time for fitness related issue u may contact Mr.Studd in CCC.

Don't be insecure, all men are not same. Happy parenting.
    You never know what you can become ..

SB Champion Lieutenant Inspector Pathan's Avatar

you are not the first women who is gong through this phase......exercise can help you getting back into shape....if you are able to find some time....good luck.....

SB Addict

worrying will make your body ever worse and also have adverse effect on baby.