Thread: Muzaffarnagar Muslim woman raped at gunpoint by father-in-law; Clerics mock

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SB Champion Captain

I would like to post my view here... Not for social doc n the ppl who come filled with hate... But those who are ready to read n understand....

In india ... Criminal law applies to one n all... Irrespective of the religion... So a man committing a murder ... Is tried under section 302... Be it a muslim... Sikh ..a hindu or watever.....
    A rapist will have to b tried under 376....

Only in civil matters... Like the matter regarding property distribution after death... Alimony for a marriage etc... Do diff communities have the liberty on deciding for themselves....

Now coming to a " fatwa" .... A fatwa is only an opinion given by a mufti in the light of whatever knowledge HE has of islam....
    ITS JUZ like asking a lawyer for his opinion regarding the law of the land... It does mean that the lawyer has to be correct... He can b wrong... Depends on watever knowledge he has....

Now coming to this case.... The father in law committed a rape.... Did the mufti ever say that the father in law shouldn b arrested... Or he is innocent and b left scot free???? The duty to arrest the father in law is the police's duty...

And for those who are blaming the shariah.... As a muslim... I will tell u... The punishment for rape is stoning to death.....for the rapist...
    And it clearly says... No punishment for the woman...

But shariah cannot b applied in criminal matters in india... So the mufti did not comment on that... He commented on the social aspect
    now having in view that this case occured in up... Where feudal mentality... Male domination is so rampant... The crappy panchayat treated the case as a consensual one.. Really saddening n sickening....
    Hence maybe this ruling given by the mufti...

My aim here was not to support the mufti... Or the ba$tard father in law.... He should b hanged....
    I juz wanted to tell that the shariah is not so unfair as some ppl are trying to prove here....
    And i fully agree... That muslims themselves are solely to blame for the mal aligned image of islam...
    That mufti could have atleast put in a word right what the punishment of rape in islam is...??? And condemned the father in law... Or demanded action against him...But he didn.. I dunno for wat.... Really v sad mentality this...
    Last edited by ItsmeSal; 09-09-2014 at 07:26 PM.