Thread: Should I take the risk for a complete lifestyle change?

New Born

Exclamation Should I take the risk for a complete lifestyle change?

Dear Maam,

I am 32 years old married person currently in job and earning six digit salary a month. I have recently got admission offer from one of the finest university of New-zealand in a masters program in IT. I had the dream of studying and settling in abroad from my childhood but due to some family problem I could not go earlier. Now may be this is the last opportunity of my life to fulfill my dreams. But I needs a huge amount of money to accept the offer as I am not eligible for any scholarship and I have to make some loan if I am accepting the offer.

I am really very confused as should I try to fulfill my dreams by leaving a settled life or continue with my regular life keeping the dreams aside??? My friends are not positive about the offer and asking for not to take the risk.

Please please help me with proper advice.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! Look, you are a young guy and my question is, if not now, then when? I assume that you have thoroughly checked out the credentials of the course and the univ( You say its a fine univ, sounds great!) so well, there's no harm in going for something you want to do- no real risk involved also, if you think of it. Its basically about letting go of a familiar and comfortable life and taking the plunge into the new and exciting life- which is sure to pay dividends later, isn't it?
    the final decision is yours to make, of course.

You need to have a backup plan. BTW what do you want to achieve in life? Studying and settling abroad? Is that your only dream? Do you know the travails associated with it? If money is your goal, aren't you making enough already? Masters degree is not gonna make you jump from a tech lead to a VP (just giving an example). Your post doesn't tell us much about what you really want other than having a fantasy about studying abroad and settling there.
    You never know what you can become ..

SB Champion Lieutenant Inspector Pathan's Avatar

I will suggest you to move to new zealand complete the masters degree and remain there....good luck....

Quote Originally Posted by jamursalin View Post
    Dear Maam,

I am 32 years old married person currently in job and earning six digit salary a month. I have recently got admission offer from one of the finest university of New-zealand in a masters program in IT. I had the dream of studying and settling in abroad from my childhood but due to some family problem I could not go earlier. Now may be this is the last opportunity of my life to fulfill my dreams. But I needs a huge amount of money to accept the offer as I am not eligible for any scholarship and I have to make some loan if I am accepting the offer.

I am really very confused as should I try to fulfill my dreams by leaving a settled life or continue with my regular life keeping the dreams aside??? My friends are not positive about the offer and asking for not to take the risk.

Please please help me with proper advice.
    if ur risk is paying u hansome dividends then there is way of denying the offer but if it fails and u r left in financially awkward situation then its better to forgo.

New Born

Thank you every one for your valuable suggestions .............

New Born

Thanks Maam ............. I appreciate your suggestion. . . .

✿ VILLAIN ✿ Brigadier General Albert Pinto's Avatar
    Dharthi sunehri, amber neela, her mausam rangeela...

Better to hold on things which are certain.... rather than hankering for which is uncertain... Its not worth it.... A settled career is something really priceless.... Never compromise on that.... A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...
    The characters in Ramayana seemed inspirational when I was a kid.
    Growing up made me realize, only Kumbhakaran had his life perfectly sorted out.

New Born

Since you are married another life depends on you. Sorry to say but you have already passed your time to take big risks and fulfill your dreams without caring about other person. Offer letter are very easy to get so don't get overwhelmed and try for scholarship... may be next year. If you are really serious about your plans just mail the university to transfer this offer to next year ... its easy as I have done that ... and earn and save for your wife so that there no financial problem when you are studying. Keep trying for scholarship too.

SB MahaGuru Colonel

follow the advice .....