Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nach Baliye 2 couples - Discuss Who's the best

Smile Nach Baliye 2 couples - Discuss Who's the best

Nach Baliye is back with its season 2 and scheduled to go on air in September on Star One.

The show returns with a brand new line-up of 10 couples from the world of television and will have the same format.

The two episodes -- Reality Episode (on Fridays) and Performance Episode (on Mondays) -- will judge the contestants in different ways. The reality episode will offer a sneak preview of the way the couples rehearse, and the performance episode will see the couples dancing in front of the judges.

While last time's judge Saroj Khan returns for the new season, director Farhan Akhtar will be replaced by Kunal Kohili (Hum Tum, Fanaa).

Malaika Arora Khan may return as the third judge.

The hosts of the show have not been announced yet, and it is not known whether last year's hosts Shabbir Ahluwalia and Sangita Ghosh will return.
    || तालिबान सक्क ||

Narayani Shastri, Gaurav Chopraa

They have been seeing each other for the last two years, but have not admitted it yet.

"We are just good friends," they throw the regular line at us.

When quizzed on why 'just friends' are being called on a show involving couples, the duo responds, "We don't want to tag our relationship with anything. But yes, we share a fantastic chemistry off-screen."

So what does the couple think of themselves vis-vis the competition? "You require loads of energy to participate in a dance competition like this," says Narayani, better known as Rimjhim in Piya Ka Ghar. "Gaurav, thankfully, has loads of that. He is huge and so is his storehouse of energy!"

Gaurav adds, "Narayani is unbelievably graceful and picks up steps very fast. That's our added advantage. Though everyone who is participating in this show are our freidns, we are taking this competition very seriously. More so, because viewers will be watching us."
    || तालिबान सक्क ||

Gouri, Yash Tonk

Gouri and Yash became close to each other during the making of Kahin Kissi Roz. They got married, and now have a three-and-a-half year old daughter, Pari.

Nach Baliye 2 will be Gouri's comeback vehicle.

How does the couple rate themselves? "Yash is a natural dancer," Gouri says. "I need to work hard to match his steps. Unless I am able to complement his skills, the magic will not work."

Yash refuses to admit that he is a better performer than Gouri. "She is better!" he exclaims. "Her movements are more graceful than mine. Due to my hectic time schedules, we're trying to squeeze in time for practice. Believe it or not, every day after I return from shooting, we practice for three-four hours."
    || तालिबान सक्क ||

Shweta Kawaatra, Manav Gohil

This happily married couple met for the first time on the sets of Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, and were expecting Star One to invite them last year itself. They were left very disappointed.

However, the invitation this year seemed to make up for that lapse.

Says Manav, "We are really happy to be part of this show. Shweta is a good dancer, but needs to work hard and polish her skills. She follows the choreographer from start to end, and rarely gives her own inputs.

That is good to an extent, but Shweta -- being the creative person she is - should add her bit too. I feel Nach Baliye 2 will help us have a better understanding in our personal life as well."

Shweta adds, "Manav is right. I am fully dependent on the choreographers of this show. I know Manav will give his 100 per cent, so unless I work hard it will be tough. Though we share a fantastic off-screen chemistry, it may not show onscreen."
    Last edited by Sam; 18-08-2006 at 04:30 PM.
    || तालिबान सक्क ||

Shweta Tiwari, Raza Chaudhury

Married for many years, Shweta and Raza, like the other couples, met while they were in a television show together. They now have a daughter.

Shweta hopes to use this platform to prove that there is more to her than just Prerna, her hugely popular character in Kasautii Zindagi Kay. "I want to prove to my viewers that I can do other things as well. I am very comfortable with Indian dance, but need to work on Western dance. I am not a versatile dancer," she says.

Raza is, however, not confident at all. "I am totally dependent on Shweta for this. I don't have a sense of rhythm and dance and blindly follow what she does," he says.
    || तालिबान सक्क ||

Ketki, Rasik Dave

It was love at first sight for Ketki and Rasik when they were in Jai Hind College, Mumbai, and soon after they got married.

Ketki, who is the daughter of veteran actress Sarita Joshi says, "We were surprised when Star One approached us for this show. I was sure that Rasik would not agree and said no instantly."

But Rasik had something else in his mind, "I do not watch television much but I liked Nach Baliye last year. So I agreed to do it. Plus, dancing is a passion for Ketki and so wanted to give this a try," he says.

Though Rasik is not confident about his dancing skills, he feels the choreographers are directing the stars very well.
    || तालिबान सक्क ||

Gurdip Kohli, Arjun J Punjj

Gurdip and Arjun met on the sets of Sanjeevani, and love bloomed. So it was natural that one of the most hottest couples on TV would be invited for this show.

Says Arjun, "Gurdip and I are good dancers. What we need is the final polish. The choreographers are helping us with that and we are confident of giving a good performance."

Arjun likes Salman Khan's style of dancing, especially when he tears off his shirt!

Gurdip says, "I feel we are the best couple on this planet! We will use our off-screen chemistry to the hilt onscreen. I am confident that the chemistry will work, so we are currently concentrating on our steps."

Gurdeep, a huge fan of Madhuri Dixit's dance, is very nervous about performing in front of Saroj Khan, whom she thinks the world of.
    || तालिबान सक्क ||

Gauri Pradhan, Hiten Tejwani

Undoubtedly the most happening telly couple, Hiten and Gauri have been married for more than two years now.

"I was very anxious when we were first approached for the show because we did not know what to do. But with every passing day, I am getting excited.

This is the first time Hiten and I are participating in a dance competition, so I can't say how we will perform. If it was acting, I could have predicted the outcome. But everyone in the industry knows, Hiten and I are not good dancers at all," Gauri says.

Hiten agrees, "I admit we are not good dancers. We like to do ballroom dancing holding each other. We are here just for masti (fun). Whether we win or not is immaterial."
    || तालिबान सक्क ||

Tina, Hussain Kuwajerwala

Love culminated in marriage for Tina and Hussain. But Tina is very uncomfortable about facing the media glare.

"I am feeling very nervous after coming here," she says. "This is the first time I am facing the media! I told Hussain that this reminds me of our marriage when we were posing for photographs."

Talking about the competition, Tina says she is fond of dancing. "When we used to watch Nach Baliye last year, I noticed how excited Hussain was about it. I knew he would participate. He is a terrific dancer."

?I do not have any formal training in dancing. But dancing is a major stress buster for me. This is the first dance competition we will be participating in and so winning or losing is not important for us. Our hard work will pay rich dividends and speak for us," she adds.
    || तालिबान सक्क ||

Keerti, Sharad Kelkar

Keerti and Sharad recently celebrated their first wedding anniversary, and are all set for the competition.

Keerti says, "Sharad is a good dancer but is not comfortable in choreographed dancing. But he is a party animal and loves club dancing."

Sharad adds, "When the producers of the show approached us last month, we were sceptical since we act in serials daily. We gave it a good thought and decided to participate. Keerti and I practice between 2 to 3 am every day!"
    || तालिबान सक्क ||

Tanaaz R Lal, Bhaktyaar M Irani

They plan to tie the knot on November 18, when Nach Baliye 2 will be on in full swing. So this show will be memorable for them in more ways than one.

Bhaktyaar says, "Our choreographer is an expert in Kathak and Kuchipudi and I have full faith in her. Tanaaz is a better dancer than me, having done a couple of films. I am sure she will rock the stage."

Tanaaz adds, "We are a very fun-loving and emotional couple. These are two most essential ingredients of a competition like this."
    || तालिबान सक्क ||

SB Wizard akhileshsarathe@yahoo.com's Avatar

Smile Nach Baliye 2

Hello Friends

I Am Starting This Thread For Nach Baliye 2

Here U Can Post Each And Every Thing Regarding The Show

So

Enjoy

Regards

Akhilesh

Smile Here Are The Jodis

JODI NO 1

NARAYAN SHASHTRI AND GAURAV CHOPRA

Jodi No 1: Narayani Shastri and Gaurav Chopraa
    Cupid struck: They met on the sets of a show they were working in and with one thing leading to another, they ended up seeing each other. They have been together for two years now, and believe they were destined to be so.
    She loves: Singing, dancing and reading.
    He loves: Reading, swimming & watching movies. He also enjoys dancing when the opportunity comes knocking.

He says: The one thing that I love and hate about Narayani is her honesty.
    She says: Gaurav is one of the few people who can handle me but I hate his obsession with Amitabh Bachchan.

Did you know: Gaurav and Narayani are both April born Aries!

Choreographers: Sumeet and Sushil
    They're the first twin choreographers in the Indian entertainment industry and have worked with the best in the business: Farah Khan, Ganesh Acharya, Ganesh Hegde and Vaibhavi Merchant. They did a cameo in Farah Khan's "Main Hoon Na" and have been part of films like Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Kal Ho Na Ho and most recently Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna. Their hallmark is the variety in their choreography and their energy driven performances.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Smile Jodi No 2

Jodi No 2: Gauri and Yash Tonk
    Cupid struck: They met on the sets of "Kahin Kisi Roz". Gauri had been warned about Yash being a Casanova. But as she got to know him, she realized he was quite a nice guy, they got friendly and soon Yash asked her out.
    She loves: Singing, dancing and acting.
    He loves: Sketching, dancing, playing squash and watching films; Yash also enjoys singing though he is a very bad singer.

He says: Not only is Gauri a better dancer than me, I love it that Gauri has taken over all the responsibilities of our daughter, Pari, the house, and my accounts and investments. She is also the more dominating of the two of us.
    She says: We are both short tempered but I am always the first to patch up. But I love being pampered by Yash.

Did you know: Yash carries a portable DVD player with him and even watches films on the set.

Choreographer - Deepak Singh
    A choreographer, teacher and dancer, the multi-faceted Deepak specializes in Bollywood and Latin American dance styles. He has also trained in jazz ballet, contemporary and folk dancing. Deepak started dancing for a dance troupe called Velocity and now runs his own successful dance group, Team 5678, that has done over 500 shows in cities all over South India.

Smile Jodi No 3

Jodi No 3: Shweta Kawaatra and Manav Gohil Cupid struck: The couple first met on the sets of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki and Shweta wasn't the least bit attracted to Manav. They soon become friends and eventually a couple of months later fell in love.

He loves: Trekking, adventure sports, photography and films. He claims to be a victim of music, as he just can't stop dancing once the music is turned on.
    She loves: Skating and various outdoor sports.

He says: She is very giving and would go to any lengths for me. I think 'Nach Baliye 2' will help us develop an even better understanding between us.
    She says: He is completely grounded and is extremely hard working.

Did you know: Shweta is a national level skater and has won a couple of trophies at that level as well.

Choreographer - Yogesh Patkar
    Skilled in jazz, folk and Bollywood styles of dancing, Yogesh has the gift of picking up dance styles just by watching it. The feather in his cap was when he put together performances for Adnan Sami's world tour to South Africa and Kenya called "Adnan Sami Live In Concert" with Namrata Shirodkar and Meghana Naidu, which was a roaring success. Yogesh has been running a highly successful dance academy called 'Pacemakers' for 10 years now.