Thread: Talking and meeting her for the first time!

Unregistered

Default Talking and meeting her for the first time!

Hello Preeto Aunty

I met a girl on matrimonial site for the first time. We have exchanged contacts but in touch by social media only. I am going to see her in 2 weeks and she has asked lets talk on phone this weekend.

I am very nervous now :-( No idea what to talk and all and what to say when I see her in person!

I sound very silly / rude on the phone as my voice is heavy. So I don't think she will get the right impression of who actually I am as a person (you cant know a person just by a phone call).

What to do.. I am literally shivering!! HELP!

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! Well, firstly, we really hope that this works out for you both. Now, why don't you share with her that you are feeling very nervous and she should be prepared that if the first conversation is a little stiff and formal, it will get better with subsequent conversation when you both get more familiar with each other? Most likely, she is equally nervous.
    In the meanwhile, do prepare yourself to talk on subjects that interest her- you would have a good idea of that by now. Be yourself and don't pretend to be what you are not so that there are no shocks later on. Best of luck!

SB Champion Lieutenant Inspector Pathan's Avatar

about talking just go through her profile and see what she has written about her.....same questions can asked in a different way.....change the wordings....see other profiles....and get an idea what people have written about themselves and if something new comes up thats an addition to the question list....just remember the good points.....

about meeting her in personal for the 1st time....just go well dressed, neat and clean....full of confidence....no need to shiver...are you meeting a girl or a monster that you are shivering....good luck....

simple, be yourself as preeto mam says.
    And see what interest her more, and talk on same things and share your day life routine and any achievements or your hobbies, etc.
    Best of luck.

nervousness is good. nothing wrong with sounding nervous, even if she makes fun of you behind your back. it has happens with almost everyone...

Don't prepare for the interview, just go for it. You will do fine. Things to talk about will come up automatically during the meeting be what you are, don't be fake. So no preparation is needed.
    You never know what you can become ..

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello Preeto Aunty

I met a girl on matrimonial site for the first time. We have exchanged contacts but in touch by social media only. I am going to see her in 2 weeks and she has asked lets talk on phone this weekend.

I am very nervous now :-( No idea what to talk and all and what to say when I see her in person!

I sound very silly / rude on the phone as my voice is heavy. So I don't think she will get the right impression of who actually I am as a person (you cant know a person just by a phone call).

What to do.. I am literally shivering!! HELP!
    silly and rude are two different things,,
    if you think you talk silly then speak carefully...being rude has got to do with your way of speaking..
    heavy voices don't imply rudeness...they imply maturity...try to cash on it...
    and don't be so afraid..its normal anxiousness...you will get over it...