Thread: Her parents believe in honour killings

Unregistered

Question Her parents believe in honour killings

HI Sir

I am Shivam Gupta and I am in love with a girl from last 2 Years, but her parents are very much regarding marring her to me.
    Her name ----is a Bhumihar of Varanasi, worked in nice company in Gurgaon, with excellent salary, As soon as her parents got to know that we are in love, they took their daughter from there to home in Varanasi From last 1 month she is like a prisoner in her own house, her phone is taken away , she is not allowed to meet any of the friends, She is ready to do anything just to marry me and get away from there. Her parents are not ready to do inter cast marriage n any cost even if their daughter die,, once she has not eaten any food for straight 7 days and this also did not have any effect on her parents.
    I what to know what are my options are, I and my parents do not want to run into any trouble of police and courts. What I have heard that her caste Bhumihar are very much into honour killings. I myself have felt that way when I recently gone to her house with my parents and one of the cousins spoke to my father like he was going to hit. I am not afraid but I don’t want my family to get involved, BTW my family is now a days very much terrified and they are always with me.

Please suggest something,
    Last edited by Preeto Maam; 05-02-2015 at 08:57 AM.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi Shivam! Firstly, while it is your prerogative to give your name in the column, you should be careful about naming someone else, and therefore I have edited out that part.

Now for the issue at hand. Look, I know that love is wonderful, but really, be a little practical. What's the whole point of putting so much at risk? If your parents are terrified and those people are not willing to do an inter cast wedding, then give it another thought yourself also. You need to explain to her also- if you can that this shunning of food etc is not going to help anyone at all. Take a chill pill for now, both of you and weigh the pros and cons of everything before you get into trouble.

Moderator Major General galaxy_resident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    HI Sir

I am Shivam Gupta and I am in love with a girl from last 2 Years, but her parents are very much regarding marring her to me.
    Her name ----is a Bhumihar of Varanasi, worked in nice company in Gurgaon, with excellent salary, As soon as her parents got to know that we are in love, they took their daughter from there to home in Varanasi From last 1 month she is like a prisoner in her own house, her phone is taken away , she is not allowed to meet any of the friends, She is ready to do anything just to marry me and get away from there. Her parents are not ready to do inter cast marriage n any cost even if their daughter die,, once she has not eaten any food for straight 7 days and this also did not have any effect on her parents.
    I what to know what are my options are, I and my parents do not want to run into any trouble of police and courts. What I have heard that her caste Bhumihar are very much into honour killings. I myself have felt that way when I recently gone to her house with my parents and one of the cousins spoke to my father like he was going to hit. I am not afraid but I don’t want my family to get involved, BTW my family is now a days very much terrified and they are always with me.

I dont think the way things are going you should proceed further. If not for your own, for your family's sake stay away if you speaking to that girl irks her parents. Anything with even a slight reference to honor killings should be taken seriously. Nothing is more precious than you and your family's safety. The best thing that can be done is if the girl can persuade her family to let you marry her.
    The problem with internet quotes is that you can't trust their authenticity.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Young Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    HI Sir

Stay away from her.......neither you will be there nor she.

Just elope with her, and hide somewhere and get police protection for yourself and your parents. Hire a lawyer and bribe the police as well.
    You never know what you can become ..

SB Champion Lieutenant

I am so over this inter caste shit... well you really need to think this through and so does she as both of your lives can be in danger and it is the same for your parents.. you said that they are terrified because of her family members and how aggressive they are.