Page 172 of 262 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3930

Thread: My Confession - IV

Rainbow chaser Major General

Quote Originally Posted by rv102938 View Post
    Not sure if BJP has enough incentive and motivation to eradicate corruption. Even BJP MPs are doing corruption at small level, so such a move would not go well in their own circle.
    Politics is a mus pit of corruption. But the thing is performance. We need reforms and development work. Not freebies. What would you call congress or UPA' s biggeat achievement?

Food security, isn't it. And isn't it a shame that after almoat 70 years of Independence theae bunch of jokers are marely confined to providing food, that to a limited extent only. Or MANREGA a scheme for unskilled labor promotion only.

Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post
    Politics is a mus pit of corruption. But the thing is performance. We need reforms and development work. Not freebies. What would you call congress or UPA' s biggeat achievement?

Food security, isn't it. And isn't it a shame that after almoat 70 years of Independence theae bunch of jokers are marely confined to providing food, that to a limited extent only. Or MANREGA a scheme for unskilled labor promotion only.
    Thats true. But eradication of corruption is an uphill task and there is this roadblock that not everyone wants to do that. I bet a sizeable number of MPs, MLAs from any party want the corrupt practices to continue. Police and govt organizations will only feed off of the ministers.

So unless there is strong buy-in for the cause, things dont look like they'll change. People saying or wanting things or even a few good politicians may not change things.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

Confessions are really simple,but we insist on making it complicated
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

Quote Originally Posted by ariesgirl View Post
    Confessions are really simple... But we insist on making it complicated
    What?................

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

What?................
    I was just talking about how confession posts leads to further discussions and sometimes fights in the forum...
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

Quote Originally Posted by ariesgirl View Post
    I was just talking about how confession posts leads to further discussions and sometimes fights in the forum...
    Ok, I thought it had to something with my signature...I agree...people should not fight *sometimes*

Ok, the bitter truth is, in a country like India, leader like Putin would not been followed so massively as in Russia. We Indians can never support anyone who talks about nationalism, what we really care in this country is our own good in name of caste, religion, clan, village etc. just to tame out short sighted goals of getting a job, contract or even a Ration card.

I also want to confess that I'm sure that in 2019 BJP is not coming back in power and some AK or Nitish with the help of same Congress, lead by Rahul will come in power. So forget a leader tuff like Putin, we even won't deserve leader like Modi, we just need craps like Sonia and Rahul and Lalu.
    NOOOOOOO!!!! What are you saying?? Yaar, you know he's doing a great job, I know he's doing a great job, we all know that he's doing a great job. I'm sure many people in India are intelligent enough to understand this. So, why not???
    Is there any shred of hope for 2019? However small it may be.... Is there any?? Cause your statement really pierce my heart dude....

Quote Originally Posted by rohan_j View Post
    NOOOOOOO!!!! What are you saying?? Yaar, you know he's doing a great job, I know he's doing a great job, we all know that he's doing a great job. I'm sure many people in India are intelligent enough to understand this. So, why not???
    Is there any shred of hope for 2019? However small it may be.... Is there any?? Cause your statement really pierce my heart dude....
    Don't worry, I am sure BJP will be in 2019 too. By the way, what exactly the great jobs are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by rohan_j View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chakhdephattey View Post
    Don't worry, I am sure BJP will be in 2019 too. By the way, what exactly the great jobs are you talking about?
    If people are sure of 2019, then the next 3-4 years dont mean a thing? Lets think about 2019 in 2019. Remember 2004? BJP had those "feel good factor" things going around and everyone was upbeat. What happened? Sonia trumped them and kept the power in 2009 too. Sentiments change.

Let the best party win. The throne is up for grabs, perform and get it. Why get fixated on one or the other? I believe the term "bhakt" is coined for people who are fixated on Modi only. Dont get into the "bhakt" mode. Praise the good things, criticize the bad ones. Everyone has to perform, and we need good opposition too.

Thats true. But eradication of corruption is an uphill task and there is this roadblock that not everyone wants to do that. I bet a sizeable number of MPs, MLAs from any party want the corrupt practices to continue. Police and govt organizations will only feed off of the ministers.

So unless there is strong buy-in for the cause, things dont look like they'll change. People saying or wanting things or even a few good politicians may not change things.
    Why blaming Politicians only? Chhar paise de ke mera kaam banta to bhad me jaaye janta.

Why blaming Politicians only? Chhar paise de ke mera kaam banta to bhad me jaaye janta.
    because they have power, they can make the change happen if they want. but for people, there is prisoner's dilemma. exactly what you said - why should i be honest as nothing is going to change. so change has to come from top. and it wont because they are afraid of losing power.

so its a round and round vicious circle and people are just facing the brunt.

because they have power, they can make the change happen if they want. but for people, there is prisoner's dilemma. exactly what you said - why should i be honest as nothing is going to change. so change has to come from top. and it wont because they are afraid of losing power.

so its a round and round vicious circle and people are just facing the brunt.
    No man, it's us who should be blamed for. Citing you a recent incidencr. AK is really a good example to see how politics specially Indian politics works.

He contested first elections of delhi with only one peime intention of removing corruption, with few freebies. He has got a good number of seats but not enough to form a govt on his own. So he qiute. Now he again come to election, this time with more freebies and less emphasis on anti corruption measures. Now he got a wooping majority, though congress supported his party, but that was below the table thing. Now check what is he doing? Everything except what he must be known for.

The very first lesson he learnt is "corruption is not an issue for Indian voters"

No man, it's us who should be blamed for. Citing you a recent incidencr. AK is really a good example to see how politics specially Indian politics works.

He contested first elections of delhi with only one peime intention of removing corruption, with few freebies. He has got a good number of seats but not enough to form a govt on his own. So he qiute. Now he again come to election, this time with more freebies and less emphasis on anti corruption measures. Now he got a wooping majority, though congress supported his party, but that was below the table thing. Now check what is he doing? Everything except what he must be known for.

The very first lesson he learnt is "corruption is not an issue for Indian voters"
    Ok, lets take that statement - so people in India are responsible for corruption issue not getting solved. But what can people do? There is prisoner's dilemma - one person has good reason to give bribe but wants others not to do that. This situation in game theory is called "prisoner's dilemma". How can one person counter prisoner's dilemma?

💥💥💥💥💥💥 Lieutenant General hotspicyhot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pinto View Post
    Kabhi kabhi mere dil mein khayal aata hai.... How would Putin might have dealt with our secular intellectuals.... and the whole intolerance issue.... if a person like him was PM here.....
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Ok, lets take that statement - so people in India are responsible for corruption issue not getting solved. But what can people do? There is prisoner's dilemma - one person has good reason to give bribe but wants others not to do that. This situation in game theory is called "prisoner's dilemma". How can one person counter prisoner's dilemma?
    Now one other example. In Bihar People know that Lalu and his family and goons are responsible for the pathetic condition of state. They also know that BJP is a major factor in what so ever development work done in last one decade. Still ppl chose Lalu over BJP, now what kind of "prisoner's dilemma" is there??