Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shubh Vasant Navratri & Ram Navami - Celebration of divinity

SB MahaGuru Colonel dsocialdoctor's Avatar

Lightbulb Shubh Vasant Navratri & Ram Navami - Celebration of divinity

As per Indian calendar, Vasant Navratri (वसंत नवरात्रि) or Chaitra Navratri begins from the first day (navami) of Chaitra month.

Vasant Navratri (वसंत नवरात्रि), also known as ‘Chaitra Navratri’, ‘Basant Navratri’, marks the Hindu New Year. It is a nine day long festival beginning on first day of Chaitra month and ends on the ninth day which is also celebrated as the Birthday of Lord Rama.

Vasant Navratri (वसंत नवरात्रि) is usually observed in the month of March or April. However, Vasant Navratri (वसंत नवरात्रि) in 2015 will begin on Friday, 20th March and will continue for 8days until Saturday, 28th March.

Dates of Chaitra Navratri in 2015

Vasant Navratri Day 1 - Ghatsthapana - 21 March 2015
    Vasant Navratri Day 2 - Sindhara Dooj, Dwitiya - 22 March 2015
    Vasant Navratri Day 3 - Gaur Teej, Saubhagya Teej, Tritiya - 23 March 2015
    Vasant Navratri Day 4 - Varadvinayak Chaturthi - 24 March 2015
    Vasant Navratri Day 5 - Sri Laxmi Panchami Vrat, Naag Vrat Pujan - 25 March 2015
    Vasant Navratri Day 6 - Skand Shashthi, Yamuna Jayanti - 26 March 2015
    Vasant Navratri Day 7 - Mahasaptami Vrat, Chaiti Chat, Vijaya Saptami - 27 March 2015
    Vasant Navratri Day 8 - Sri Durga Mahaashtami, Annapurna Ashtami - 28 March 2015
    Vasant Navratri Day 9 - Vasant Navaratri ends, Ram Navami - 29 March 2015
    If you think any candle march will affect "Islamic Terrorism", you are fooling yourself, Kill them or be ready for next attack !!

Celebration of all Navratri in a year is almost same. There is a special event followed by Hindus during Vasant Navaratri and Sharad Navaratri. It is of feeding little girls, below the age of nine, considering them the symbol of Goddess Durga and these girls are known as 'Kanjaks' in Haryana and Punjab and ''Kanya'' at many other places. This event is performed on the eighth day and some people also perform it on ninth day. Apart from food, people also offer money and many other forms of gifts.

Chaitra Navratri in 2015, like every year, is going to be celebrated during Basant Ritu (spring season), which is the time of March - April. That is why this festival is also called Vasant Navratri or Basant Navratri.
    If you think any candle march will affect "Islamic Terrorism", you are fooling yourself, Kill them or be ready for next attack !!

Legend Behind Chaitra Navratri

While celebrating Chaitra Navratri in 2015, one should also know about the legend associated with this festival. Long ago, King Dhruvasindhu was killed by a lion while hunting. After this the preparations were made to crown the prince Sudarshana. But, there were many eyes behind the throne. These eyes were of King Yudhajit of Ujjain, father of Queen Lilavati, King Virasena of Kalinga and father of Queen Manorama. Each one of them wanted the throne of Kosala for their grandsons. Hence, they all fought with each other. King Virasena died during the battle. On the other hand, Queen Manorama fled to the forest with prince Sudarshana and a eunuch. They took the shelter under the protection of Rishi Bhardwaja. Finally, King Yudhajit won and crowned his grandson Shatrujit at Ayodhya, the capital of Kosala. After that, he went out to look for Manorama and Sudarshana. On the other hand, Rishi promised them that he always protects those who come to his shelter. This made Yudhajit furious. He thought of attacking the Rishi, but his minister explained him the hidden truth behind the Rishi's statement. Being convinced, Yudhajit returned back.
    One day, son of a hermit approached Rishi's place and called eunuch by his Sanskrit name 'Kleeba'. The prince heard the first part 'Kli' and started chanting 'Kleem'. This syllable was a powerful mantra, actually the Beej Mantra of the divine Goddess. Due to which, prince got blessed with peaceful mind and grace of Goddess. His continuous utterance forced Goddess to show up and hence she appeared to him. She blessed him and offered him divine weapons and inexhaustibility.
    Once, the emissaries of Banaras King were passing by the Asharam of Rishi. They saw the prince and recommended for the daughter of King of Benaras, princess Sashikala.
    The choosing ceremony was organized and Sashikala accepted Sudarshana at first sight. They got married. Due to this, King Yudhajit started fighting with King of Benaras. Devi being the protection to Sudarshana helped him. Goddess turned Yudhajit and his army to ashes. Further, Sudarshana with his wife and father - in - law expressed their gratitude toward Devi. Being pleased by them, Devi asked them to worship her during Vasanta Navratri and then disappeared.
    Sudarshan and Sashikala returned back to the Ashram of Rishi Bhardwaja. Rishi blessed them and crowned the prince Sudarshana as king of Kosala. Sudarshana and Shashikala along with the King of Benaras further carried out the commands of Goddess and performed the Puja of Goddess with proper procedure in Vasanta Navratri.
    Further, the descendants of Sudarshana, Rama and Lakshman also worshipped Goddess during Sharad Navratri and got blessed and rescued Sita from Lanka.
    This was all on Vasanta Navaratri, hope you would have got an idea about this festival. With this, we hope you get blessed by the grace of Goddess Durga. Happy Chaitra Navratri 2015!

Last edited by dsocialdoctor; 18-03-2015 at 01:04 PM.

New Born

Default man power

Where the ACO is coming from and when I do not start talking right now is that club in my making you should your major difference has a major difference rent now you don't hear my ado anymore feeding back coal mine foreshorten correct and now I am you know it's not me it's much quieter much better and this is kind of scenario we won lotto times will be sitting European only be several of us and his producer at Kari Belling ham you down each person one by one as well so I can to figure out where the noise is coming from yeah all also I the panelists in Reno I've got the ability to actually near other analyst as well and get themselves as lube well exactly and not only is she starts wait so I could have gone I could have been using John anytime anyone correct of my goodness had why did you tell me this two weeks ago yeah in this this may not be a good idea.
    I position never moor breeze Durant just saying that could be brown but damn one of the things we do I miss the greener green room for hangouts a special its admits special time but it's also work time in getting everybody ready tube able to get into the Hangout sound good look good I have everything working right for them so that damn so they're at their best when we bring them an air Ray if you can it be turning to be with somebody on the obvious thing to do is to get in contact with them beef for by actually I'm come even come into their I Kramer and ask him.
    http://www.freyalube.com/

New Born

Default Keep away from moisture

I have been mistreatment totally different B.P dominant medications since previous few months as a result of i used to be heart patient owing to my unhealthy cholesterol level thus for keeping it healthy all the time I attempt totally different pricey and extremely advanced chemical base medications but Striction BP honestly nobody offers Maine any desired output however nowadays i'm 100 percent glad with Striction BP as a result of its formula proves very safe and effective to Maine.

http://www.thehealthyadvise.com/striction-bp/

New Born

The short answer isn't any. Though widely available as well as an element of most Browser For Android s once they are fitted, not everyone has flash installed with their Browser For Android. In case a guest who does not have a flash plugin on their PC visits a website that will require the Display plug-in, their Browser For Android may induce it to be installed by them. Computer and internet savvy guests will likely go ahead and doit, but some customers (like my mom) panic in case a pop up window demands a question and they wander away, or surf away, thinking they simply infected their PC together with the latest doomsday virus. All nevertheless, Flash can be seen by a big percentage of people without too much anxiety.
    best android tablet web browser

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive