Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most extremists in India are not Muslim – they are Hindu

Young Gun

Default Most extremists in India are not Muslim – they are Hindu

The media has misleadingly conflated terrorism with Islam. But don't expect Narendra Modi or his ministers to clear up such misconceptions.

Are most terrorists in India Muslims? I had the chance to look at this following yet another avoidable incident last week.

On April 1, Nigeria’s ambassador to India responded to a comment made by Union minister Giriraj Singh, who said: “If Rajiv Gandhi had married a Nigerian lady and not a white-skinned woman, would the Congress have accepted her leadership?” The remark revealed the casual racism that is so commonplace in India.

Nigeria’s ambassador OB Okongor was upset enough to say, “I believe the prime minister will do right thing on this. I am not going to lodge protest.” Prime Minister Narendra Modi ignored it – once again, as those who have observed his conduct on such things will have noticed – though the media was naturally outraged.

Rediff ran a commentary headlined “5 reasons why Giriraj Singh should shut up”. It included this statement of his from last year: “Isn’t it true that all people caught in terrorist activities belong to one community? I am not trying to blame any one particular community. Why are all so-called secular parties silent on this?”

Presumably he means Muslims. He is of course not right in assuming that all people caught for terrorism are Muslims, but are Muslims responsible for most of the terrorism in India? Let’s look at the data. The South Asian Terrorism Portal lists fatalities and incidents across India. Quite helpfully, it also lists them by conflict theatre.

Numbers disprove belief

In 2014, there were 976 deaths from terrorism (or extremism, whatever name one wants to use for it) in India. Of these, the most (465) came in the North East. The second most (314) came from Left-wing extremism, by a group of people called Maoists. Deaths in Jammu & Kashmir, assuming we want to attribute the whole lot to terrorism, stood at 193. Outside of these conflict theatres, Islamist extremism claimed four lives.

In 2013, the figure was most for Maoists (421), the second most for the North East (252), and the Kashmir plus Islamist violence outside the state again came third (206). In 2012, we had a similar situation: Maoists (367), followed by the North East (326), followed by Kashmir (117). The total number of victims of Islamist terrorism outside these three areas, across India, was 1.

In 2011, Maoist violence claimed 602 lives, the North East 246, and Kashmir plus Islamist violence outside the state toll stood at 225. This year, again the sequence is the same, though violence levels across India have dropped, as they have been doing for the past decade.

As is obvious, most terrorists in India are Hindus, the ones whom we have conveniently labelled "Maoist" instead of "Hindu". The second largest group of terrorists are the tribals, Hindus, animists and perhaps some Christians of the North East. Muslims are third. If one looks outside the separatism of Kashmir, their violence and terrorism levels are among the lowest in the world and they appear to be less susceptible to terrorism not just by the standards of the world’s Muslims but also India’s Hindus.

A media construct

So what explains Giriraj Singh’s statement, which I must confess one hears all the time in India? I cannot remember the number of times I have been informed by someone at a party that “all Muslims are not terrorists but why are all terrorists Muslims?” They are not. Not even close.

The reason is that ‘terrorism’ is today accepted only that which is Islamist. And the reason for this is the narrative in the media, which has neatly conflated terrorism with Islam and Pakistan. News channels like Times Now run many more programmes firing middle class and Anglicised Indians up against ‘terrorism’ (i.e. Islamist/Pakistan) than they run shows on the North East and on Maoism, which claim a far greater number of lives as the figures show.

It is of course unfortunate that this should be the case, but we can explain away the common man using such arguments. For a Union minister to hold them as Gospel is frightening and shows how wrongheaded the members of this government are.

I said on a TV show after Giriraj Singh’s comment that Modi deliberately chose such unhinged people because they said what he wanted to but could not. He agreed with every word Singh said and that is why he was rewarded with a ministry. My comment greatly offended the Bharatiya Janata Party spokesman on the panel, who read out a list of cabinet ministers who were touched by sobriety, like Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley.

But surely these people pick themselves in any BJP cabinet. They have been leaders at the Centre before Modi. It is the new ministers, like Giriraj Singh and Niranjan Jyoti (famous for referring to non-Hindus as *******s), whom Modi has brought in. And he has done so, as I said, because he agrees with what they say, even though it is manifestly and demonstrably bogus.

✿ VILLAIN ✿ Brigadier General Albert Pinto's Avatar
    Dharthi sunehri, amber neela, her mausam rangeela...

Well, the fact is... After Indonesia and Pakistan.... World's third largest muslim population is in India... Clearly shows that the majority of India is far more tolerant towards minorities... Just thank your good god that majority of Hindus aren't extremists..
    During partition, Muslims were in majority in Pakistan and hindus were in minority... what happened to those hindus lets not explicitly discuss that, the world knows the barbarism.... Lets forget about pakistan... In our very own nation, muslims were in majority in Kashmir... what happened to hindu kashmiri pandits.... again I need not mention that... the world knows it..

Even if we assume that kashmiri pandit's issue was more than 2 decades back.... and now muslims might be much more liberal... I see every attempt made to restablish the kashmiri pandits being opposed.

"Secular in minority, Communal in majority" was a fact back then....
    "Secular in minority, Communal in majority" is a fact till date....

And the worst part... that's the way it will always be in future... That's the bottom line..

I'm ain't a hindu extremist... but I'm not blind either... group of my muslim frnds here might be very much secular... But majority of muslims... no way...

Extremism....?
    What happened to kashmiri pandit's was a small demo... What happened to hindus in Pak is a full fledged example of it.

Anything else..?
    Kuch baat hai ki hasti meet ti nahi hamari
    Sadiyo raha hai dushman daur-e-zamaana hamara

! Badass ! Lieutenant-Colonel ! Stud !'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pinto View Post
    Well, the fact is... After Indonesia and Pakistan.... World's third largest muslim population is in India... Clearly shows that the majority of India is far more tolerant towards minorities... Just thank your good god that majority of Hindus aren't extremists..
    During partition, Muslims were in majority in Pakistan and hindus were in minority... what happened to those hindus lets not explicitly discuss that, the world knows the barbarism.... Lets forget about pakistan... In our very own nation, muslims were in majority in Kashmir... what happened to hindu kashmiri pandits.... again I need not mention that... the world knows it..

Even if we assume that kashmiri pandit's issue was more than 2 decades back.... and now muslims might be much more liberal... I see every attempt made to restablish the kashmiri pandits being opposed.

And the worst part... that's the way it will always be in future... That's the bottom line..

I'm ain't a hindu extremist... but I'm not blind either... group of my muslim frnds here might be very much secular... But majority of muslims... no way...

Extremism....?
    What happened to kashmiri pandit's was a small demo... What happened to hindus in Pak is a full fledged example of it.

Anything else..?
    You summed it up very well Pinto Sir

💥💥💥💥💥💥 Lieutenant General hotspicyhot's Avatar

Extremism....?

Anything else..?
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

"Secular in minority, Communal in majority" was a fact back then....*"Secular in minority, Communal in majority" is a fact till date....* This is the summary of whole story.

Extremism....?

Anything else..?
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

SB MahaGuru Colonel dsocialdoctor's Avatar

for me the best was the Opening line "The media has misleadingly conflated terrorism with Islam."

read it again to relish the entertainment !!

Extremism ? Hindus ...... yet Muslims population is growing ...never heard of such extremism
    Extremism ? Hindus ...... yet a Muslim become our President...never seen that such extremism
    Extremism ? Hindus ...... yet a Muslims leads our Cricket team (our Passion) ....... God Bless the thread owner of identifying such a level of Extremism .....

appreciate if Muslims can also follow such Extremism instead of Killing millions...raping lacs ....genocide...barbarism...Slavery and punishing women and Girl Child for some text written in 1400 years ago by some another man ....

If you think any candle march will affect "Islamic Terrorism", you are fooling yourself, Kill them or be ready for next attack !!

Dear Sidsuae,

Seriously though, how deep is that head buried in the sand?

Islamic representation in this country exists in almost every sector in a healthy manner and is much better that few other minor religions, castes and communities and yet you rant and rave about every single issue in the system. For what I know, I would rather be a Muslim in India than a Hindu in Pakistan.

Also, how conveniently, you chose to ignore the religious status quo across the globe... oh wait, you have your punching bag in the name of "Western propaganda" and "American sponsored", don't you?
    First, ridiculed. Second, violently opposed. Third, accepted as being self-evident.

Rainbow chaser Major General

There are killing in the name of Land, Economic Status, Social Justice between Landlords & tenants.........

And then there is Killings in the name of Religion.....

Sab mix kar de bhai, cocktail pine ka shauk chadha hai na?
    let it rain over me....

Quote Originally Posted by RoleModel007 View Post
    Dear Sidsuae,

Seriously though, how deep is that head buried in the sand?

Islamic representation in this country exists in almost every sector in a healthy manner and is much better that few other minor religions, castes and communities and yet you rant and rave about every single issue in the system. For what I know, I would rather be a Muslim in India than a Hindu in Pakistan.

Also, how conveniently, you chose to ignore the religious status quo across the globe... oh wait, you have your punching bag in the name of "Western propaganda" and "American sponsored", don't you?

Don't worry, this is Not his words, this is Aakar Patel, An Adarsh Liberal Jurno.
    let it rain over me....

Chalak¤Guy®™ Lieutenant parveztubez's Avatar

Wonder what if bomb blast wouldn't have happened during 1993 riot's? I bet the whole scenario would be different. This is reality face it, don't ignore.

Just because there is a good chunk of Muslim & Christian population in India that is why you guys have to be tolerant.

Present example How tolerant are you, Neha1, Stud, amitsu, arumita and the father of all socialdoc on this forum?

You guy's turn blind eyes on nonsense Muslim bashing threads but on this thread you guys came like a gang of wolves.

I can see history repeating on SBF, the only difference is last time Muslim users were defendant and know as gang and this time you are defending and looking like a gang (just scroll up and see your input's it will be clear).

Guy's like decent_1 deserves respect coz he has the best tolerance level.

Title of thread is correct, Most extremist in India are Hindu that is why Babri masjid doesn't exist, that is why we hear Ghar wapsi, we hear everyone was Hindu, we hear Hindutva, we hear Hanuman idol *****ed in Church. Ultimate dialogues from you guy's Go to Pakistan.

At least thank God that we are using a term extremist instead of terrorist. Isn't it sweet.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Last edited by parveztubez; 07-04-2015 at 12:58 PM.

teekhi jammu chilli Major General arumita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parveztubez View Post
    wonder what if bomb blats wouldn't have happened during 1993 riot's? I bet the whole scenario would be different. This is reality face it, don't ignore.

Just because there is a good chunk of muslim & christian population in india that is why you guys have to be tolerant.

Present example how tolerant are you, neha1, stud, amitsu, arumita and the father of all socialdoc on this forum?

You guy's turn blind eyes on nonsense muslim bashing threads but on this thread you guys came like a gang of wolves.

I can see history repeating on sbf, the only difference is last time muslim users were defendant and know as gang and this time you are defending and looking like a gang (just scroll up and see your input's it will be clear).

Title of thread is correct, most extremist in india are hindu that is why babri masjid doesn't exist, that is why we hear ghar wapsi, we hear everyone was hindu, we hear hindutva, we hear hanuman idol *****ed in church. Ultimate dialogues from you guy's go to pakistan.

At least thank god that we are using a term extremist instead of terrorist. Isn't it sweet.
    pravez i did not replied in this thread and moreover i never reply neither in hindu bashing thread nor in muslim , i was away from forum only frm this reason , and today i got the tag of hindu extremist thx to u , i replied in army bashing therad which i will never ever tolerate its only coz of army we people r safe , and when someone take the material from emeny site just to oppose someone i will not keep quiet
    Last edited by arumita; 07-04-2015 at 01:01 PM.
    My love, the spark that ignited the day we met
    remains an eternal flame.

Chalak¤Guy®™ Lieutenant parveztubez's Avatar

yes i am hindu extremist
    Oh so you deserve a punishment. If Muslim terrorist should go to Pakistan then were should Hindu Extremist go?

HALLA BOL Field Marshal amitsush's Avatar

and yes RSS is biggest terror organisation and ISIS is most peacful organisation working for welfare of people helping them in floods & earthquakes and by donating blood
    how did they missed noble prize for that
    I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U

! Badass ! Lieutenant-Colonel ! Stud !'s Avatar

Wonder what if bomb blast wouldn't have happened during 1993 riot's? I bet the whole scenario would be different. This is reality face it, don't ignore.

Just because there is a good chunk of Muslim & Christian population in India that is why you guys have to be tolerant.

Present example How tolerant are you, Neha1, Stud, amitsu, arumita and the father of all socialdoc on this forum?

You guy's turn blind eyes on nonsense Muslim bashing threads but on this thread you guys came like a gang of wolves.

I can see history repeating on SBF, the only difference is last time Muslim users were defendant and know as gang and this time you are defending and looking like a gang (just scroll up and see your input's it will be clear).

Title of thread is correct, Most extremist in India are Hindu that is why Babri masjid doesn't exist, that is why we hear Ghar wapsi, we hear everyone was Hindu, we hear Hindutva, we hear Hanuman idol *****ed in Church. Ultimate dialogues from you guy's Go to Pakistan.

At least thank God that we are using a term extremist instead of terrorist. Isn't it sweet.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Maine "My Confession" me Gangs of SBPur banaya tha..Almost sab GD members ko include kiya tha

Wonder what if bomb blats wouldn't have happened during 1993 riot's? I bet the whole scenario would be different. This is reality face it, don't ignore.

grow up dude, there is lot happening than shared by MSM...

Being victim & Being projected as victim are 2 different things. Since when did you all call Babri as a Masjid?? It can be a disputed Waqf property, but a place to be called as Masjid??

Most Extremists?? Assam, where Bangladeshi immigrant changed the whole Demography, Naxelites, who kill Humans, not Hindus or muslims, you want to compare these with Jaish & SIMI??

Who preach terrorism in the name of Allah & Quran. Shame on you ppl. Absolute shame, just to defend you ppl can defame your holy book too.
    let it rain over me....