Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Did Prophet Muhammad Warn Us of ISIS?

  1. #1
    Chalak¤Guy®™ Lieutenant parveztubez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Your Internet
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    92

    Thumbs up Did Prophet Muhammad Warn Us of ISIS?



    In separate attacks last week, ISIS terrorists killed thirty-nine tourists at a beach resort in Tunisia, and close to thirty worshippers at a Shia Mosque in Kuwait. The onslaught came shortly after the group called on its militant Jihadi sympathizers to expand operations in the month of Ramadan.


    ISIS has demonstrated an unflinching determination to take out anyone that dares to disagree with it. Its members have slaughtered Yazidis and Christians, but the vast majority of their victims have been Muslims who resist them and refuse to acknowledge their authority. They have even executed Sunni clerics who refused to swear allegiance to them, and Muslim women who did not submit to their worldview.


    This feature is shared across all terrorist groups operating in the name of Islam. The vast majority of the victims of the Taliban, for instance, are also Muslims. Hundreds of Shia Muslims have been killed just in the last few years. And I have lost many close friends in similar attacks on the Ahmadi Muslims in Pakistan, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, and even in America.


    So when some anti-Islam critics keep doggedly associating the faith of us Muslims with the acts of our tormentors, we call them out for their insensitivity.


    I do not disagree that part of the motivation for religious extremism is rooted in perverted interpretation of scripture by radical extremists. However, it is dishonest to label the vast majority of Muslims who reject such interpretations as non-devout or 'nominal.'


    An honest study of the Quran shows that groups like ISIS act in complete defiance of the injunctions of Islam. The Quran, for instance, equates one murder to elimination of the whole human race (5:32), and considers persecution and disorder on earth as an even worse offense (2:217). It lays emphasis on peace, justice and human rights. It champions freedom of conscience and forbids worldly punishment for apostasy and blasphemy.


    A study of the traditions of the Prophet Muhammad also demonstrates that he warned us of the rise of religious extremism in this age in astonishing detail.


    1400 years ago, he had prophesized that a time would come when nothing would remain of Islam but its name, nothing of the Quran but its word, and that many "Mosques would be splendidly furnished but destitute of guidance" (Mishkatul Masabih). In these latter days, the true spiritual essence of Islam would be lost, and religion, for the most part, would be reduced to a ritualistic compulsion. He foretold that the clergy would be corrupt and be a source of strife during these times.


    How true this is of the extremist clerics in parts of the Muslim world that abuse the pulpit to preach division and hate.






    He also went on to describe terrorist groups such as ISIS that would try to hijack the Islamic faith. At this time of dissension, he said there would appear "a group of young people who would be immature in thought and foolish." They would speak beautiful words but commit the most heinous of deeds. They would engage in so much prayer and fasting that the worship of the Muslims would appear insignificant in comparison. They would call people to the Quran but would have nothing to do with it in reality. The Quran would not go beyond their throats, meaning they wouldn't understand its essence at all, merely regurgitating it selectively. The Prophet then went on to describe these people as "the worst of the creation."


    As if this outline wasn't clear enough, another tradition in the book Kitaab Al Fitan reported by Caliph Ali, the fourth successor to Prophet Muhammad, describes these people as having long hair and bearing black flags. Their "hearts will be hard as iron," and they would be the companions of a State (Ashab ul Dawla). Interestingly, ISIS refers to itself as the Islamic State or Dawla. The tradition further mentions that they will break their covenants, not speak the truth and have names that mention their cities. The ISIS caliph, Abu Bakr al Baghdadi comes to mind.


    Prophet Muhammad furiously and painfully described these evildoers, and admonished Muslims to beware of their evil and fight it. "Whoever fights them is better to Allah than them," he proclaimed.


    Reflect on this critical point. Whenever ISIS kills in the name of Islam, claims to follow the Quran, or uses the Holy month of Ramadan to spread anarchy across the globe, know that Prophet Muhammad explicitly warned us of these imposters, and entrusted us to root them out.


    The only people who refuse to reflect on this point are ISIS, ISIS sympathizers, and anti-Islam extremists who want the world to believe that ISIS is legitimate. Intelligent people, meanwhile, see Prophet Muhammad's prophetic wisdom and thus remain united against both ignorance and extremism.

  2. #2
    DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    29,969
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    religion, for the most part, would be reduced to a ritualistic compulsion

    This seems true for like all religions right now....its like "accha ye bhi karna hai...chalo karlete hain"...
    I Hope They Remember You...



  3. #3
    New Born
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    I believe religion came into existence because ancient humans needed some way of life, some law, some way of connecting to each others. It was a good invention, but do we need religion anymore now that we have law in each country, a humane way of life being published every now n then in all the available media and many more reasons to connect to fellow human beings?

  4. #4
    ~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,041
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhythmic View Post
    I believe religion came into existence because ancient humans needed some way of life, some law, some way of connecting to each others. It was a good invention, but do we need religion anymore now that we have law in each country, a humane way of life being published every now n then in all the available media and many more reasons to connect to fellow human beings?

    Nice thought, i agree. Importantly with evolvement, for the “great of overall good” we can take at a particular civilly drawn in law that no longer fits the purpose and amend it where the need be. Religious laws you cannot amend. Thats why minds get skewed and societies get stuck in a rut.
    So may it be

  5. #5
    Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Dev bhumi Himachal
    Posts
    9,224
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhythmic View Post
    I believe religion came into existence because ancient humans needed some way of life, some law, some way of connecting to each others. It was a good invention, but do we need religion anymore now that we have law in each country, a humane way of life being published every now n then in all the available media and many more reasons to connect to fellow human beings?
    100% agree with u here. . now when laws are there to tell people about code of conduct n way of life then religions n religious belief mess things up. Eg..law says sex between 2 consenting adults is absolutely fine n no crime. On the other hand some religious beliefs n books will stress on purity , integrity and absistence before marriage. they will attach these things to God n all. Doesn't the 2 theories contradict each other. !!!
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

  6. #6
    SB Wizard Captain guy pearce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,028
    Rep Power
    61

    Default

    You mean modern laws should replace religious codes, but in that case, won't we all be atheists?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neha1 View Post
    100% agree with u here. . now when laws are there to tell people about code of conduct n way of life then religions n religious belief mess things up. Eg..law says sex between 2 consenting adults is absolutely fine n no crime. On the other hand some religious beliefs n books will stress on purity , integrity and absistence before marriage. they will attach these things to God n all. Doesn't the 2 theories contradict each other. !!!
    .......here we go again

  7. #7
    Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Dev bhumi Himachal
    Posts
    9,224
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guy pearce View Post
    You mean modern laws should replace religious codes, but in that case, won't we all be atheists?!
    If religious laws are pushing us back then what's the point of lingering over them. Gud from a thing must b accepted. Change is inevitable. But if something holds u back from moving on what's the point of following it.
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

  8. #8
    SB Wizard Captain guy pearce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,028
    Rep Power
    61

    Default

    Hmmm....but then who gets to decide what's outdated and what's not?...and what to keep and what to discard?......coz what is outright wrong as per one person or society; maybe completely normal for other.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neha1 View Post
    If religious laws are pushing us back then what's the point of lingering over them. Gud from a thing must b accepted. Change is inevitable. But if something holds u back from moving on what's the point of following it.
    .......here we go again

  9. #9
    Moderator Colonel gracefulguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12,587
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guy pearce View Post
    Hmmm....but then who gets to decide what's outdated and what's not?...and what to keep and what to discard?......coz what is outright wrong as per one person or society; maybe completely normal for other.

    Ek chota sa example deta hoon.........

    Copernicus ne theory di thi earth rotation ki.....around the sun.....sabse pehle (not sabse pehle use pehle bhi kai logo ne di thi......aristharchus tha 300 BC mein....but that's not the point)

    Copernicus (15th century) ne kaha ki earth is not the center but Sun is the center of all planets and earth is just one of the planet. Church ne unko utha ke jail mein daal diya....!!!

    Uske baad Galelio galelli aaye (same 15th century).......unhone bhi yehi kaha.....refractive telescope use kiya.......calculations wohi nikli.....unko bhi jail mein daal diya aur house arrest karke rakha...baki life

    Fir 17th century mein apne Sir Isaac newton aaye aur reflecting telescope use karte hue (jo unhone khud design kiya tha)......saari theories firse explain ki.......tab ja ke church ne accept kiya

    Church ka kehna tha........ki how can those people say or prove something which is against the theory of Church !!!

    lekin time ke saath sab badla ki nahi ???

    That is the point everybody here is making.........hope u understand
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

  10. #10
    :: The Zenith :: Lieutenant-Colonel
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,818
    Rep Power
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guy pearce View Post
    You mean modern laws should replace religious codes, but in that case, won't we all be atheists?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neha1 View Post
    If religious laws are pushing us back then what's the point of lingering over them. Gud from a thing must b accepted. Change is inevitable. But if something holds u back from moving on what's the point of following it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gracefulguy View Post
    Ek chota sa example deta hoon.........

    Copernicus ne theory di thi earth rotation ki.....around the sun.....sabse pehle (not sabse pehle use pehle bhi kai logo ne di thi......aristharchus tha 300 BC mein....but that's not the point)

    Copernicus (15th century) ne kaha ki earth is not the center but Sun is the center of all planets and earth is just one of the planet. Church ne unko utha ke jail mein daal diya....!!!

    Uske baad Galelio galelli aaye (same 15th century).......unhone bhi yehi kaha.....refractive telescope use kiya.......calculations wohi nikli.....unko bhi jail mein daal diya aur house arrest karke rakha...baki life

    Fir 17th century mein apne Sir Isaac newton aaye aur reflecting telescope use karte hue (jo unhone khud design kiya tha)......saari theories firse explain ki.......tab ja ke church ne accept kiya

    Church ka kehna tha........ki how can those people say or prove something which is against the theory of Church !!!

    lekin time ke saath sab badla ki nahi ???

    That is the point everybody here is making.........hope u understand
    Religion should be followed by its spirit, not by its letter. The former let's you evolve, the latter freezes you in time.

  11. #11
    Chalak¤Guy®™ Lieutenant parveztubez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Your Internet
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gracefulguy View Post
    Ek chota sa example deta hoon.........

    Copernicus ne theory di thi earth rotation ki.....around the sun.....sabse pehle (not sabse pehle use pehle bhi kai logo ne di thi......aristharchus tha 300 BC mein....but that's not the point)

    Copernicus (15th century) ne kaha ki earth is not the center but Sun is the center of all planets and earth is just one of the planet. Church ne unko utha ke jail mein daal diya....!!!

    Uske baad Galelio galelli aaye (same 15th century).......unhone bhi yehi kaha.....refractive telescope use kiya.......calculations wohi nikli.....unko bhi jail mein daal diya aur house arrest karke rakha...baki life

    Fir 17th century mein apne Sir Isaac newton aaye aur reflecting telescope use karte hue (jo unhone khud design kiya tha)......saari theories firse explain ki.......tab ja ke church ne accept kiya

    Church ka kehna tha........ki how can those people say or prove something which is against the theory of Church !!!

    lekin time ke saath sab badla ki nahi ???

    That is the point everybody here is making.........hope u understand
    Inshallah change hoga

    Aaj hum samjha rahe hai ki humara religion kisi ko pull back nahi karta aur freedom mein believe karta hai, haan kuch log apni marzi mein itne aage chle gaye ki Islam ka matlab hi badal diya.
    Ab hum bhi saari theories firse explain karenge aur uski misal denge ........ time ke saath firse sab badal jayenga.

  12. #12
    ~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,041
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gracefulguy View Post
    Ek chota sa example deta hoon.........

    Copernicus ne theory di thi earth rotation ki.....around the sun.....sabse pehle (not sabse pehle use pehle bhi kai logo ne di thi......aristharchus tha 300 BC mein....but that's not the point)

    Copernicus (15th century) ne kaha ki earth is not the center but Sun is the center of all planets and earth is just one of the planet. Church ne unko utha ke jail mein daal diya....!!!

    Uske baad Galelio galelli aaye (same 15th century).......unhone bhi yehi kaha.....refractive telescope use kiya.......calculations wohi nikli.....unko bhi jail mein daal diya aur house arrest karke rakha...baki life

    Fir 17th century mein apne Sir Isaac newton aaye aur reflecting telescope use karte hue (jo unhone khud design kiya tha)......saari theories firse explain ki.......tab ja ke church ne accept kiya

    Church ka kehna tha........ki how can those people say or prove something which is against the theory of Church !!!

    lekin time ke saath sab badla ki nahi ???

    That is the point everybody here is making.........hope u understand
    hmm … yea..

    No surprise there. The Church have blood on their hands. They wiped out most pagans in Europe. Took away their festivals such as easter, made it their own and gradually, cunningly converted pagans into Christians with bribes whatnot. They are also responsible for killing millions of Witches, possibly killed upto 6 million. Glad that today witchcraft is a much respected faith and accepted by government
    .
    So may it be

  13. #13
    ~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,041
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guy pearce View Post
    You mean modern laws should replace religious codes, but in that case, won't we all be atheists?!

    Meaning to say what? Is there a subliminal question here… That atheists are the scourge of society and that despite how law abiding, benevolent, good character, loving they be, they will never be suitable ? Your religious codes are all man made as well. Do remember that
    So may it be

  14. #14
    Chalak¤Guy®™ Lieutenant parveztubez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Your Internet
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisbonstar28 View Post

    Meaning to say what? Is there a subliminal question here… That atheists are the scourge of society and that despite how law abiding, benevolent, good character, loving they be, they will never be suitable ? Your religious codes are all man made as well. Do remember that
    I like the way you think, It's excellent but the issue is some people believe in present and posses modern and scientific wisdom and then there are many who cherish and believe in history. There is no way possible to bring both on common term.

    Example for me if someone will ask me that what changes would you like to see in Islam, my answer will be nothing except for the compulsory rule where a boy and girl should get married only after reaching their legal age which is decided by civil law. This way i am not going against my religion (coz it doesn't define a compulsory age of marriage) and be a law-abiding citizen.

    Here i am not discarding religious code which you think is man made nor am i discarding the civil rule which is man made. It's like i am having best of both worlds.

  15. #15
    ~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,041
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parveztubez View Post
    I like the way you think, It's excellent but the issue is some people believe in present and posses modern and scientific wisdom and then there are many who cherish and believe in history. There is no way possible to bring both on common term.

    You probably won’t believe me but i can relate to that. I too believe in ‘history’ . My faith’s origins probably stem back to a time when Moses was just a sperm or a thought in God’s head. But it’s not about you and I. Laws have to be made for the great of good. Evolution.
    So may it be

Similar Threads

  1. Did Prophet Muhammad marry A’isha when she was only six years old?
    By parveztubez in forum Politics and Religious Chaupal
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 24-09-2014, 03:41 PM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 12:55 AM
  3. Islam - Muhammad - Legacy of a Prophet.
    By MarHin in forum Videos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-06-2012, 07:22 PM
  4. ~~~House of Prophet Muhammad ~~~( Must See)~~~
    By harsh_143_86 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 11:01 AM
  5. Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) Shajra-e-Nasb
    By Emancipation in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27-10-2007, 12:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •