Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My boyfreind is taking Weed

Unregistered

Unhappy My boyfreind is taking Weed

HI ! i am in a relationship with a guy from 5 yrs ,he is talking weed,smoking .i don,t like it nor my family with like tht type of guys .i lie to me many times n i forgive him ,becoz i thinked he will change bt he is same .i want to break up n go bt my heart not allowing .wht should i do plzzzzzzzz sayyy

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Well, the call is really yours to take. If he is smoking pot regularly, then its not good news, and you say your family will also not approve. Have a talk with him and tell him whats on your mind- maybe even give him an ultimatum and if he still does not change, then seriously think of weather you can accept his habits or will he have to go?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;6944578]HI ! i am in a relationship with a guy from 5 yrs ,he is talking weed,smoking .i don,t like it nor my family with like tht type of guys .i lie to me many times n i forgive him ,becoz i thinked he will change bt he is same .i want to break up n go bt my heart not allowing .wht should i do plzzzzzzzz sayyy
    sayyy
    Hi girl,,
    Your boyfriend is not leaving the bad habits becos he is addicted to it.addiction is not easy to leave.it needs lot of will power.try talking to him and if he really wants to leave then you have deaddiction centres wherin they take care of you and gradually make you leave the habit.If he is serious about stopping then ask him to accompany you to such a centre.If he is not ready to come,,then better leave him as he will not be able to shed the habit as long as he lives.

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

We are wired in a way tht wrong things attract us the most. So just don't fall for ur heart. use ur brain and get this guy out of ur life. U r not supposed to ruin yr future for an addict.
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

If your heart is not allowing, stick with him. Weed is much better than other narcotics like meth, cocaine etc. He will survive.

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

heard this?a stitch in time saves nine!?
    leave him now...u definitely dont deserve to cry all your life...
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

SB Champion Lieutenant

I agree with Neha......WHat you are seeing is 'best' of him...(ofcourse under influence of weeds)...so what ever will happen in future...you'll see the downwards slide of him unless he stops taking weeds (or any substitute...say alcohol etc). Accept him only if he has fully given up weeds (that can only be tested whn difficult time comes in life and he doesn't falls back to his weaknesses).....Since all this seems so much impossible in reality...you better give up on him....Dont be ashamed in doing so...as you cannot live all your life in hell just bcoz you want to show this world that your's was a TRUE love....be practical...request him to improve or be ready to loose you forever. throw the ball in his COURT...

New Born

Default It's your call...

The weed is actually not a big thing. Many people smoke weed and is fairly common and legal in many countries. It's like "eating beef" to a hindu, "non-vegeterian" to a strictly vegetarian family, "consuming alcohol" to a muslim, and so on... In my family, anyone below eighteen or twenty consuming tea is highly discouraged - I don't even consume tea, till now.

Rest assured that I am not at all supportive of the weed , but... the point is that each of the activities/instances mentioned in above paragraph is harmless and okay in general - a girl may not dump her boyfriend/husband for any of those - but still those activities are concern for the particular families/people involved. So finally, it is YOU to take a call.

If you are okay, it doesn't matter what anyone else says.

If you are uncomfortable, it doesn't matter what anyone else says.

Best wishes!

P.S.: Above is under the assumption that he doesn't do it daily, which is hinted at by your words "many times... 5 years... forgive him...". He pretty much does it occasionally only, may be when with friends, once in a month or so... By your post alone, I believe he is NOT an addict.
    Last edited by anks_sb; 05-07-2015 at 09:29 AM. Reason: P S

Chalak¤Guy®™ Lieutenant parveztubez's Avatar

Weed you said weed, please tell how many sticks he smokes in a day?
    If one in two to three days then there is a possibility of him leaving this habit.
    But if daily once or twice and can't stay without it then you better leave him or else everyday he will take you in different kind of imagination world..............which actually is interesting

Quote Originally Posted by parveztubez View Post
    If one in two to three days then there is a possibility of him leaving this habit.
    But if daily once or twice and can't stay without it then you better leave him or else everyday he will take you in different kind of imagination world..............which actually is interesting
    have you tasted???

SB Champion Lieutenant

I agree with Parvez.....what I've heard too is that it's entirely different from smoking cigrattes.....very very addictive stuff...too tough to give up...in fact ppl can debate over it.

this may give you pain later...i say just dump him and move him, you'll thank me some day....sometimes short term pain is good for long term gain...

Quote Originally Posted by parveztubez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ace of base View Post
    have you tasted???
    wo khane ki cheez nahi hai...

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Ya to uske saath Dum Maaro Dum......ya to Laat Maaro Bum...your choice...
    I Hope They Remember You...

New Born

Dear Ma'am,

Its sad that in today's day and age, many of us here on the forum, and particularily you, stick by the old, baseless, unscientific theory, that weed (marijuana) is something dangerous.. So, To take things forward, here are some points for you to delve on:

1) Marijuana is not a gateway drug, and addiction is something truly debatable on scientific terms.. The presence of a chemical CBD (Cannibidiol, check spelling) prevents the addiction factor, which means there will be no withdrawal symptoms.

2) Marijuana is a solution, a very effective one against issues like insomnia, whereby it has a very calming effect on the nerves. Compare that to general medicine, and your boyfriend will have serious other issues to deal with, including cancer, addiction, and organ damage.

3) The only threat that your boyfriend might be to anything, is the contents of your fridge. Yes, it gives you the munchies and you would definitely be hungry after consuming cannabis. I hope this is a better option, than methadone, and other hardline drugs which destroy a person in every way possible.

The list in support of your boyfriend's cannabis use is way too much for me to sum up here. Hence, I would recommend that you read from credible online sources, about medical and scientific sides to the cannabis plant, and its use as a recreational and medicinal drug. As for your parents go, please take them along as well, as their bias seems to be running along yours. Having said all this, I wouldnt recommend cannabis as something one should take for health, but if there is a case, like your boyfriend's, please do him and dhumanity a favor by exiting his life, or sim-ply bring yourself to terms with scientific evidence out there, which you can access easily..