Thread: Supreme Court Accepts Live-In Relationships. Calls Them ‘An Acceptable Norm’

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

Default Supreme Court Accepts Live-In Relationships. Calls Them ‘An Acceptable Norm’

A usual debate on defamation and freedom of speech led the Supreme Court (SC) to pass a landmark judgement on live-in relationships, saying it has now become an accepted norm in society. "In modern times, live-in relationship has become an acceptable norm. It is not a crime," a bench of Justices Dipak Misra and Prafulla C Pant observed on Thursday, July 24.
    During a discussion in the court on whether the personal lives of prominent figures should come under public scrutiny or it could invite defamation, the judges categorically mentioned that live-in relationships do not attract any penal action.

A representational image | Source: Deccan Chronicle

It is interesting to note that the judgement came during the hearing of petitions filed by Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and BJP leader Subramanian Swamy, for decriminalising the offence of defamation.

Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi however opposed the petition seeking quashing of criminal defamation law saying it would lead to anarchy. He also said that discussing personal lives of public figures serves no general interests.

A file photo of Supreme Court | Source: Wikipedia

"Does the freedom of speech and expression necessarily mean that one can say anything about anybody? Can any orderly society have this kind of behavioural norms? "If yes, then you will have nothing but the anarchy," said Rohatgi emphasising the need to keep a tab on defamation in the age of Facebook and Twitter.
    Surprisingly, it is not the first instance where the apex court's came out in full support of live-in relationships. On November 28, 2013, SC had asked the Parliament to frame a law for the protection of women in live-in relationships and children born out of it
    More recently in April this year, the court had also ruled that if an unmarried couple is living together as husband and wife, they would be presumed to be legally married and the woman would be eligible to inherit property after the death of her partner.
    Thank you bala

So What will be IPC if person harassed live in partner mentaly or physically

And the most important thing will "she" get the compensation(individually , not if they have children).if he/she decided to live a separate life.

Quote Originally Posted by Silky bravo View Post
    So What will be IPC if person harassed live in partner mentaly or physically

And the most important thing will "she" get the compensation(individually , not if they have children).if he/she decided to live a separate life.
    SHE WILL HAVE ALL THE RIGHTS OF A WIFE,,BETTER GO FOR ONE NIGHT STANDS

Chalak¤Guy®™ Lieutenant parveztubez's Avatar

Will hotel allow couple to check in single room without providing marriage certificate?

Quote Originally Posted by parveztubez View Post
    Will hotel allow couple to check in single room without providing marriage certificate?
    YOU ARE A CHALAK GUY NAH,, YOU WILL MAKE THE MEANS TO GET IN CHECKED.SHOULD BE A CAKE WALK FOR U.... WELCOME BACK MATE

Quote Originally Posted by ace of base View Post
    YOU ARE A CHALAK GUY NAH,, YOU WILL MAKE THE MEANS TO GET IN CHECKED.SHOULD BE A CAKE WALK FOR U.... WELCOME BACK MATE
    Honestly, Tried once during prime days. Receptionist asked me 'marriage certificate?'. ended up paying heavy tax.

Quote Originally Posted by parveztubez View Post
    Honestly, Tried once during prime days. Receptionist asked me 'marriage certificate?'. ended up paying heavy tax.

arre yaar ye SC wale kitne confuse karte rehte hai...
    not that anything directly impacts me...lekin koi pooche to pata hona chahiye - so abhi final decision kya hai?
    Sex illiegal
    Living legal
    Marriage illegal

Quote Originally Posted by rv102938 View Post
    arre yaar ye SC wale kitne confuse karte rehte hai...
    not that anything directly impacts me...lekin koi pooche to pata hona chahiye - so abhi final decision kya hai?
    Sex illiegal
    Living legal
    Marriage illegal
    no confusion . if the female goes to court asking half your property and alimony,, you admit it was consensual. otherwise she will cry rape.so heads she wins,,and tails she wins and wins your property too

Quote Originally Posted by ace of base View Post
    no confusion . if the female goes to court asking half your property and alimony,, you admit it was consensual. otherwise she will cry rape.so heads she wins,,and tails she wins and wins your property too
    NVM. ok this is about ladka-ladki live ins. I read the headline and in my mind I was thinking about same sex live ins...

abhi kaliyug me ladko ko apni ijjat-wijjat bachake ghumna padta hai...only wrong girls take advantage of the law. jiske liye law bana hai wo to abhi bhi suffer kar reli hai....total --yapa chal rela hai kantry me

Quote Originally Posted by rv102938 View Post
    NVM. ok this is about ladka-ladki live ins. I read the headline and in my mind I was thinking about same sex live ins...

abhi kaliyug me ladko ko apni ijjat-wijjat bachake ghumna padta hai...only wrong girls take advantage of the law. jiske liye law bana hai wo to abhi bhi suffer kar reli hai....total --yapa chal rela hai kantry me
    Aur nahi to kya, pehle humko azadi se valentine mana ne ke do

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

To each their own…
    So may it be