Thread: Her parents forcing her into marrying me

Unregistered

Default Her parents forcing her into marrying me

Hi Mam,

I am a male and looking for arrange marriage. I saw a girl whom i liked and she also agreed. But somewhere i get the feeling that initially she did not agree to marry me but after her parents forced her, she agreed. Now what do you think i should do? Should i marry her after knowing this. I don't want someone forcefully marrying me

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Listen, if you like her, why don't you have an honest conversation with her about this? I can understand that you would not like to marry a girl through pressure, but make her comfortable and see what she says. Maybe there was an initial hesitation but now she's adjusted to the idea. let her tell you....

What makes you think she refused initially??? Is it just your gut feeling or did you get it to hear?? Well sometimes in arranged marriages,, there can be a no from either the male or female because less is known about each other.
    But even if your feelings are true,. There is no harm in asking the girl why she felt that way??
    NEVER CHASE LOVE,ATTENTION OR AFFECTION. IF IT IS NOT GIVEN FREELY BY ANOTHER PERSON,ITS ISNT WORTH HAVING...

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

Bhai.... kya farak pdta h beech mei kya hua. the end is she is ready to marry u. Aur kya chahiye tumhe!
    if I was at ur place I wouldn't have concentrated on the middle stuff. Its end tht matters. There are peopl who are in love badly. Sath jeene Marne ki kasmein khate hain but at end they don't marry. Ab btao beech ki bkwas ka kya fayda hua jb end mei shadi he nhi hui. So chill and don't waste ur energy on unnecessary dissection.
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

✿ VILLAIN ✿ Brigadier General Albert Pinto's Avatar
    Dharthi sunehri, amber neela, her mausam rangeela...

Quote Originally Posted by Neha1 View Post
    Bhai.... kya farak pdta h beech mei kya hua. the end is she is ready to marry u. Aur kya chahiye tumhe!
    if I was at ur place I wouldn't have concentrated on the middle stuff. Its end tht matters. There are peopl who are in love badly. Sath jeene Marne ki kasmein khate hain but at end they don't marry. Ab btao beech ki bkwas ka kya fayda hua jb end mei shadi he nhi hui. So chill and don't waste ur energy on unnecessary dissection.
    No.... Worst thing in our society is .... Girls succumb under family pressure.... Even if they are financially independent and can sustain themselves... they still marry parent's choice because they don't wanna see them getting hurt. Query poster's attitude is right.... Gal's happiness and opinion matters a lot.... Forced marriage often results in mediocre relationship.... Its very significant to know whether she's forced or she genuinely wanna marry him.... Bina matlab ke risthey ko saari zindagi nibhana.... That su(ks big time....

@thread: Talk to her dude... and get things cleared.... If you feel its been imposed on her... call it off....
    Last edited by Albert Pinto; 23-08-2015 at 10:58 PM.
    Kuch baat hai ki hasti meet ti nahi hamari
    Sadiyo raha hai dushman daur-e-zamaana hamara

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pinto View Post
    No.... Worst thing in our society is .... Girls succumb under family pressure.... Even if they are financially independent and can sustain themselves... they still marry parent's choice because they don't wanna see them getting hurt. Query poster's attitude is right.... Gal's happiness and opinion matters a lot.... Forced marriage often results in mediocre relationship.... Its very significant to know whether she's forced or she genuinely wanna marry him.... Bina matlab ke risthey ko saari zindagi nibhana.... That su(ks big time....

@thread: Talk to her dude... and get things cleared.... If you feel its been imposed on her... call it off....
    Don't kno buddy .. I really haven't seen any example of girl being forced to marry someone tht too in these times. thts different story tht parents are not OK with lov marriage type stuff. but even in tht case too parents don't say leave tht boy and we will make u marry a guy of our choice ... or may b my source of knowledge is limited in this case and girls are forced to marry like in movies where father gets heart attack when girl says no to the guy of their choice.
    Sources: movies Dhadkan & Jeet
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

Ask her once, if she doesnt admit that she was reluctant in the start, then let it go and get married.
    You never know what you can become ..

Quote Originally Posted by Neha1 View Post
    Don't kno buddy .. I really haven't seen any example of girl being forced to marry someone tht too in these times. thts different story tht parents are not OK with lov marriage type stuff. but even in tht case too parents don't say leave tht boy and we will make u marry a guy of our choice ... or may b my source of knowledge is limited in this case and girls are forced to marry like in movies where father gets heart attack when girl says no to the guy of their choice.
    Sources: movies Dhadkan & Jeet
    Lol!!!! Dhadkan and jeet!!! Well girls do sometimes come up with some reasons which they let go sometimes later like, he is dark or nose is not sharp or dosent have dressing sense. So even if forced or for some reasons mentioned above,its better the query person talks to her. In anycase ,like pinto mentioned its not good if its forced
    NEVER CHASE LOVE,ATTENTION OR AFFECTION. IF IT IS NOT GIVEN FREELY BY ANOTHER PERSON,ITS ISNT WORTH HAVING...

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Mam,

I am a male and looking for arrange marriage. I saw a girl whom i liked and she also agreed. But somewhere i get the feeling that initially she did not agree to marry me but after her parents forced her, she agreed. Now what do you think i should do? Should i marry her after knowing this. I don't want someone forcefully marrying me
    this is common in arranged marriages...
    many have affairs before marriage and choose to keep quiet and get married to someone else...
    probably the girl will do the same...
    its difficult to chose, but many people do this..just so you know

which one of the below is true?
    1) But somewhere i get the feeling that
    2) Should i marry her after knowing this

Either you get the feeling OR you know. Both cannot be true. If you get the feeling, ask her if it is true. Even if she lies, you can read a lot from what she says. If you know, then dont marry. Unless you are a puppet to make your in-laws happy by marrying their girl.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Dude this is like every Indian Arrange Marriage........"Forceful" is silent...
    I Hope They Remember You...

Young Gun

[QUOTE=Unregistered;6978170]Hi Mam,

I am a male and looking for arrange marriage. I saw a girl whom i liked and she also agreed. But somewhere i get the feeling that initially she did not agree to marry me but after her parents forced her, she agreed. Now what do you think i should do? Should i marry her after knowing this. I don't want someone forcefully marrying me[/QUOTE

Speak to her and clear out your doubts.