Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Her parents forcing her into marrying me

  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Her parents forcing her into marrying me

    Hi Mam,

    I am a male and looking for arrange marriage. I saw a girl whom i liked and she also agreed. But somewhere i get the feeling that initially she did not agree to marry me but after her parents forced her, she agreed. Now what do you think i should do? Should i marry her after knowing this. I don't want someone forcefully marrying me

  2. #2
    Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    61,027
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Listen, if you like her, why don't you have an honest conversation with her about this? I can understand that you would not like to marry a girl through pressure, but make her comfortable and see what she says. Maybe there was an initial hesitation but now she's adjusted to the idea. let her tell you....

  3. #3
    SB Guru Major ace of base's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    hyd
    Posts
    6,476
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    What makes you think she refused initially??? Is it just your gut feeling or did you get it to hear?? Well sometimes in arranged marriages,, there can be a no from either the male or female because less is known about each other.
    But even if your feelings are true,. There is no harm in asking the girl why she felt that way??
    NEVER CHASE LOVE,ATTENTION OR AFFECTION. IF IT IS NOT GIVEN FREELY BY ANOTHER PERSON,ITS ISNT WORTH HAVING...

  4. #4
    Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Dev bhumi Himachal
    Posts
    9,202
    Rep Power
    99

    Default

    Bhai.... kya farak pdta h beech mei kya hua. the end is she is ready to marry u. Aur kya chahiye tumhe!
    if I was at ur place I wouldn't have concentrated on the middle stuff. Its end tht matters. There are peopl who are in love badly. Sath jeene Marne ki kasmein khate hain but at end they don't marry. Ab btao beech ki bkwas ka kya fayda hua jb end mei shadi he nhi hui. So chill and don't waste ur energy on unnecessary dissection.
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

  5. #5
    ✿ VILLAIN ✿ Brigadier General Albert Pinto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dharthi sunehri, amber neela, her mausam rangeela...
    Posts
    23,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neha1 View Post
    Bhai.... kya farak pdta h beech mei kya hua. the end is she is ready to marry u. Aur kya chahiye tumhe!
    if I was at ur place I wouldn't have concentrated on the middle stuff. Its end tht matters. There are peopl who are in love badly. Sath jeene Marne ki kasmein khate hain but at end they don't marry. Ab btao beech ki bkwas ka kya fayda hua jb end mei shadi he nhi hui. So chill and don't waste ur energy on unnecessary dissection.
    No.... Worst thing in our society is .... Girls succumb under family pressure.... Even if they are financially independent and can sustain themselves... they still marry parent's choice because they don't wanna see them getting hurt. Query poster's attitude is right.... Gal's happiness and opinion matters a lot.... Forced marriage often results in mediocre relationship.... Its very significant to know whether she's forced or she genuinely wanna marry him.... Bina matlab ke risthey ko saari zindagi nibhana.... That su(ks big time....

    @thread: Talk to her dude... and get things cleared.... If you feel its been imposed on her... call it off....
    Last edited by Albert Pinto; 23-08-2015 at 10:58 PM.
    Kuch baat hai ki hasti meet ti nahi hamari
    Sadiyo raha hai dushman daur-e-zamaana hamara



  6. #6
    Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Dev bhumi Himachal
    Posts
    9,202
    Rep Power
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pinto View Post
    No.... Worst thing in our society is .... Girls succumb under family pressure.... Even if they are financially independent and can sustain themselves... they still marry parent's choice because they don't wanna see them getting hurt. Query poster's attitude is right.... Gal's happiness and opinion matters a lot.... Forced marriage often results in mediocre relationship.... Its very significant to know whether she's forced or she genuinely wanna marry him.... Bina matlab ke risthey ko saari zindagi nibhana.... That su(ks big time....

    @thread: Talk to her dude... and get things cleared.... If you feel its been imposed on her... call it off....
    Don't kno buddy .. I really haven't seen any example of girl being forced to marry someone tht too in these times. thts different story tht parents are not OK with lov marriage type stuff. but even in tht case too parents don't say leave tht boy and we will make u marry a guy of our choice ... or may b my source of knowledge is limited in this case and girls are forced to marry like in movies where father gets heart attack when girl says no to the guy of their choice.
    Sources: movies Dhadkan & Jeet
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

  7. #7
    SB Wizard Captain o00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,512
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Ask her once, if she doesnt admit that she was reluctant in the start, then let it go and get married.
    You never know what you can become ..

  8. #8
    SB Guru Major ace of base's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    hyd
    Posts
    6,476
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neha1 View Post
    Don't kno buddy .. I really haven't seen any example of girl being forced to marry someone tht too in these times. thts different story tht parents are not OK with lov marriage type stuff. but even in tht case too parents don't say leave tht boy and we will make u marry a guy of our choice ... or may b my source of knowledge is limited in this case and girls are forced to marry like in movies where father gets heart attack when girl says no to the guy of their choice.
    Sources: movies Dhadkan & Jeet
    Lol!!!! Dhadkan and jeet!!! Well girls do sometimes come up with some reasons which they let go sometimes later like, he is dark or nose is not sharp or dosent have dressing sense. So even if forced or for some reasons mentioned above,its better the query person talks to her. In anycase ,like pinto mentioned its not good if its forced
    NEVER CHASE LOVE,ATTENTION OR AFFECTION. IF IT IS NOT GIVEN FREELY BY ANOTHER PERSON,ITS ISNT WORTH HAVING...

  9. #9
    SB Addict
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    542
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Mam,

    I am a male and looking for arrange marriage. I saw a girl whom i liked and she also agreed. But somewhere i get the feeling that initially she did not agree to marry me but after her parents forced her, she agreed. Now what do you think i should do? Should i marry her after knowing this. I don't want someone forcefully marrying me
    this is common in arranged marriages...
    many have affairs before marriage and choose to keep quiet and get married to someone else...
    probably the girl will do the same...
    its difficult to chose, but many people do this..just so you know

  10. #10
    SB Guru Major rv102938's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,616
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    which one of the below is true?
    1) But somewhere i get the feeling that
    2) Should i marry her after knowing this

    Either you get the feeling OR you know. Both cannot be true. If you get the feeling, ask her if it is true. Even if she lies, you can read a lot from what she says. If you know, then dont marry. Unless you are a puppet to make your in-laws happy by marrying their girl.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

  11. #11
    DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    29,969
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Dude this is like every Indian Arrange Marriage........"Forceful" is silent...
    I Hope They Remember You...



  12. #12
    Young Gun
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    498
    Rep Power
    84

    Default

    [QUOTE=Unregistered;6978170]Hi Mam,

    I am a male and looking for arrange marriage. I saw a girl whom i liked and she also agreed. But somewhere i get the feeling that initially she did not agree to marry me but after her parents forced her, she agreed. Now what do you think i should do? Should i marry her after knowing this. I don't want someone forcefully marrying me[/QUOTE


    Speak to her and clear out your doubts.

Similar Threads

  1. Parents forcing me to marry
    By Unregistered in forum Ask Preeto / Agony Aunt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 27-08-2011, 07:32 PM
  2. Wife and Parents forcing for a Baby
    By Unregistered in forum Ask Preeto / Agony Aunt
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 19-01-2011, 04:45 PM
  3. Parents forcing into arranged marriage
    By Unregistered in forum Ask Preeto / Agony Aunt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-01-2010, 08:34 PM
  4. parents forcing Engg on me.....troubled
    By Preeto Maam in forum Ask Preeto / Agony Aunt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-12-2009, 07:53 PM
  5. Parents forcing me....Swimming-Hater
    By Preeto Maam in forum Ask Preeto / Agony Aunt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 03:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •