Thread: Confused about my Six year old daughter

New Born

Default Confused about my Six year old daughter

Hello,

I am married & i have two daughter. Its about my elder daughter who is 6 years old & studying in first. By grace of God, she is smart, good in studies & darling of all my friends & relatives. The only thing I am worried about is that she gets frightens easily & is also a simpleton.
    Like she will start crying if she sees a dog near to her even though I am with her & tell her not to worry. she saw a lion in a cage in Zoo & started crying. Now when she goes down to play, her friends fool her & takes away her cycle. She isnt shrewd enough like other girls. On one side, I am happy that she is so straight a person but then always fear that she will never be able to handle herself.
    please advise..

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Oh! Don't worry. She's a good, smart girl and she will do well for herself. We as parents always worry that our children are not aggressive or street smart enough, but think. Are you not confused in the values you want to impart to her?
    The fault may lie in what we want from our kids rather than the other way around. Children who are good at their work and intelligent and hard working do well. Don't try and change her basic, sweet good nature. She'll get over her fears....those are natural.

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

She is just a six year old girl.... These are the fears that are common in kids of her age... Nothing to worry about... She will get over them once she grows up...
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

Comon friend she is a kid..if she cries let her..as she grows up she will get over it.. You should be a proud papa that you have a darling daughter !!
    NEVER CHASE LOVE,ATTENTION OR AFFECTION. IF IT IS NOT GIVEN FREELY BY ANOTHER PERSON,ITS ISNT WORTH HAVING...

Quote Originally Posted by ariesgirl View Post
    She is just a six year old girl.... These are the fears that are common in kids of her age... Nothing to worry about... She will get over them once she grows up...
    Agree. Children change a lot as they grow up.

If you are really so much worried, then take her to the zoo daily. I am serious. She will cry on the 1st day, 2nd day, 3rd day,.....but eventually her mind (which you said is smart) will learn that this is not dangerous and crying is futile. Human mind is an amazing creation and you have no idea how it adapts.

Taking her to zoo is just an expression, what I meant was make her do uncomfortable things that make her cry. But remember each day make her do the same thing over and over, so that she will remember and learn.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

Just let her grow up first. Don't be paranoid.

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by lifez2Cool View Post
    Hello,

I am married & i have two daughter. Its about my elder daughter who is 6 years old & studying in first. By grace of God, she is smart, good in studies & darling of all my friends & relatives. The only thing I am worried about is that she gets frightens easily & is also a simpleton.
    Like she will start crying if she sees a dog near to her even though I am with her & tell her not to worry. she saw a lion in a cage in Zoo & started crying. Now when she goes down to play, her friends fool her & takes away her cycle. She isnt shrewd enough like other girls. On one side, I am happy that she is so straight a person but then always fear that she will never be able to handle herself.
    please advise..
    she is just six..
    give her some time..
    everyone gets bullied one time or other..
    she will figure a way out to fight it..

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Cmon she is just a kid.....this is normal....I would have doubted her if she didnt cry in front of a lion.....lions are fckin scary !!!.....and dogs too !!!!....Any animal !!!
    I Hope They Remember You...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lifez2Cool View Post
    Hello,

please advise..

i would say slowly slowly make her face to the world , to the reality , i mean like if she is scared of dogs let her go near it , let her move her hand over dog , first time you show , second time let her do it , you might be taking care of her unnecessarily where its not needed i mean somethings even a child has to learn on own , like when it falls while walking then only it learns to walk , it hurts sometimes but this is the way child learn walking , do take care of your child but then let her learn things on own , you can also consult doctor or child psychologist for this & love ur child but dont over do it , if somewhere you need to scold and be strict do it , this is the age where children learn things you need to inculcate good things in the child.so take care , dont worry , you should also guide her , if you see some scaring her and taking away her cycle go talk to that other child tell ur child to take her cycle from the other kid , you need to make her brave which you dont seem to be doing.

Banned

Don't worry... she is just 6 six years old.