Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bollywood's foreign import

✿ VILLAIN ✿ Brigadier General Albert Pinto's Avatar
    Dharthi sunehri, amber neela, her mausam rangeela...

Default Bollywood's foreign import

Imran Khan (American)

Imran Khan was born Imran Pal on 13 January 1983 in Madison, Wisconsin, United States to Anil Pal (a software engineer) and Nuzhat Khan (a psychologist). He is the nephew of actor Aamir Khan and director-producer Mansoor Khan, and the grandson of director-producer Nasir Hussain.

Being an american citizen, he works in India with a work permit. He retained his mother's second name as a tribute to her because she raised him single handedly.

The characters in Ramayana seemed inspirational when I was a kid.
    Growing up made me realize, only Kumbhakaran had his life perfectly sorted out.

Fawad Khan (Pakistan)

Fawad Khan is a Pakistani film and television actor, producer, singer and model. Khan has established himself as a critically and commercially successful actor in the Pakistani television and film industry. Khan rose to prominence in the 2007 Pakistani movie Khuda Kay Liye, and later gained acclaim as a lead actor in TV shows Humsafar and Zindagi Gulzar Hai, for which he won the Best Actor Award at the Lux Style Awards.

In 2014, Khan made his Bollywood debut in the romantic comedy film Khoobsurat and received Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut.

Mikaal Zulfiqar (Pakistan)

Mikaal Zulfiqar is a British Pakistani actor and model. After an unsuccessful start in Bollywood, he still managed to bounce back through Neeraj Pandey's thriller BABY. The casting director Vicky Sidana and the director Neeraj Pandey had seen some of his work. They were looking for an international cast. So he was chosen.
    He played the role of Ashfaq as a deep asset of Indian Intelligence in Al-Dera, Saudi Arabia.

Kristina akheeva (Australian)

Kristina Akheeva is an Australian actress and model. She made her Bollywood debut with 2013 film Yamla Pagla Deewana 2.
    While in India for a modelling contract she auditioned for the lead role opposite Sunny Deol in Sangeeth Sivan's action comedy Yamla Pagla Deewana 2. Looking for a foreign face, the filmmakers chose her and she took a break from modelling. In August 2012 her casting was confirmed. During the filming she worked on her Hindi and dubbed for herself.

Amit Sadh (British)

Amit Sadh is a British television actor of Indian descent. He quit his studies after standard 12 to pursue his acting career. His first major role was in the Neena Gupta production's "Kyun Hota Hai Pyarrr", where he portrayed the character of Aditya;
    His big bollywood break came in Kai Po Che! , Directed by Abhishek Kapoor. Amit played the character of Omkar "Omi" Shastri.

Harish Patel (British)

Harish Patel is a British film actor of Indian descent. Although mainly associated with the stage, he has appeared in comedy films and on television. He began performing at the age of seven, when he played male and female parts in the Hindu epic Ramayana.
    In 1995, he joined the Indian National Theatre and did his first professional play Thakkali Charitam. He made his debut in Shyam Benegal directed Mandi(1983). He played supporting roles in Mr India(1987) and Andaz Apna Apna(1994)

Jiah Khan (British / American)

Jiah Khan was a British American actress, model and singer who appeared in Hindi films. She made her film debut in the 2007 Ram Gopal Verma film Nishabd for which she was nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. She played a supporting role in Ghajini which was the highest-grossing Bollywood film of 2008. Her performance in the latter earned her significant acclaim. She last appeared in Sajid Khan's romantic comedy Housefull, which was the fifth highest-grossing Bollywood film of 2010.

Upen Patel (British)

In May 2006, Patel made his Bollywood début with the film 36 China Town, directed by the duo Abbas–Mustan.
    His next Bollywood movie, Namastey London, released in March 2007, where Patel played the character of a Pakistani Muslim living in London.
    Patel was judged as the Model of the Year for four consecutive years at the Asia Fashion Award, and was featured among the top 10 sexiest men in Asia for five years running. MTV India awarded him as the most stylish male for two years in a row.

Giselli Monteiro (Brazil)

She made her debut in Love Aaj Kal (2009) as a Sikh girl Harleen Kaur and acted in 2011 Hindi romantic film "Always Kabhi Kabhi". In early 2012 she became the face of Jhoomar, a fashion boutique based in Kolkata, India.

Antonia Bernath (British)

This British actress is known for her short stint in Kisna, a movie starring Vivek Oberoi and Isha Sharvani. Kisna also happened to be her debut feature film, after which she went on to do many more Hollywood flicks such as Slaughter, and Pirate Radio, and TV series such as Trinity, Holby City, etc.

Sarah Thompson Kane (American)

Sarah Thompson Kane (born October 25, 1979) is an American actress best known for her role as Eve in Angel (2003–2004) and Rose in 7th Heaven (2005–2006).
    Critically acclaimed Rajneeti proved to be a hit among the masses, and Sarah Thompson Kane happened to be a vital part of the ensemble. Having known for her role in Cruel Intentions 2, and the TV series, 7th Heaven, Sarah made a smashing entry into Bollywood.

Mehdi Nebbou (French)

Born in France to a German mother and Algerian Father, Mehdi is known to be a prolific actor having acted in Sleeper, Munich, and Body of Lies. His role in Sridevi starrer, English Vinglish proved to be a great hit, making his presence felt in Bollywood cinema. In 2006 he played Ali Hassan Salameh the most wanted terrorist of Black September group in the Steven Spielberg blockbuster film "Munich". In 2008 Nebbou worked in the Ridley Scott film "Body of Lies" with Leonardo DiCaprio.

Rachel Shelley (British)

Yet another English actress making it big in Bollywood, Rachel Shelley caught everyone's eyes in the Amir Khan starrer, Lagaan, where she played a British Woman of pre-independence era. A seasoned actress, Rachel is known for her acting prowess in cinema as well as various television series.

As a matter of fact Aamir Khan's 'Lagaan' had the maximum number of British actors ever to be cast in a single movie in the history of Bollywood cinema.

Sendhil Ramamurthy (American)

Sendhil Ramamurthy is an American actor. He is best known for his roles as geneticist Mohinder Suresh in the NBC sci-fi drama Heroes and Jai Wilcox in the action spy series Covert Affairs. He appeared as Abhay in the Indian film Shor in the City. He played Gabriel Lowen in The CW sci-fi romance series Beauty & the Beast.

Hazel Keech (British)

Is a British actress and model. She has appeared in Billa and Bodyguard as well as in a Suzuki advertisement.
    Keech was born in Essex, England to a British father and a Mauritian mother. At 18, while holidaying in Mumbai, she received work offers and decided to stay back and pursue a modelling and acting career in India. In 2011, she played a supporting role in the Hindi film Bodyguard.