Thread: What should I carry to Dubai?

New Born

Default What should I carry to Dubai?

hi all..I got job in Dubai..and they told me to get necessary things with me for the rest of the year..becz I will be allowed to come to India only after completing 11 months if service...so what things should I take with me..as commodities in Dubai have high prices...like clothes..gadgets..etc..so pls guide me..and I'm MALE...😁

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! it really depends on where you are staying and what's the deal with your job. I'm opening this thread so that people who live in Dubai can help you with suggestions.

Soap, shampoo...

DIVIDED WE FALL !! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Passport.....and dont loose it...
    I'm in love with your body
    I'm in love with the Shape of You

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

Check the luggage limit of the airlines you are travelling in... Weigh frequently while packing and make sure it doesn't exceed the limit... Pack whatever essentials you use here..
    I seriously wonder what you would do in life when you yourself don't know even this silly thing...
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

✿ VILLAIN ✿ Brigadier General Albert Pinto's Avatar
    Dharthi sunehri, amber neela, her mausam rangeela...

Soap, Shampoos, Some quality set of clothes, Shoes....and if you are man...then along with these things....few more stuff.... laptop, external hard disk, lubes, tissue.... All the best...
    The characters in Ramayana seemed inspirational when I was a kid.
    Growing up made me realize, only Kumbhakaran had his life perfectly sorted out.

can they give you the apartment with the all the accessories?

Condoms - dubai is a LOT of fun!

Hi there ... I understand the mindset people have when travelling outside india.... but regarding dubai its a place where u will get everything tht u get in india .... so no need to bring any food / eating stuffs all are readily available .... the only thing which you may consider bringing would be medicines but check the list of medicines which are banned in dubai ....the medicines are very expensive here .... but you will be getting a medical insurance here still its better to have the basic medicines with you ..... otherwise there is nothing which you need to worry about not getting in dubai .....

best of luck for your job and have a great stay
    Look At Everything As Though You Were Seeing It Either For The First OR Last Time

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by arjun123rocks View Post
    hi all..I got job in Dubai..and they told me to get necessary things with me for the rest of the year..becz I will be allowed to come to India only after completing 11 months if service...so what things should I take with me..as commodities in Dubai have high prices...like clothes..gadgets..etc..so pls guide me..and I'm MALE...😁
    First of all congrats on the job!
    second i think what the company means by necessary things could be your attested educational documents and other work related documents because please dont fret over small everyday items which you can very well get from here itself and they are not at all expensive especially the Chinese ones. As for necessary items, tht is a broad term isnt it? do choose wisely what you think is absolutely important to you and your duration of the stay (i leave that to you).
    Do keep in mind that in no circumstances can you bring in any sort of DRUGS(CHARAS,GANJA,HEROIN,COCAINE ETC) or contraband(ANY BANNED SUBSTANCE SUCH AS PRESCRIPTION MEDICINES LIKE TRAMADOL AND LYRICA AND ETC) in any GCC country.
    Do check with your travel agent what is permissible and what is not.
    Also lastly DO NOT PUT IN MORE THAN 32 KILOS OF LUGGAGE IN ONE SUITCASE. Even a slight increase of half a kilo and you will have to open up ur luggage and remove that extra bit, once again do check with the agency how much cargo and in flight carry on you will be allowed.
    Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverX View Post
    First of all congrats on the job!
    second i think what the company means by necessary things could be your attested educational documents and other work related documents because please dont fret over small everyday items which you can very well get from here itself and they are not at all expensive especially the Chinese ones. As for necessary items, tht is a broad term isnt it? do choose wisely what you think is absolutely important to you and your duration of the stay (i leave that to you).
    Do keep in mind that in no circumstances can you bring in any sort of DRUGS(CHARAS,GANJA,HEROIN,COCAINE ETC) or contraband(ANY BANNED SUBSTANCE SUCH AS PRESCRIPTION MEDICINES LIKE TRAMADOL AND LYRICA AND ETC) in any GCC country.
    Do check with your travel agent what is permissible and what is not.
    Also lastly DO NOT PUT IN MORE THAN 32 KILOS OF LUGGAGE IN ONE SUITCASE. Even a slight increase of half a kilo and you will have to open up ur luggage and remove that extra bit, once again do check with the agency how much cargo and in flight carry on you will be allowed.
    Hope that helps.
    Complete answer.....

@ Arjun: if i were u i wud go with the above

Dubai is a wonderful place, u get almost everything everywhere....so dont worry much..

Imp to chk ur docs etc.

Congrats on ur job and enjoy ur stay...

One more thing....INR to AED is ezpensive.... So opt for an advance from the company to see thru the first month...till ur salary is deposited in bank....
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

Carry charas, ganja and coccaine and you will never come back...
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

New Born

Debit card, passport, 2-3 extra pair of clothes.