Thread: My husband is cheating on me

Unregistered

Default My husband is cheating on me

Hi,I am a 38 year old woman married for 10 years after a courtship of 6 years.my husband has an old female friend with some heart ailment .I once caught him talking to her secretly after which he admitted that they were in a relationship,however,he apologised and assured me that he was completely off her.after a few years he himself cameupto me saying that this woman was going through severe financial crunch and so approached him for help do he has helped her with some money.now he is in constant touch with her through chats and claims that they never meet.i have created fuss,cried,requested did all that I could to have him leave her but he says he can't do that.i am confused whether to continue my marriage with this baggage or quit.i have an 8 year old daughter,parents n in laws to look after n do not work.both continuing and discontinuing the marriage has sufferings attached for me.i sure would not kill myself though.please suggest....no making fun pls coz its sensitive.
    Thanks
    Shruti

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hmmm, well Shruti, you seem pretty convinced that there's a steady relationship and while I understand the anger and confusion you must be going through, but at the same time, am glad that you are not considering anything drastic or silly.
    Take your time and see how you want to handle this and what's the best option for you. Could you enlist the support of your family in this- get them to help out with the situation? Worst case scenario, you could even think of using the support of the marriage and within that re-negotiating the terms of the marriage.
    Be calm and see if the marriage can be salvaged....don't rush out of it unless its beyond redemption. Obviously, you are not willing to do that unless there's no other option.

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

Bring ur in-laws in this matter. Tell them everything. Still if u find no change in his behavior u may ask ur parents to interven.
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

Maybe he doesnt love her but has a 'taras' (pity) or sympathy and empathy for her. Maybe his heart melts when he sees someone in pain, and hence he cant help but just help that someone. Find out more. Dont be a closed minded lady. You say he admitted that they were in relationship, was it physical? Hire a detective if needed to find more.
    Last edited by o00; 05-03-2016 at 10:59 PM.
    You never know what you can become ..

i say kill yourself.....

lol, just kidding....just threaten to leave him and getting divorce. ek baat samajlo shruti, mujhko pata hai ki tum divorce nahi dogi, tumko pata hai ki tum divorce nahi dogi...par usko thodi na pata hai....

he will think that you are seriously considering ending this relationship. see how he behaves under this threat. make sure you are genuine so that he does not call your bluff.

another idea is threatening him to open his secret in front of his parents, relatives. that is the worst thing for him and you can play the victim card here. you will get all the sympathy and their support.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

New Born

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by o00 View Post
    Maybe he doesnt love her but has a 'taras' (pity) or sympathy and empathy for her. Maybe his heart melts when he sees someone in pain, and hence he cant help but just help that someone. Find out more. Dont be a closed minded lady. You say he admitted that they were in relationship, was it physical? Hire a detective if needed to find more.
    Fully agree...they were in a relationship and now he is married to you. He has been a good husband to you as there may not be any history of things that may make you think otherwise. He is not ignoring you, not ready for divorce so its clear that he loves you. Only thing is that he is unable to see his ex in pain and helping her out of compassion and old times sake, as a friend. So here your husband is more mentally in pain than you. HE NEEDS YOUR HELP MORE THAN YOU NEED HELP. Support him till he cares about you, if he starts ignoring you then other members have suggested steps to be taken.

♥ fєmmє fαtαlє ♥ Major Sweet Mimi's Avatar

am sorry to knw about your pain... its not easy.. he is really disrespecting you when he says he cant leave her.. please dont buy the fact that they dont meet.. am telling you probably there is much more than meeting between them.. a man wont just give another woman importnce like that. think about it. am not here to ncrease you worries but you need to prepare yourself for the worst mentally.. if its possible to get a job.. do so.. and leave. thats the only solution for you my dear.. get a job first and leave. dont let anyone in this world use you and treat you like a garbage who has to accept any treatment!
    I'm a shhh girl
    Loving me could be a crime

New Born
    Last edited by coeywong88; 13-03-2016 at 09:42 PM.

New Born

As long as your needs a met financially, you shouldn't tell him where to spend his money. I think it is a good thing that he is helping out an old friend in a time of need, even at the risk of sabotaging his marriage. That's incredible in fact. I suppose you would be less concerned if it were a male friend instead..?

But even with this female friend, who he admittedly has some history with, it's totally okay to help out. It's 2016 and people usually do have multiple relationships in a lifetime. So he had one too, before you. It's perhaps time to evolve and respond to changing times. You cannot fault him for caring for a friend, but what you could do is handle communications/transactions yourself so as to ensure there's nothing else going on between them.

After all, he says his end-goal to help her and nothing 'else', so you need to find a way to accomplish that without them communicating with each other. So take over the charge from him; tell him that if it's that important to him you will help her with her issues and he should just pay you. This way he doesn't use her illness as an excuse to chat with her. If his main concern is her well-being then he wouldn't have a problem with this new setup. In a way, you will be managing his charities.

However, if he does have a problem with the setup, then you should consider moving out/separating for a while, before you file for a divorce. Sometimes it takes a shock to bring a person back to his senses.

Good luck.

Banned

Although modern laws may not permit, humans inherently are polygamists. Your husband may not have evolved into the constructs of modern society. It is for both of you to understand one another. Whether you involve your in-laws or your parents, his behavior shall not change unless his belief does.

You may also want to introspect about how and why his behavior is hurting you. Find a common ground and resolve the matter else if loyalty and possession trumps everything else for you, call it quits.

Well given her heart is failing, she will not be around too long anyway. Who cares that he has a female friend?

SB MahaGuru Colonel

very bad from him . . . . . . .