Thread: Exposed! What The Soft Drink Companies Doesn't Want us to Know.

New Born

Thumbs up Exposed! What The Soft Drink Companies Doesn't Want us to Know.

भारत में बेचे जाने वाले जहरीले सॉफ्ट ड्रिंक्स की वास्तविकता l

The pesticides which were found in the soft drinks - Lindane, DDT and its metabolites, Chlorpyrifos and Malathion - have extremely harmful effects on human health.
    Lindane, which is absorbed through respiratory, digestive or cutaneous routes, damages liver, kidney, neural and immune systems and induces birth defects, cancer and death.

DDT and its metabolites have effects on reproduction and increases risks of breast cancer in women.

Chlorpyrifos causes immunological change.

Malathion causes birth defects in variety of wildlife, muscle weakness and paralysis. Melaxon which is the metabolite of malathion is more toxic than malathion itself.

It is also noticed in the Report that soft drinks companies like Coca Cola and Pepsi were forced to sell non-caffeinated soft drinks in the USA and Europe whereas in India they sell caffeinated drinks. Caffeine is a methylated xanthine which is a mildly addictive stimulant drug. Large amount of caffeine consumption can cause diseases and disorders such as insomnia, nervousness, anxiety, irritability etc. It increases the excretion of calcium in urine which poses the risk for osteoporosis. There are other adverse effects regarding maternal fertility problems which have been noticed. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave a warning in 1981 itself that "pregnant women should avoid caffeine containing foods and drugs, if possible, or consume them only sparingly". There was no reasonable justification given by the companies - PepsiCo or Coca Cola - for not selling non-caffeinated soft drinks.

in US/ Canada too, there is caffeine in the drinks. in fact, its more amount than in a cup of coffee. anyways, i didnt see the video but read the text and without going into details, i sort of agree with what is said here.

yes, regulators need to do their job, but corporations have a way of manipulating the regulators (even in developed countries). it is upto us how we take it. there was a time when i used to regularly drink these, but now i have stopped. i rarely have soft drinks, maybe 2-4 times in a year.

we should all be careful. drink, eat homemade natural foods as far as possible. good info. thanks for sharing.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

informative.... TFS.
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by Neha1 View Post
    informative.... TFS.
    Thanksssssssssssss

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by rv102938 View Post
    in US/ Canada too, there is caffeine in the drinks. in fact, its more amount than in a cup of coffee. anyways, i didnt see the video but read the text and without going into details, i sort of agree with what is said here.

yes, regulators need to do their job, but corporations have a way of manipulating the regulators (even in developed countries). it is upto us how we take it. there was a time when i used to regularly drink these, but now i have stopped. i rarely have soft drinks, maybe 2-4 times in a year.

we should all be careful. drink, eat homemade natural foods as far as possible. good info. thanks for sharing.
    Thanksssssssssss.