Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate geniuses!

Default I hate geniuses!

I hate geniuses.

Scientists, mathematicians, chess champions, prodigious engineers, prodigious detectives, prodigious economists, astronomers and other technical prodigies have one disappointing trait in common. Earlier when I hadn't met one (or thought that I hadn't), I guessed being in the company of a genius would be riveting, thrilling, exciting etc. Like watching 1978 movie ‘Don’, reading the entertaining excerpts of the novel 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' (by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn), listening to great music etc. I had incorrectly thought that their presence is something worth looking forward to in life. But the reality really seems to be different. Now I know the feel of a company of a genius may be no better than workplace banality. I had presumed meeting a genius would be fun. But meeting with genius turned out to be an ordinary experience. It was not much pleasure.

Geniuses have this false reputation. I foolishly believed these folks were pleasantly dramatic. There is a misconception about aura of geniuses. I naively surmised standing near them gives wonderful sensations. I had expected that presence of genius creates surreal emotion. I was wrong.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! Well, no one said that a genius had to be an entertainer as well, did they? That was your own expectation, not, probably, rooted in fact. Not the fault of the person with the high IQ that he/she did not meet up to your probably unrealistic expectations!

Basically you are insecure and need help.
    You never know what you can become ..

Series of events -
    you had some pre-conceived notions about geniuses
    you met one genius and he did not behave as per your notion
    you generalized that all geniuses are like that
    you hate geniuses

my question to Preeto Maam is - the person has an opinion. why is there a thread on this? am i allowed to create a thread on my experiences and opinions?
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

New Born

No-one, on Earth, is more hated than a genius, in their early years. Genius is relative, as is normality... and vitriol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reconnaissance View Post
    I hate geniuses.

Scientists, mathematicians, chess champions, prodigious engineers, prodigious detectives, prodigious economists, astronomers and other technical prodigies have one disappointing trait in common. Earlier when I hadn't met one (or thought that I hadn't), I guessed being in the company of a genius would be riveting, thrilling, exciting etc. Like watching 1978 movie ‘Don’, reading the entertaining excerpts of the novel 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' (by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn), listening to great music etc. I had incorrectly thought that their presence is something worth looking forward to in life. But the reality really seems to be different. Now I know the feel of a company of a genius may be no better than workplace banality. I had presumed meeting a genius would be fun. But meeting with genius turned out to be an ordinary experience. It was not much pleasure.

Geniuses have this false reputation. I foolishly believed these folks were pleasantly dramatic. There is a misconception about aura of geniuses. I naively surmised standing near them gives wonderful sensations. I had expected that presence of genius creates surreal emotion. I was wrong.
    I can understand u. look bro we all ppl like to feed somethingto satisfy our emotional or psychological needs. Scientists, mathematicians, chess champions, prodigious engineers, prodigious detectives, prodigious economists, astronomers and other technical prodigies are human but the thing they feed is knowledge. after acquiring so much knowledge u ppl presume their life or ways of living life wud be like rockstars but sadly thts not true. wen these ppl say two lines either u understand it or bounces over ur head. u look for charm in speech but the speech they say purely technical stuff so it becomes boring. so what u r feeling is true but ur assumption "Geniuses have this false reputation. I foolishly believed these folks were pleasantly dramatic. There is a misconception about aura of geniuses. I naively surmised standing near them gives wonderful sensations. I had expected that presence of genius creates surreal emotion. I was wrong" is little overrated.
    oops i forgot to say i am also a scientist who likes socializing..

there is a proverb for this feeling - "Grapes are sour"

I hate geniuses.

I thought they had the abilities to set up and create - whenever they wish except during extremely impossible conditions - such situations which would stun and pleasantly flabbergast people who notice the event.
    Last edited by Reconnaissance; 01-04-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Mods please close this thread...
    Nothing left to discuss
    Its me. . . oh! yeah its me!

Arrow

I hate geniuses.

Kahani mein twist: There maybe no such thing as genius. There may only be phenomenal memory and unusual hardwork. This concept of genius may be another of those myths created by Western blizzard of hype.
    Last edited by Reconnaissance; 30-07-2016 at 12:14 PM.

There maybe no such thing as genius. There may only be phenomenal memory and unusual hardwork.
    If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it is probably a duck.

Kahani mein twist: There maybe no such thing as genius. There may only be phenomenal memory and unusual hardwork. This concept of genius may be another of those myths created by Western blizzard of hype.
    There is this guy who is probably a Bengali. He is affiliated to national as well as international institutions of research of formidable repute. As he has such a high profile I expected his techniques to be something radical. His ideas turned out to be only tad better than my methods. KLPD.
    Last edited by Reconnaissance; 01-08-2016 at 06:18 PM.

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

Problem here doesn't seem to be that you hate geniuses. Rather, it appears that you all too easily allow yourself to become intimidated by them. This is a weakness of yours for which i feel you are making excuses for. Geniuses may have the upper hand of a gifted IQ which can help them excel to success, but this success and their mega cerebral matter does not mean that they should always prove being an interesting character! Thats something that comes with life's zestful experiences of how well one's mingled and is able to hold themselves properly! You could potentially have a brainchild recluse who hasn't 'discovered' nor 'refined' their character obviously rubbing shoulders with alike would be as interesting as watching paint dry. You cannot blame their high IQ , can you? Just learn to ease up a bit and enjoy people as they come, there is always something beautiful and interesting in everyone, when we say things like i 'hate' then you just stop seeing it. Never use that word. to remedy, i would suggest that you download and memorise Michael Jacksons 'man in the mirror track' and live by it. (humour)
    Last edited by Lisbonstar28; 04-08-2016 at 05:37 AM.
    So may it be

New Born

Its not just education that makes a person genius. Its something inside them that's different. I believe that is out of the box thinking. like you came here to seek a solution for your problem. You came here to find someone who has superior mind than yours who may help you come out of the situation where your mind or soul is suffering from some inferiority complex.
    You called someone genius.. the person never said he is a genius. You are living in a shallow world of yours. where you are the one who is starting the fire and also the one burning in it and asking others to put down that fire.

My suggestion: Dont start the fire. Free Your mind. Never underestimate you are mind. Then You are the genius.

I hate geniuses.