Thread: How can I get a better personality?

Default How can I get a better personality?

Hello mam ! I wanted to know how to imrove myself. I hav very less friends, that's why I want to improve my way of talking what are the common disscussion in which we can talk...the dressing sense is also poor.....in whole I want to improve my personality. I can't do personality development course here because not available here and no time

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! Firstly, get some books on the subject of personality. There are several self help books in the market that will help to guide you through the process of self development- dressing, conversation etc. You can also browse the net for similar topics- you will also find youtube videos on the topics that concern you. There really is not that much need to go to a personality development school then, is there?

Join a volunteering group. go out and help people, so that you can socialize and grow up.
    Last edited by o00; 20-03-2016 at 08:23 PM.
    You never know what you can become ..

DIVIDED WE FALL !! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by o00 View Post
    Join personality development classes, join a volunteering group. go out and help people.
    he just said that he cant do personality development classes !!!
    I'm in love with your body
    I'm in love with the Shape of You

New Born

Its all state of mind.
    Dont think "log kya kahene" its unfortunately biggest fear of most indians.
    Speak what u think..no one is gonna murder you. Life is nt fb to present urself as perfect to get likes..life is *****/beautiful.
    You r lucky ..u hav interest in self improving or living life..dont losen urself ever..keep experimenting,keep learning, cheers..!

you cannot change your personality beyond a point, you are who you are. personality development is a gimmick. its like teaching a tortoise to run a 100m sprint with Usain Bolt. stop looking at yourself through other's eyes, have some self-respect. enjoy what "you" want to do, what "you" want to be.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

First, ridiculed. Second, violently opposed. Third, accepted as being self-evident.

also work on your body, lose about five pounds of body fat, develop some muscle. This takes time but trust me when I say, it's a muthaphakin' game changer.
    First, ridiculed. Second, violently opposed. Third, accepted as being self-evident.

Thanks all of u........and mr/miss yab u are right that i m thinking too much about myself......that is my biggest mistake ....but according to agony aunt I should look upon some youtube videos and content on internet related to this is also I don't think bad yr........

Thumbs up Tips on Personality Devlopment .

Firstly stop comparing urself with other's in anycase , since you said u dont have personality devlopment course available so this will confuse a lil bit as u need professional help but we can give u professional tips , just think ur best and have positive thinking .

When going to official meets or say office ,wear formal wear , dressing should be as per the ocassion , if its party time wear casual , party wear or whatever ur dress code is .
    Manner's Etiquette's are important , know what is that , google it .
    Public speaking :- how you should speak in public ? , how to speak with confidence in public , you should know your topic , should research on topic provided to you , study on it then only speak , think twice before speaking . go through how some public speaker , speaks in public
    Critics :- you should know how to handle critics , if some one is critisizing you why he/she is critisizing ? is he /she cristizing you for your good or just like that ,if its just like that avoid the crap
    Presentation :- learn how to present yourself in front of any 1 , be it infront of crowd or during interview or while giving presentation , presentation matters , dress well as per the ocassion , learn , study , research ur topic and practice how u gona present it while giving presentation , manny public speakers practice before presentation as it gives out best of you and mistakes can be avoided . everywhere presentation is important . know who ur audiance is while giving presntation its imp .

Language :- have good command over ur language and local language which are used officially and locally , you should be good in language ,words , vocabs

how you behave in public , how you present in public it matters . so even if you are with ur friends you should know how to behave , how to maintain ur image , be on ur words , Be helpful , kind , gentle whereever it is needed , do ur job properly , be good in ur job /work , have good networking . socialize , have social circle , its imp to have social circle that doesnt mean be very near to every 1 , just can be in touch or friends will also do , so how manny friends u have doesnt matter , who are near and dear ones to u who will stand by you in ur bad and good matters rest avoid it , but yes can stay in touch .

Learn to say No
    :- learn to say No wherever it is needed , its very imp, bcoz everywhere u say yes and if its not possible u will be in mess and get trapped .

Knowledge :- Gain as much knowledge as you can , this can stay u updated and it will also make u feel good and look smart in public , gain knowledge about ur field , about ur stream , read news paper , go through net , read good books , this will also help u in cracking topic with ur friends and u can communicate well .

Dont feel shy to intiate a topic when talking to a stranger or known ones .

study different personaltieis , u can google and study about different big personalities , read autobiographies which will help u .

There are N no. of things which can be told , these are some valuable tips for sure , dont get confused , this will sure help u .

Tc , Best of luck
    Last edited by ickon2004; 28-03-2016 at 01:25 PM.

A big thanks to ickon2004 for such valuable suggestions...

New Born

Look personality is nothing but confidence in self.
    1. Read as many book as you like.. You will still be you.
    2. Socialize as much as you can. It will help. but very slowly.

I ll say don't try to change yourself but learn to accept yourself as you are. More you think that you have a lesser personality than others the more you will find yourself losing confidence..

So i would suggest give yourself a smile everyday in the morning looking into the mirror and say... "I am great.. And i am looking smart today". Second thing i would suggest, join a laughing club .. It will develop your personality greatly. Or You can laugh hysterically at your home in your room everyday for 5 good minutes of your everyday life.

laugh as much as you can with your friends. and don't seek approval from others on how you behave socially (even a book) and just go with the mood.