Thread: Exhausted of feelings for anyone

New Born

Default Exhausted of feelings for anyone

I am in late 20s, an atheist having a very good government job, family background(retired parents) and educational/work experience credentials..
    My ever-jealous, distrusting, highly religious Gf of 4 years cheated(an irony) on me and left me ...
    I forgave her and tried to move on in my life..
    I have met other girls but kinda lost interest in life, relationships, family, love and all other societal crap..
    drenched/exhausted of feelings for anyone ..
    its hard to be an atheist in India..
    i feel lost here..
    thinking of leaving everything behind and emigrate..

whats your question? seems like you are extremist. there are many religious people who live happily in communities of other religion. many Muslims in Hindu communities in India and even there are a few Muslim communities where Hindus are living happily. its not the norm, but its possible. so why cant you? you dont need to force anyone to believe in atheism. i am an atheist and have been living happily in a family of Hindus..yes, there can be a little issues, but you need to be mature. believe what you want to, and let them do what they want to.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

I am assuming that you are suffering badly and are angry and hurt that your long time girlfriend and you have split. Natural! Give it some time, my dear. Heartbreak brings with it anger and despair but it all gets healed with time- if yo let it be....
    Its a natural process and believing in God or not really does not have too much to do with it, so let it follow its course and things will get better with time.

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

I don't think atheism has anything to do with being dumped... I have seen hardcore religious hindus/christians/muslims being dumped...
    you feel like disconnecting from outer world because you are going through a rough phase... You will overcome it... Give it some time... Right now you will have a dislike towards anything and everything.. You will feel like you can never love again... But you will eventually overcome it... And one day you'll look back and smile at this episode...
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

Explore the world, take a world tour, if you cant afford...else migrate to the west. Anyway it is not hard to be an atheist in India, you just have to pretend and make yourself look like a part f the society and keep your atheism related ideas to yourself.
    You never know what you can become ..

New Born

you didn't get over with the episode.... as advised above you should plan a trip to Europe or somewhere else. If you can't afford to go outside your home country ... travel inside your country... leave the discussion of religion for a while... Once you are back read about Christianity, Islam and other major religions a lot to build up arguments defending your belief ... btw religions are still part of life of most people because it gives them inner peace you are missing.... it lets us forget and forgive and it inspires us.... but choice is yours.... in any case I recommend to get info to defend your stance so that nobody dares to bother you....

Quote Originally Posted by creed06 View Post
    I am in late 20s, an atheist having a very good government job, family background(retired parents) and educational/work experience credentials..
    My ever-jealous, distrusting, highly religious Gf of 4 years cheated(an irony) on me and left me ...
    I have met other girls but kinda lost interest in life, relationships, family, love and all other societal crap..
    i feel lost here..
    shit happens but tht doesnt mean we shud keep the shit forever. thts the logic.

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by creed06 View Post
    i feel lost here..
    Same happened to me but I am 27.............. now how did I manage ? ......... NO EMOTIONAL BAGGAGE....why shuld you care for all ?? focus on your priorities, like buying a car, building a home, getting a pet dog or whatever you have..............make real material world for yourself and abstract emotional world will fade away for now...........but in later stage have emotions for one and only one...........emotions not attachments.... savvy ?