Thread: My sister is Psycho

Unregistered

Default My sister is Psycho

Dear Preeto Mam,
    I have a elder unmarried sister who seems to have become psycho. I have my marriage lined up and she has started to create weird troubles. She often comments negatively and creates a scene every now and then. She even blackmailed my mom in middle of market by stopping car in middle of road and opening all doors and didnt move untill My mom said no to the Match. Thankfully, people started honking and to avoid public issue, she rushed home.
    Its hard to imagine what grudge she has on us as we had given our best to get her married. There were many matches we tried to convince her of, however no use. Now suddenly she feels that she needs to get married and we are giving her full support. She doesnt express any concern, however she wd throw tantrums, make comments even in front of visiting girl's parents to make things worse.

We tried but couldnt get her to talk to Psychiatrist. What should we do? Are there any good Home visiting Psychiatrist based in NCR? How shd we control her to avoid any further damage.

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

She definitely needs some treatment... Or else send her to some close relative's house in the pretext of a 'change'... Get your marriage fixed at this time... And do the rest...
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

Have her sent to counseling, maintain a gap just to be safe.
    You never know what you can become ..

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hmmm, yes, it's a situation all right! However, you have not said weather she is working or not and what are her interests etc- also, if this behaviour is related to her frustration at not being married.
    There are counsellors who do home visits and there's no dearth of good counsellors ni the NCR. ask your friends for references -possibly its a behavioral issue. still, it needs to be addressed for everyone's well being. So, yes, refer to a consellor and see what's best that can be done.

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

I don't think she will calm down until u get her married. If possible talk to her n search a match for her. may b this time she says yes.
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

SB Addict

You and your family seem to have disregarded the need to embrace and establish gender equality, pledge your allegiance against the discrimination of women and discard the notion of the Boy being the torch bearer of the family name and it's glory. Your mother seems to prefer a prodigal son to a deprived daughter.

Her pent up anger manifesting as hatred towards her own brethren is not an act of despair, but a result of her being subjected to abject neglect by a patriarchal, male dominant society. What your sister needs is not a shrink, but tender loving care.

I am willing to marry her and douse her fire, drown her miseries in my love, as we coalesce in the same marketplace and close all doors to the regressive society that has been fostered by indignant, selfish, self-indulgent men and their mothers.

SB Champion Lieutenant

Not a good situation at all. She'll be the number one problem creator even if you get married. Better concentrate on getting her married first.....but somewhere I feel the without proper counselling she'll lead her married life in trouble too. So finally conclusion is that somehow get her ready for a proper Diagnose(do it even if you have to do that forcefully, for this I'll suggest you to personally visit and discuss your problem with them first. Rest they'll guide you). Delay your marriage for few months...or in other words....first try to solve your sisters problem. And on last thing since you know that she is mentally sick STOP showing your anger/disappointment/grudge etc on her...it's of no use....in fact this way you and your family are making the problem more worst.

ask her clearly what she wants. she has a lot of things, inferiority complex, etc buried within her. have her confidante (mom or friend) talk to her and get that out. make her realize what she is doing from a third person's viewpoint. also better to give your in-laws an idea of this behavior.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dear Preeto Mam,
    I have a elder unmarried sister who seems to have become psycho. I have my marriage lined up and she has started to create weird troubles. She often comments negatively and creates a scene every now and then. She even blackmailed my mom in middle of market by stopping car in middle of road and opening all doors and didnt move untill My mom said no to the Match. Thankfully, people started honking and to avoid public issue, she rushed home.
    Its hard to imagine what grudge she has on us as we had given our best to get her married. There were many matches we tried to convince her of, however no use. Now suddenly she feels that she needs to get married and we are giving her full support. She doesnt express any concern, however she wd throw tantrums, make comments even in front of visiting girl's parents to make things worse.

We tried but couldnt get her to talk to Psychiatrist. What should we do? Are there any good Home visiting Psychiatrist based in NCR? How shd we control her to avoid any further damage.
    she is not psycho but feeling her importance will be lost once u get married. she my be an attention seeker. truth is she thought of getting good proposals but wen no. dwindled she kept to herself n now she is insecure.

SB Addict

@mysticmantra,

I have offered to marry her. Will she get a better groom than me?

New Born

@Logical_Guru : Kuch bhi!

OP, people who throw tantrums need someone who is very calm-caring-loving. Be that kind of brother to her. Ask your mum to do the same. Looks like she was neglected, or may be she felt neglected. Involve her more in day to day activities. At the same time, let your wife n in-laws know about this, so they are prepared and calm.

Finding a groom for her may not work out now, first she needs to sort herself out. And you, as a family, can help.

sounds like she needs some d*ck in her life. find her your best looking friend to hook up with. if she is getting sexual release regularly she will be more calm.