Thread: What business can I start?

New Born

Smile What business can I start?

Hello mam ,
    I am 25 male from haryana . i completed my graduation in commerce . now i want to start a business but i don't have any knowledge about it . My father and elder brother are also service man . One of my school friend has started a business of glue powder which is use for making cartoon boxes . i have a friend he's my neighbour too ... his father has a stationary business . it took time but now it look that they are making pretty good money so it made me think to start a stationary business too . i am confused . please tell me what should i do ? to whom should i meet/contact so i could get a consultation regarding any startup.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Well, its very difficult to say just like that, what business anyone should start. I believe that you should examine the market to see which product or service is need and provide that rather than just do something that someone else is successfully doing. So do some market research for demand and market and then identify the product or service that you can provide that will be profitable.

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by iamsolonely View Post
    Hello mam ,
    I am 25 male from haryana . i completed my graduation in commerce . now i want to start a business but i don't have any knowledge about it . My father and elder brother are also service man . One of my school friend has started a business of glue powder which is use for making cartoon boxes . i have a friend he's my neighbour too ... his father has a stationary business . it took time but now it look that they are making pretty good money so it made me think to start a stationary business too . i am confused . please tell me what should i do ? to whom should i meet/contact so i could get a consultation regarding any startup.
    have an idea first..
    that would be the first step...
    that's where most people stop..
    can't suggest further because that's where I am stuck

u completed your graduation at 25....whoa, thats later than normal. but anyway, dont start a business right away. get some working experience first. once you experience some struggle, it will prepare you well for business. also, you need to think about capital because any business su*cks a lot of capital upfront and in initial years because there are losses until its setup. try to find a job in the industry where you want to start your business, that way you will make connections who can provide you consultation. if ppl like your idea, they may even partner or provide some capital.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

Depends on where you want to live, how much is the capital you can invest, what are you interested in, how skillful you are, what kind of connections you have and how lucky you are.
    You never know what you can become ..

Quote Originally Posted by iamsolonely View Post
    Hello mam ,
    wells its difficult to judge.for starting into any venture u need vision and paasion apart frm finance. u hv to first i dentify ur niche. how much u can invest and how well u can invest......

New Born

Search both businesses... analyze how much capital is needed ... what type of risk is involved ... visit the same kind of businesses to ask as a student what are the major problems they face... Think can you bear that problem?.... Keep in mind that businesses take time to start and there would be immense pressure on you as to what are you doing... why are you not bringing profit? Can you bear that pressure for 1 or 2 years... Best businesses start with loss and then grow if owner does not quit... Are you able to take losses... its not as easy as it seems but its rewarding at the end... Bear in mind the time period of 10 years to be fully established... Bear in mind your friends would be earning much more in their jobs in 5 years but after 10 yrs you would be earning more...

if it doesnt work out you can always sell ganja