Thread: Best friend keeping her distance from me!

New Born

Default Best friend keeping her distance from me!

I am 20 . In my class there is a girl to whom I love. I am her best friend(I think so) but not bf. When I tell her about my feelings she told me that can't happen. We spends all day together but I want to be her bf. After the day she know about my feelings she keeps distance from me what should I do now. I love her a lot and I can do anything to get her. Sorry for bad english .

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! listen, you really can't force anyone to have certain 'kinds' of feelings for you. She's probably comfortable having you as a friend and does not want to change that situation. You must respect that and deal with it unless you want to come across as a needy person, which really will not work.
    So, try and accept the situation- give her some time and remove romance from the interactions that you have with her and hopefully, you may be able to be friends again. Don't push too hard though.

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

This happens everywhere in India.... You can't do anything about it... Welcome to friendzone.
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

Just move on, she is not interested means she is not interested.
    You never know what you can become ..

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Aviral89 View Post
    I am 20 . In my class there is a girl to whom I love. I am her best friend(I think so) but not bf. When I tell her about my feelings she told me that can't happen. We spends all day together but I want to be her bf. After the day she know about my feelings she keeps distance from me what should I do now. I love her a lot and I can do anything to get her. Sorry for bad english .
    if the girl says no, then there is nothing more you can do other than trying more..
    clearly she is not interested in a relationship with you...
    accept the sign and either work on it or move on..

Just accept her decision. Give her some time and remove the romance from your interactions. Try to talk to her to be friends again and clarify that you accept her decision. That's the best for both of you.

Ohh man there's nothing u can do. Stop wasting ur time and move on and don't worry u'll get over her sooner then u think

keep making yourself indispensable for her. so when she thinks of bf or husband, you should be the one she should think of. unless she thinks of you when she thinks of ramukaka....
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

Quote Originally Posted by ariesgirl View Post
    This happens everywhere in India.... You can't do anything about it... Welcome to friendzone.
    he may be ramukakazoned.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

New Born

Start focusing on other activities. Sports, movies, studies, other friends. Showcase that you're emotionally mature and independent. Try to stay away from her. Maintain the least interactions possible. Trust me, shell get back to you.

Alternatively, you can wish her morning everyday. You can continuously try to catch moment to get her attention or a chance to talk with her. You can try to help her without her even asking for it. Trust me, you'll only increase the distance by all this.

Rationale for my suggestion: Experience. And, understanding that people are like strings or threads when it comes to feelings and relation. You push them, it won't move ahead. Create a pulling effect. Everywhere. Girls included.

Just one last thing, there may actually be a good reason that she said no. In that case, whatever you do or don't do, it's not going to be yes. So, simply be graceful by following paragraph one.

A few years back, I was floating in this very same situation. For four damn years. All throughout college. She used to spend all her time with me but if I approached her with a proposal, it was always a big no. But I kept on trying believing that my love was true and shall find its way. Did it find its way? Well, I am still jerking off, so I guess that its an answer enough! She used to say that she didn't believe in love and relationship and all during our time in college. And the moment she left college, she went over and got knocked up. Not by one but many guys. She had like innumerable relationships. And when each relationship failed she used to find my shoulder to cry upon. I felt sorry for her and offered her my dandruff free shoulder, while she always wailed how guys are using her and what not. Then I realized that she too, in some way or the other, is using me. I don't know whether I was friendzoned or ramukakazoned but I was definitely ch**tiyazoned. So one day I finally told her to buzz off and moved on. My last words to her were "You reap what you sow". Life is much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by NavelFanatic View Post
    A few years back, I was floating in this very same situation. For four damn years. All throughout college. She used to spend all her time with me but if I approached her with a proposal, it was always a big no. But I kept on trying believing that my love was true and shall find its way. Did it find its way? Well, I am still jerking off, so I guess that its an answer enough! She used to say that she didn't believe in love and relationship and all during our time in college. And the moment she left college, she went over and got knocked up. Not by one but many guys. She had like innumerable relationships. And when each relationship failed she used to find my shoulder to cry upon. I felt sorry for her and offered her my dandruff free shoulder, while she always wailed how guys are using her and what not. Then I realized that she too, in some way or the other, is using me. I don't know whether I was friendzoned or ramukakazoned but I was definitely ch**tiyazoned. So one day I finally told her to buzz off and moved on. My last words to her were "You reap what you sow". Life is much better now.
    way to go dude!! freaking great..the last line was just great! what did she say after that though?

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aviral89 View Post

What possibly could you expect by dropping a bomb on her like that, you aren't even sure about being best friends. That's just way too heavy to deal with, should've tried a subtle approach
    So may it be

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Lauren View Post
    way to go dude!! freaking great..the last line was just great! what did she say after that though?
    Well, as far as I can remember brother, there was a pin drop silence from her side. And to tell you the truth, I immediately disconnected the call before she could say something hurtful and own me. Not because of any chauvinist tendancy but I really didn't want myself to suffer anymore. But she provided me with the best lesson of my life. That is, all my life we think we are going, we are going ahead, we are going somewhere, we are going nowhere, we think we are always going along all our life. But the truth is we are stationary. We are still. We are rigid. We are what we are and everything and everyone is passing us by. Such self centred are we. But that's our nature. So, she too passed me by. And a lot many more people will.