Thread: I'm too young to marry!

Unregistered

Default I'm too young to marry!

Hello everyone, I am 24 year old male. I belong to A upper middle class family. Finished my graduation and preparing for government job. I was not thinking about getting married until my parents just told me that they are searching for a girl for me. It came as a surprise and shock to me like I'm just 24 and my parents wants me to get married. They saw a girl she is postgraduate and preparing for lectureship.they told me that she is very tall and beautiful. I told them that I am not ready yet but they are forcing me by saying that she is very tall and beautiful. I told them that I am not ready yet but they are forcing me by saying that I'm not going to find such a beautiful girl again. But I am really very confused about it because I want to get job first then I would think about all these things. But my parents are adamant. They're saying that I can continue my studies but get married first. They are saying that I don't have to worry about money and all that stuff. My father's health is not good from past two years so they want me to get married. I am the eldest son in home. I have a younger brother. My sister had a Love marriage. So I'm thinking maybe my parents think that after getting job I would do love marriage too. So what should I do? Should I get married or wait until I get job?can I do my studies after getting married? Or should I not even think about it?

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Well, you do seem rather young to get married- and the main thing is that you are not independent or earning anything yet. Its always better to be able to support yourself and your family before you tie the knot. Apart from that you also don't seem inclined towards marriage at all.
    However, in India, many people succumb to what their parents have decided. So, we really can't make this decision for you.

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

Don't even think about getting married now... I mean c'mon... You are only 24.. And most importantly jobless... It's not a crime to be jobless at this age,but getting married without having a job and that too at this tender age totally seems insane.. People are gonna laugh at you, frown at you, pass comments, criticise you if you get married without having a job no matter how rich you are... If u were into the family business or something,then that would have been ok... But definitely not this state... They can't forcefully make you tie a mangal sutra around a girl's neck and make you marry her... So don't worry... And this girl is not the last tall and beautiful girl on earth.. I was wondering how your parents could even tel you that you can continue studies even after marriage.. I haven't ever heard parents telling this to a guy? Do they think that you are a girl? wonder how your parents could even bring up this matter to u at this stage... Probably the girl's family is willing to give a huge dowry! Anyway you can find enough girls even after 3-4 years... So for now, take out all the marriage plans dilemma from your head,..
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello everyone, I am 24 year old male. I belong to A upper middle class family. Finished my graduation and preparing for government job. I was not thinking about getting married until my parents just told me that they are searching for a girl for me. It came as a surprise and shock to me like I'm just 24 and my parents wants me to get married. They saw a girl she is postgraduate and preparing for lectureship.they told me that she is very tall and beautiful. I told them that I am not ready yet but they are forcing me by saying that she is very tall and beautiful. I told them that I am not ready yet but they are forcing me by saying that I'm not going to find such a beautiful girl again. But I am really very confused about it because I want to get job first then I would think about all these things. But my parents are adamant. They're saying that I can continue my studies but get married first. They are saying that I don't have to worry about money and all that stuff. My father's health is not good from past two years so they want me to get married. I am the eldest son in home. I have a younger brother. My sister had a Love marriage. So I'm thinking maybe my parents think that after getting job I would do love marriage too. So what should I do? Should I get married or wait until I get job?can I do my studies after getting married? Or should I not even think about it?
    in an independent world, you should not get married...
    but then again, it's not the world we live in...

Move out of the house, start a post graduate course and live in a hostel. Be jiddi about it.
    You never know what you can become ..

i think yu guys are focusing on the wrong thing here - timing of the marriage. if money is really not the issue, then why do you want to delay? focus should be if they are forcing you to marry to the wrong girl. i say go meet the girl, take your own sweet time and then decide instead of being adamant. if you dont like her, then be adamant. if you are anyways thinking of marriage in next 2-3 yrs, then now is not just a big problem for you.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

Quote Originally Posted by ariesgirl View Post
    Don't even think about getting married now... I mean c'mon... You are only 24.. And most importantly jobless... It's not a crime to be jobless at this age,but getting married without having a job and that too at this tender age totally seems insane.. People are gonna laugh at you, frown at you, pass comments, criticise you if you get married without having a job no matter how rich you are... I.
    Why? what would be their comments, I am curious to know.

and secondly, he should not get married because of people's reactions?
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

New Born

No you are not too young to marry but it's the perfect age to marry as you are full of energy at this age... but your situation is not good enough to get married... I would have recommended you to get married if you were doing some job ... There are two ways to deal with the situation you are in ... leave your preparation for government exams (if you are not 95% sure that you will pass) and find some job and then say yes to your parents... or enroll in post grad program and ask them for time but find some part time job with it...
    It is this mentality of parents of region which is making things worse... they just want to get rid of their responsibility of getting their children married before they die... Sometimes marriage acts as motivating factor and one does things with much more dedication just to make ends meet and to provide for wife but sometimes it is a de motivator because of over demanding wife and one falls behind to do nothing but to try to please wife... so it is a risky decision overall.
    You should keep the worst case scenario in mind. You should keep in mind that your wife may expect you to fulfill all her material needs and believe me you won't be respected if you won't be able to do that with your earned money. The beauty and height you will get married to wont surrender herself to you in bed and you will have to beg for her ***** every night... you may be pressurized to have children and then you will have no time to settle and you will get more taunts on not being able to fulfill your parental duties... you will get frustrated and would fight for respect but you won't get it... Believe me... this pressure will make you forget all ideas to make money ... you will die as laggard...
    Think if your dad is no more ... and family money is divided between siblings .. will you be able to take care of beauty and height you are going for? It takes no time to come to lower middle from upper middle class if don't have constant source of money
    Say NO now but get yourself ready asap.... you are already late

ignore your parents & live your own life. get a job and try to hook up with girls from work. hang out at bars and find hot girls there. use tinder. marriage only ties you down

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So what should I do? can I do my studies after getting married? Or should I not even think about it?
    Touch wood all should be ok. It's not like shes going to tear up your study books after getting hitched. But can't stress enough that you really should get married because you want to and not for pressures such as dads health isn't what it ought to be. I mean, what do your folks want, a trophy DIL or a frigging servant? If the latter then its fair to get a well paid job instead and keep a housemaid.
    So may it be

u r lucky u r not born in sadistic religion islam.
    otherwise this would hv been ur 6th or 7th marriage. ur 90 yr old grandfather will be ur competitor for tall fair girl. he will win too coz he had more wealth & more population out of him than u. allah will hv corrupted ur mind & u will marry her n make her a breeding machine & think of urself as one truest contributor to increase prophet's fantasy religion & attain jannat.
    ur sis might marry her bro too.
    I like it.

24 is nice age. be fearless to marry. think of all islamis who get married at 10-12. and then enjoy sex propagation in the name of islam.
    I likeit.

SB Legend Brigadier General

Go for it..........