Thread: Should I quit trying to become an actor?

New Born

Unhappy Should I quit trying to become an actor?

Hello mam ,
    Im 25 male from Delhi . Did my graduation form delhi university . and now it has been almost 2 years since im in Mumbai pursuing my career in Acting . since now i did small work in few serials . but now im getting stressed . Making in acting is a lot tough than it sounds . people say that you can only survive in this industry if you have contacts . Im from a middle class family my father and elder brother are service man in delhi . i dont have any family business i have to earn my bread so now i think that i should quit acting focus on doing MBA and get a job . Luckily my family is supportive but for how long I’ll keep struggling in Mumbai ? I see a lot of people spend 2-3 years here and then leave disappointed . What Should I do because I don’t want to keep going like this till my 30’s .

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! Yes, i can understand your dilemma my dear. I really cannot advise you about weather you should quit, because you may be born to be an actor. But at the same time, its wise to have a qualification in your hand that will enable you to earn a livelihood, so an MBA or whatever you want to study is a good idea. You can, at the same time, keep perusing your interest in acting....no saying where life will lead you. On the other hand, if you can study acting in a good institute (maybe abroad) that could be an option too. Of course, this is possible if it does not put financial pressure on your family.

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Making big in acting is only impossible if either you are from a famous family or if you have friends in the right places or if you have immense talent like Nawazuddin Siddiqui (and even he had to struggle for lot of years)......so yes you should quit acting....
    I Hope They Remember You...

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

Yes quit acting and study something to have a better career.
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

Thumbs up Best of luck !!

Quote Originally Posted by iamsolonely View Post
    Hello mam ,
    Im 25 male from Delhi . Did my graduation form delhi university . and now it has been almost 2 years since im in Mumbai pursuing my career in Acting . since now i did small work in few serials . but now im getting stressed . Making in acting is a lot tough than it sounds . people say that you can only survive in this industry if you have contacts . Im from a middle class family my father and elder brother are service man in delhi . i dont have any family business i have to earn my bread so now i think that i should quit acting focus on doing MBA and get a job . Luckily my family is supportive but for how long I’ll keep struggling in Mumbai ? I see a lot of people spend 2-3 years here and then leave disappointed . What Should I do because I don’t want to keep going like this till my 30’s .

as you said you are 25 still time has not gone , chill out , you have N no. of options , like you can opt for master's course or direction course , check out if its worth doing it or not , yes its true in this film industry you need to have a God father , and depends on luck and hardwork, patience , Networking. what you can do is since you are graduate you can search some work of your choice at same time you can do parttime MBA, can work for callcenter also you will earn good money here and as they recruit 24/7 365 days and ur expenses will also be taken care , you can upgrade your education , you can do fulltime MBA too from good reputed institute , you can give Gov. exams and look out for good jobs since you are 25 i dont think it will be a problem , same time simultaneously you can also hunt for good roles also , i mean you can work for film industry side by side , instead of focusing fulltime on film industry for roles this options will be great for you , do think over it , dont waste more time. Best of luck.
    Last edited by ickon2004; 30-12-2015 at 06:31 PM.

MBA if done from a C grade school doesn't guarantee a job or even if you get a job, the chances are that you will get paid less than what you get in serials. So keep that in mind before you call it quit. Why dont you try a job in Mumbai right now and also pursue your acting dreams in parallel? Maybe you will have to work 16 hrs a day but now is the age.

dont be an actor, be a player. mumbai has some of the hottest girls in india and they are very impressed if you tell them you are "actor" lol
    you just need to look proper. wear designer clothes maybe sports jacket, nice watch, sunglasses all the time. thats what can be used to pick up the girls.

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mumbaiplayer View Post
    dont be an actor, be a player. mumbai has some of the hottest girls in india and they are very impressed if you tell them you are "actor" lol
    you just need to look proper. wear designer clothes maybe sports jacket, nice watch, sunglasses all the time. thats what can be used to pick up the girls.
    why do u always sound like a pi.mp or somethin'....
    I Hope They Remember You...

keep trying...one day you will get atleast hero's father or grandfather roles.. if your dad has any property, sell that and spend it on struggling in film industry....if by chance you get married (there is no scope, but you never know if there is any sarfira baap who wants to sacrifice his daughter), then sell wife's mangalsutra also....all the best...
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

New Born

If you are an actor and looking for full-time acting opportunities, create your profile at ActingKeeda.com and get noticed by industry giants to turn your passion into a profession.