Thread: Uncle wants my father to get remarried.

New Born

Default Uncle wants my father to get remarried.

My mother passed away at the age of 46 two months ago. My father has been very disturbed about this as they were more than husband or wife like best friends. So now he is very sad these days. My paternal uncle never cared about my parents and now suddenly he is trying to convince my father to remarry.

1. How can you say a person to remarry after age 50 and has a son about 20 years? Moreover i feel like my uncle is insane as my mother passed barely 2 months ago.

What should i do as my uncle is trying to secretely convince my father? He is taking benefit of my fathers love for me and says that it will be good for me .
    Please help how can I stop this bullshit.

My father loves his brother too but my uncle doesnt care. He only pretends to care.

How can i convince my father that my uncle wants our evil

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! really sorry to hear about your mother's passing away.
    Well, I do agree that its too early after your mother's passing for marriage- hard for you- and your father- emotionally. But eventually, setting the uncle aside, why would you oppose your father seeking a new partner? He's young yet- only 50- and may want someone in his life. You guys will probably move on and he could be left alone.
    I agree that now is not the time to talk about this and your uncle is being very insensitive. Its best to let you all grieve for your mother for now.

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Das96 View Post
    My mother passed away at the age of 46 two months ago. My father has been very disturbed about this as they were more than husband or wife like best friends. So now he is very sad these days. My paternal uncle never cared about my parents and now suddenly he is trying to convince my father to remarry.

1. How can you say a person to remarry after age 50 and has a son about 20 years? Moreover i feel like my uncle is insane as my mother passed barely 2 months ago.

What should i do as my uncle is trying to secretely convince my father? He is taking benefit of my fathers love for me and says that it will be good for me .

My father loves his brother too but my uncle doesnt care. He only pretends to care.

you can convey your emotions to your father...
    but you can't dictate your terms...
    he is old enough to live his life...
    i understand it would be very awkward..
    but the bottom line is you can only make your points...its upto your dad to decide

your father is a 2 year old kid? OR your father is insane? No, if he is a sane adult, then let him make his own decisions.

your uncle maybe calling you evil that you are trying to keep away your dad from enjoying. so tell your opinions to your dad and shut up. you cannot force your opinions on others.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

You are only 20 while he is 50. Don't try to act like his father or convince him for something. Yes, it's too early and difficult to cope up with such proposals so early. You can convey your idea to your father. Let him take his decisions. Finding a partner at any age is not bad.

SB Champion Lieutenant

you in fact doing the EVIL. Try not to see things from your or your late mother's point of view, try to see things from the concern persons point of view, I mean your father. You all will get married with time(may be already married) he'll be left alone and life gets quite dull in later stages of life. I think you are in fact not mentally prepared to accept some one else as your father's wife. You are more concern about the ETHICS and morals...plzz wake up...does making your father suffer comes in ethics and morals? or caring about the sentiments of a dead person are more RIGHT than a living person....I mean...why you even thinking negatively about all this. At fifty surely someone is not getting married for urge of physical relationship...SO..what's your problem? Look at this whole incident this way that By supporting this step of your UNCLE you in fact perhaps indirectly helping TWO PEOPLE who are quite worried about their coming life's as they are in the declining phase of life. Just try to look at things positively.

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

1. How can you say a person to remarry after age 50 and has a son about 20 years?

Soon you will lead your own life but what will become of him ? He is only half way through his life, will you and your future wife really be able to fully support his emotional needs? I think not because there are some things that are shared only in a companionship and not with children. Here, be the bigger man, put your Fathers happiness over your anxiety do what he wants you owe him that much. I'm not sure about the uncle agenda, keep an eye on him but stay close with your Father, talk openly about your feelings with him if possible before going to your uncle
    So may it be

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

Really agree with most of this

Quote Originally Posted by umang123 View Post
    you in fact doing the EVIL. Try not to see things from your or your late mother's point of view, try to see things from the concern persons point of view, I mean your father. You all will get married with time(may be already married) he'll be left alone and life gets quite dull in later stages of life. I think you are in fact not mentally prepared to accept some one else as your father's wife. You are more concern about the ETHICS and morals...plzz wake up...does making your father suffer comes in ethics and morals? or caring about the sentiments of a dead person are more RIGHT than a living person....I mean...why you even thinking negatively about all this. At fifty surely someone is not getting married for urge of physical relationship...SO..what's your problem? Look at this whole incident this way that By supporting this step of your UNCLE you in fact perhaps indirectly helping TWO PEOPLE who are quite worried about their coming life's as they are in the declining phase of life. Just try to look at things positively.
    So may it be

He is your dad, you are not his dad. If you don't like what he does or is gonna do, just move out and move away.
    You never know what you can become ..

i see no harm coz after sometime u wud start ur own life n he wud be alone. there shud be somebody with him.