Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Years of Preeto Ma'am

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Default 10 Years of Preeto Ma'am

Hello everyone!

Well, its 10 years of Preeto Ma'am this month! Time has flown connecting with you users and doing the best I could to help you out with your queries, issues and problems.

Actually, there is an Agony Aunt sitting with spectacles on her nose, offering a virtual hanky and warm cup of tea within each of us. We all play this role many times in our lives, sometimes even many times in a day! Some of us are natural born Agony Aunts or Agony Uncles, and people find their way to us to listen to them and resolve their issues.

In these ten years, I discovered, the AA role was more than just giving armchair advice. It demanded that I listen to and develop a one- on- one relationship with unknown people – albeit temporary and brief.

I've tried hard to stick to what is right and recommend that rather than getting swayed by emotion. And I have tried, always, to remove 'myself' from the situation of the people who write in and just listen and respond to what the person is asking.

Thank you...all of you....for trusting me with your issues. I've always cherished that faith. Also grateful thanks to all those who have been offering valuable advice to the 'askees'. There is no way this column would have lasted so long without all of you!

Cheers and God Bless!

Here's to another decade of Agony Aunt!

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

You are the best!
    AA section brought me to the forum and helped me gain a few good friends too...
    Thank you for everything!
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

congratulations on what most of here will agree is a job well done.... !!!!
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

New Born

Default Congratulations !!

Quote Originally Posted by rv102938 View Post
    congratulations on what most of here will agree is a job well done.... !!!!
    I have been late entry may be 9-8 years with this column but the kind of maturity and rightful approach in no matter what situation or impact is best of all.

keep doing this good work, you are "a candle in dark as a healer"

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

Congrats ma'am! you have always provided carefully thought out, wise insightful counselling to many lost souls. Here's looking at you !!
    So may it be

Thanks Preeto Maam......you truly have been a pillar of the strength with your solutions to all us users at a time when we needed it badly.........It is wish and a prayer that may your magic go on for decades and decades.........Thanks for being a part of our lives....and for giving us perspectives from the way you address every problem posted here on SB.....

Live ur lyf lyk U r the director of a movie.Can’t control 100% ,roll wid the punches as if U were calling the shots.

Big Ups
    First, ridiculed. Second, violently opposed. Third, accepted as being self-evident.

SB Addict

As thankless as it is, keep it going Preeto. God Bless

SB Legend Lieutenant General hotspicyhot's Avatar

DHARMO RAKSHATI RAKSHITAH

teekhi jammu chilli Major General arumita's Avatar

Thx Mam many times u helped me
    My love, the spark that ignited the day we met
    remains an eternal flame.

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

Respected preet maam'z .... there's a high probability that you will not answer this, but me being the wishful thinker will persist to ask nevertheless ... my question to you is, we have all learned bucket loads from you, but have you ever learned anything from us - your crippled followers and devotees ?
    So may it be

New Born

congratulations preeto mam

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Crippled! That you certainly are not! But thanks for the 'followers and devotees' comment- that's very sweet though a bit over-the-top!
    To answer your question- I learn from you every day (Or every time I log on!). It is you all who give me strength. Your appreciation, kind support is one thing, but very often, you all can see and address an aspect of the problem that I may have missed. So, I depend on you!
    Thank you again! 10 years of the Preeto column owes as much to the forum users as it does to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Preeto Maam View Post
    Hello everyone!

Well, its 10 years of Preeto Ma'am this month! Time has flown connecting with you users and doing the best I could to help you out with your queries, issues and problems.

Actually, there is an Agony Aunt sitting with spectacles on her nose, offering a virtual hanky and warm cup of tea within each of us. We all play this role many times in our lives, sometimes even many times in a day! Some of us are natural born Agony Aunts or Agony Uncles, and people find their way to us to listen to them and resolve their issues.

In these ten years, I discovered, the AA role was more than just giving armchair advice. It demanded that I listen to and develop a one- on- one relationship with unknown people – albeit temporary and brief.

I've tried hard to stick to what is right and recommend that rather than getting swayed by emotion. And I have tried, always, to remove 'myself' from the situation of the people who write in and just listen and respond to what the person is asking.

Thank you...all of you....for trusting me with your issues. I've always cherished that faith. Also grateful thanks to all those who have been offering valuable advice to the 'askees'. There is no way this column would have lasted so long without all of you!

Cheers and God Bless!

Here's to another decade of Agony Aunt!
    Yeah ma'am keep up the good work.......

Banned

Hey aunty,

Bole toh rapchik aaaooo for ur dasvi saal ka taka tak.. Bole to congrats.

Apan tumko bohot baar pm.bhejela hu. Pun tumi ek baar b reply nahi kiyela he. Bolo kyu?

Iss baar jawaab mangta hi heh.