Thread: Getting involved with a 'bad boy' type

New Born

Default Getting involved with a 'bad boy' type

Okay so, I met a guy on a dating app, he looked cute to me, we started talking and I developed an instant liking for him, turns out, this guy is an acquaintance of a close friend of mine, and she clearly warned me of his "bad boy ways", it wasn't difficult to believe her. That guy and I have gotten really "close" at a party, the next day he told me that he likes me, quite a lot, but does not want to date (anyone), this wasn't much of a shocker, knowing him to be a player, I tried to let go of him but I catch myself thinking about him all the time. No, I don't want to date him either. AND Although I know that we'll never be "together" (evr), we are just "friends" but things have gone a lil too further than just that. I feel guilty about it, yes. But when he asks me if I want him to go, I say "stay"

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

You're asking to be hurt if you get involved with him any further. He says that he does not want a long term relationship, and you obviously do.
    To think that you can reform him and bring him around, maybe a hope doomed to failure. Think about it! Are a few moments of excitement and happiness worth long periods of pain and doubt?

You told us half of the story, the bad part of it is still with you.
    You never know what you can become ..

you feel attracted to him because you badly want to be in a relationship and he is all you have. moment you find someone compatible for you, you will be over him. about feeling guilty, you can keep crying for life or you can move on, choice is yours. i dont quite like the concept of just friends. keeping him in you social media contact is one thing, thats ok. thats not being friends. but if you are regularly meeting him, messaging him, calling him, i would avoid that. reason - this has potential to affect your future relationships, and there is nothing good i see coming out of this.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

Let go of what happened... Whatever it is... Just decide that you won't get involved with him again.. And stick with your decision...
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

New Born

I think you are a Player too. Knowing that he is a bad boy type... you wanted to stay friends with him.. You want casual sex with no obligations.. That is why you allowed things to go further than just friendship... you were willing this to happen.... Problem is that now you feel bad about it and want others to make you feel good about yourself.. maybe by saying it was all guys fault. He is the bad boy. Get rid him. My suggestion: Dont fool yourself.