Thread: Struggling with zero motivation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unregistered

Default Struggling with zero motivation

Hi

I am a single male and in a very bad mental shape these days. I have lost all motivation in life be it work, life, family etc. I quit my job a while back and i just don't feel like working. I have zero motivation left for anything in life. My relationship with my father is also not good. Bhaiya is supprotive but bhabhi is always playing game against me and he always takes her side and i am always wrong. So apart from my mother I don't have anyone's support. She too lives far away. I had so many dreams of taking care of my mother and taking her to places around the world. Every dream of mine now seems to be shattered.

I try to explain about my mental status to my family so that I can get some medical attention but they take it very lightly.

I really donno what to do. I cannot keep living like a useless parasite.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Look, firstly stop considering yourself to be a loser with no motivation. You have to find the motivation inside yourself to carry on with life. If you are not doing any work, well, that's demoralising enough, so maybe its time that you looked at that part of your life and found something to do. There really is nothing like work to get you out of lethargy and infuse enthusiasm and motivation- not to mention a routine- in life.

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

It's not medical help that you need, certainly no conventional medications . Seriously speaking, from just reading your query alone i picked up that your body energy centres need balancing. Too much negativity, you are bogged down by it, your receptors, assimilators need to become in sync with your expressions and outlook. Contact a spiritual healer !
    So may it be

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

You have to fix your relationship with your father. That is the root cause, a father can be of high motivation. But first you need to let go your ego and fix whatever differences you two have. That will solve EVERYTHING!
    I Hope They Remember You...

just leave your house. your family will realize their mistake. if you do not have the courage to do that, then learn to live in the conditions that you are in. noone is going to help you out, you have to help yourself.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

You dont need father, bhaiya, bhabhi, mother for doing anything in your life, do whatever you want on your own. Nothing else matters, Why did you even mention them? Just get out of the house and make a living.
    You never know what you can become ..

SB Legend Brigadier General

Go for something special

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi

I am a single male and in a very bad mental shape these days. I have lost all motivation in life be it work, life, family etc. I quit my job a while back and i just don't feel like working. I have zero motivation left for anything in life. My relationship with my father is also not good. Bhaiya is supprotive but bhabhi is always playing game against me and he always takes her side and i am always wrong. So apart from my mother I don't have anyone's support. She too lives far away. I had so many dreams of taking care of my mother and taking her to places around the world. Every dream of mine now seems to be shattered.

I try to explain about my mental status to my family so that I can get some medical attention but they take it very lightly.

I really donno what to do. I cannot keep living like a useless parasite.
    i am not sure why would you leave a job...
    you have dreams that you wanted to take care of your mother...how would you do if you are not independent...
    if the dream of taking care of your mother doesn't motivate you, then I am not sure what will...
    get the job back again...

New Born

where will i find motivation for you when i do not know where it left you. You did not describe the reason for depression. I can only suggest anti depressants here. You did not describe why you quit your job.

1> Quitting means you were not/ fired. Why would you leave your job.
    2> Bhabhi is always playing games againt me ? ? ? It suggests here she always demoralizes you with your lack of achievements and being an utter failure and dependent on the family.
    3> above point suggests job you were doing was not good enough. which suggests your problems with your father being dependent on him.
    4> simple unemployed India problem. Ask MODI Ji. create Well paying jobs for youth india.

Suggestion: Read motivational stories of business tycoons. How they reached their goals. Look Internet for motivational quotes. And dont just sit on your *** and do something as your bhabhi would say.

New Born

listen you can never imagine the pain a women suffers in order to give birth to his child. But i am telling you its 100 times lesser than the pain she had to suffer to see his son die or dead. Live for your mother. Smile for your mother. Never show you are in pain because she will feel your pain and will suffer more than you. Get a temp job paying 7 to 10 k. give it all to your father or mother. Never show them your tears that you are not married / less paid / lost your love. accept your failure but still live for your mother. that is the best you can do for her. Live/ survive. make her happy. by being happy or atleast fake happiness for her.

New Born

Hey you are doing it all wrong.... Its really normal... mid life crisis... everyone passes through a tough time once in their life in one way or other... The best thing is, there is a light at the end of every dark tunnel but to see this light you will have to take the next step forward..... if you can't run and you feel tired ... its okay ... just walk but don't stop or move backward..
    By letting everyone know how you feel is moving backward... they will built stereotypes about you in their mind and never let you move forward.... Just be happy and successful infront of everyone and they will reflect the success and happiness towards you. fake it till you make it.
    I know you have been given many advises to be positive but no one has told you HOW?
    I know you need to communicate and this gives you some peace so from today instead of communicating with someone... communicate with yourself... make a secret diary .. write at the end of day how life is going... NEVER LET ANYONE REACH THAT DIARY... write what were your struggles of that day... write what do you think about everyone and write what do you think is wrong with them... BE DEAD HONEST... and then at the write what could have been the ideal situation for you in these circumstances .....
    You will notice that as you move forward with this habbit... you won't need anybody to vent .... some days you will just be venting ... some days you will be making decisions upon your analysis of your life and situations.... it will gradually lessen your depression over the years....
    Write why you actually quit the job... how the job you want should be...i.e. what is your ideal office day.... then select a company based on analysis and your ideal and apply...
    If you feel an urge to vent with someone just find online sites like blahtherapy.com and vent there. There is professional help available too if you want.