Thread: Unwanted relatives on FB

Unregistered

Default Unwanted relatives on FB

On FB, my friends and I share some pics of mine that I would not want to share with my family and relatives. I added my relatives but did not htink at that time. I can not ask all my friends not to post my pics as there are so many friends. And can not ask my relatives not to see them as it will be rude. Mother is okay with it, but has asked me not to post bold pics as relatives make bad comments. I dont want to live under such restrictions.

Other people facing the problem? What to do?

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Well, either you make another id where you feel more comfortable or you watch what you post on the present id or remove your relatives from your FB page. you really don't have any other option.

These days FB has become a place for unwanted people, and you are not an exception. Block your relatives and tell them you don't exist on FB. You can distort your name etc or make a new profile with distorted name so that no one can search you. BTW this is the biggest problem of 21st century, you are great.

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

The first thing i did upon joining facebook was searching for my relatives and blocking them... Prevention is better than cure, you know... And whenever any relative joined facebook and I found them in friends suggestion,I immediately blocked them.. Again, prevention is better than cure...
    Now that you already have them on your friend list,do this... Deactivate your account... Activate it while everyone is sleeping (ideal time 2 am to 4 am)... Block all those unwanted people... I suggested this particular time so that they won't see your account when you login to unfriend and block them..
    If they ever ask you about your account,say that you are not on facebook anymore...
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

have 2 profiles, 1 for relatives where you are sanskaari Sita, and another for friends where you are gorgeous Geeta. if anyone asks, tell them that other one is your twin sister.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

DIVIDED WE FALL !! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    On FB, my friends and I share some pics of mine that I would not want to share with my family and relatives. I added my relatives but did not htink at that time. I can not ask all my friends not to post my pics as there are so many friends. And can not ask my relatives not to see them as it will be rude. Mother is okay with it, but has asked me not to post bold pics as relatives make bad comments. I dont want to live under such restrictions.

Other people facing the problem? What to do?
    Thank me later.

I'm in love with your body
    I'm in love with the Shape of You

Quote Originally Posted by adirocksit View Post
    Thank me later.

Agree with Adi.....Customise your posts and albums where only your friends group will be able to see and comment on it..........So you dont have to create another account rather you can block relatives on FB who cannot see your updates..........
    Live ur lyf lyk U r the director of a movie.Can’t control 100% ,roll wid the punches as if U were calling the shots.

Banned

Trust me, registering two accounts is much safer

SB MahaGuru Colonel

change it .................