Thread: Rough patch in career and relationships

Unregistered

Default Rough patch in career and relationships

Hi Friends,

I really appreciate the useful advice given on this thread and listening to folks in distress.
    I am a 27 year old boy hailing from Mumbai, well qualified and working in a reputed MNC. Last few days have been a rough patch for me whereby I am trying to be positive and handle things in a matured manner but things running out of hands:

1. Past 3-4 months have been a rough patch at work. Its been a year since joining this firm, I have been working hard but something or the other gets amiss while performing and seniors provide negative feedback which is thrashing my confidence. I don't want a situation where job gets at stake.
    What is annoying me is folks younger than me or similar post are doing considerably well and getting recognized for it and getting nominated for awards.
    I feel in the back of the pack with loss of confidence, with hopes of progressing ahead fading away now.

2. At this stage most of my friend's are getting married or having serious relationships. No progress for me in this aspect. Looking at them parents want me to get hitched but am in a dilemma since I desire a partner but want to smoothen out my life to offer a better future to someone.

3. In the past approaching girls has been a complete failure for me. We start talking well but before I take the next step the girl is in the arms of someone else.

4. I am not very comfortable with the idea of arrange marriage and the above things are affecting my confidence.

I discussed the above things with a couple of close friends and they have the opinion that am unnecessarily getting worried and need to take things easily since these are not major issues.

Please guide me on what else can I do to get things back on track. I just need some Motivation and hopefully something to go my way to lift me back or will it just be a down slide here on?

Thank you Friends... 😊

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! Your friends may be right. Its really too early in life to start getting so worried about serious relationships (or lack of them). Give it some time, things will happen.
    At your job, there may be some things that you are not doing- some performance parameters that you are not meeting, but those will have to be identified by you. Maybe you should ask your team leader or manager to tell you the shortcomings in your performance, and try and work on them. Usually in companies they have a feedback session from time to time. Also, when it come to annual appraisal there are feedback sessions from the seniors- consider those seriously as well.

This is un- necessary worrying for nothing. You are just beginning to learn.

You are unnecessarily getting worried. Just take things easily. These are not major issues.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

New Born

1) ur frnds getting recognition and u r not..so what ??? big deal?? no..not really...u can't compare urself with dem..u r insulting urself..
    2) finding a girl won't wipe away ur problems and tension...u need motivation..then see it in urself..other person can not put u in sky if u r not willing to
    3) u r just 27..chill..relax..take a back seat and enjoy the ride as of now..no need to.worry.. everything what we plan doesn't go right..so chill..and take whatever comes..

Even I m of the similar age.......dude concentrate just on yourself.....not on anyone....and just on yourself....Have a positive mindset and believe in yourself....then everything else will sort itself out automatically.....
    Live ur lyf lyk U r the director of a movie.Can’t control 100% ,roll wid the punches as if U were calling the shots.

Thumbs up Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Friends,

I really appreciate the useful advice given on this thread and listening to folks in distress.
    I am a 27 year old boy hailing from Mumbai, well qualified and working in a reputed MNC. Last few days have been a rough patch for me whereby I am trying to be positive and handle things in a matured manner but things running out of hands:

1. Past 3-4 months have been a rough patch at work. Its been a year since joining this firm, I have been working hard but something or the other gets amiss while performing and seniors provide negative feedback which is thrashing my confidence. I don't want a situation where job gets at stake.
    What is annoying me is folks younger than me or similar post are doing considerably well and getting recognized for it and getting nominated for awards.
    I feel in the back of the pack with loss of confidence, with hopes of progressing ahead fading away now.

2. At this stage most of my friend's are getting married or having serious relationships. No progress for me in this aspect. Looking at them parents want me to get hitched but am in a dilemma since I desire a partner but want to smoothen out my life to offer a better future to someone.

3. In the past approaching girls has been a complete failure for me. We start talking well but before I take the next step the girl is in the arms of someone else.

4. I am not very comfortable with the idea of arrange marriage and the above things are affecting my confidence.

I discussed the above things with a couple of close friends and they have the opinion that am unnecessarily getting worried and need to take things easily since these are not major issues.

Please guide me on what else can I do to get things back on track. I just need some Motivation and hopefully something to go my way to lift me back or will it just be a down slide here on?

Thank you Friends... 😊

Dude u need a push , right push to get going it seems , anyways , coming to your problem see it happens while you work , i mean you cant take care of everything , if you think you are lacking somewhere in your skills or knowledge learn it , develop it , since we dont know your past experience cant say much , but i would say relax, calm down , keep ur mind calm and focus when you work , and first of all stop comparing yourself to others , never do that, by doing that u r loosing peace of mind , concentrate on your work then comparing , and its just a year as you said you have joined this organization so chillax dude , if you feel this is not right place for me to work where in you are not appreciated for your work then you can start hunting for other job for sure bcoz where you dont get peace of mind at the end of the day , whats the use to work their , but then hold on for some few days check may be situation can be better if u do better , do things which you like , coming down to you other issue if you think you can continue working here and then go ahead and you can think of marriage , now this is upto you , again stop comparing yourself to others , and in life you always dont get what you want as per your wish so keep that in mind , so even if its arrange marriage it can be good for you , you never know , arrange marriage success rate is also good , be a lil bit positive , dont be like a kid if he has it i also want it , dont do that.

For You :-
    Be Positive
    Stop Comparing yourself with other
    believe in yourself
    Take Right Decision
    Dont think too much

Anyways tc , Best of luck , byee