Thread: Life is stagnant and unproductive

Unregistered

Exclamation Life is stagnant and unproductive

Hello,

I'm a 26 year old married man. I'm currently doing nothing much in terms of earning a livelihood since the last 6 months i.e. dependent on my father. I was working earlier in a brokerage house for a long duration with an amazing job profile but was ousted for performance issue. That organization was a small one compared to other pan India ones but i was really happy with my job. After that job i applied and worked at a couple of other corporate brokerage houses with different profiles but was not happy with the work culture and left in 4 and 2 months respectively. After that last job i really couldn't apply to any jobs anymore because i cannot fit into the corporate culture and i'd be lying to myself if i do so. So i decided that i'll never work in a corporate after this. I have a small idea myself for a business of my own that requires a lot of effort which i'm willing to put in. Financially i'm nothing much because of my expenses and mediocre salary from the jobs (my fault for not being savvy but i think it was owing to my young age and financial independence). So now i'm totally dependent on my dad who flip flops on me. He isn't totally confident on me being able to handle a business and hence is in search of a godfather who can take me under his wings (ours is a family business which isn't in a great shape itself but financially its pretty decent). Whenever i try to move forward with my idea in somewhat manner, dad thinks its going to be a financial drain and wouldn't work out. To be honest i tried a venture earlier that didn't work out. But i guess, that is how life is. Things don't always work out but you got to keep trying. Because of this conflict of opinions between me and my dad, i have lost all motivation by myself. Can someone just give me something as to how to ignore all such negative thoughts from anybody (no matter how close) so that i can march ahead with full focus?? I don't want anyone to take down my motivation and zeal. I know that the business scenarios don't look so rosy these days, but you got to keep moving ahead, don't you?? Failures are stepping stones to success.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hello! well, you seem to be pretty positive and motivated, and that's the good thing. For a business, however, a strong business plan is in order. You have to plan, think it trough on along term basis, work out the expenses and even the unforeseen expenditures, the market, the target area, the sales strategy and so on.
    Once you have that in place, and it seems workable, only then will someone invest in the idea. That's business, as you know!
    Get that business idea down on paper- or on the comp- and then try and sell it. Believe in yourself and have a strong plan to back the belief!

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,

I'm a 26 year old married man. I'm currently doing nothing much in terms of earning a livelihood since the last 6 months i.e. dependent on my father. I was working earlier in a brokerage house for a long duration with an amazing job profile but was ousted for performance issue. That organization was a small one compared to other pan India ones but i was really happy with my job. After that job i applied and worked at a couple of other corporate brokerage houses with different profiles but was not happy with the work culture and left in 4 and 2 months respectively. After that last job i really couldn't apply to any jobs anymore because i cannot fit into the corporate culture and i'd be lying to myself if i do so. So i decided that i'll never work in a corporate after this. I have a small idea myself for a business of my own that requires a lot of effort which i'm willing to put in. Financially i'm nothing much because of my expenses and mediocre salary from the jobs (my fault for not being savvy but i think it was owing to my young age and financial independence). So now i'm totally dependent on my dad who flip flops on me. He isn't totally confident on me being able to handle a business and hence is in search of a godfather who can take me under his wings (ours is a family business which isn't in a great shape itself but financially its pretty decent). Whenever i try to move forward with my idea in somewhat manner, dad thinks its going to be a financial drain and wouldn't work out. To be honest i tried a venture earlier that didn't work out. But i guess, that is how life is. Things don't always work out but you got to keep trying. Because of this conflict of opinions between me and my dad, i have lost all motivation by myself. Can someone just give me something as to how to ignore all such negative thoughts from anybody (no matter how close) so that i can march ahead with full focus?? I don't want anyone to take down my motivation and zeal. I know that the business scenarios don't look so rosy these days, but you got to keep moving ahead, don't you?? Failures are stepping stones to success.
    to be honest with you..getting fired from one job and leaving next two jobs just because you "don't feel like it" is a sign of weakness and lack of persistence...
    no matter how strong your motivations are, with this resume its hard to earn trust....
    To move ahead in life, you need money....now you inherit it or earn it, it's up to you...
    if you have faith in your plans, then probably you could go to banks, but there also you will need some security which you don't have...
    getting job at early age is no excuse for not making money..
    most people start working at around 21-22...i am not sure how young you started
    my recommendation would be get a job first...

you have been fired from 1 job
    you left 2 other jobs after that
    you failed in a business venture
    you have no money saved for business
    you are dependent on you father
    you want to enter in another business venture
    your attitude (in your own words) is - "Things don't always work out but you got to keep trying"

all this is recipe for disaster. i completely agree with your father, any man with even a little bit of brains will not give you money with this kind of attitude. first you have to show some success or even potential. with your history, you have only shown very high chances of failure. potential success means - build a prototype, do some market research, show where the money will come from, how will you manage costs,....i dont think you know anything about that...

you say you dont want anyone to take down your motivation. showing you reality is taking down your motivation? you are living in a shallow world of your own and you are asking how to move forward? first do a reality check and accept the fact that you have been a complete and utter failure. nothing but a loser. only then you can correct the mistakes. failing to accept a failure is the biggest lie you are telling yourself. if you have some self-respect, then get a job and stick to it instead of shamelessly asking your father for money.
    Last edited by rv102938; 19-08-2016 at 12:23 AM.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

Get a job first and prove your stability... Then only someone from your family can trust your ideas and plans . We can understand you are having lots of setbacks and above all you are married ! Do some market research side by side with your job.. you can start your business anytime. It's never too late to become what u might have been .
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

You are doing a great job by not losing motivation. Think positive and find something on your own, without depending on your dad. Gather some money by doing some small term job assignments like giving private tuitions etc (just an example)

Hello,

Your case is a decisive case of working in comfort zone. ur first job was so gratifying tht u never really thought of other jobs. with little options, my suggestion wud be start applying for jobs, i know u hate corporates but save some money and use the experience as stepping stone and money for venture capital for ur own business.

Thumbs up

Hello,

From what u have told us , i would suggest , first work sucessfully , set up an example before ppl that u can really work and work upto the mark , u need to prove urself , if u want to start business u need to have a fool proof plan ready with ur business presentation ready , u should know which business u want to get into , indepth u should have knowledge , should know where u will face loss and how u gona recover it , what will be investment and what will be the profit , how u gona execute ur business plan , u can start ur business but u should be passionate about it , u will have to either get loan from bank or get investor who will invest in ur business , i would suggest first work in that specific field get knowledge know how it works and then later u can start ur own business , tc, best of luck

New Born

Take and SHOW interest in your family business. We can easily understand Family business because our roots are there from the childhood. That will make you stable.

Give some time there. You may find useful people or chances to create your opportunities. Your family will notice your abilities.

With this manage some time for your own business preparation. I am very sure you are going to set an example.

All the very best!
    Last edited by Thug007; 20-08-2016 at 09:48 PM.

New Born

ok ok ok.
    you have no finances and you want to do business.
    you have no job and if you get one you lose it immediately.

Mysuggestion:
    How about restarting the same business in which you failed previously. It will require less finances as money has already been invested. and also you have got some experience.
    How about doing a shop as a "shop boy" in business venture you are willing to invest. It will cost you nothing. Give you job. and also experience about cons and pros of the business.

SB Legend Brigadier General

be patient ................