Thread: Not too happy with my career path

New Born

Default Not too happy with my career path

Hello Mam...
    I am 29, a single male. I have completed my graduation in 2010 and in progress of completing my masters. I have done different jobs and tried a lot of getting better and permanent job. But not any job rests more than a year. because of salary and other issues. I am trying my level best to get a better job and have a better life as I want so that I can start my life as I and Family wants. Mam I am really stressed that why I am not getting any better job after having good education. I really need an advice that should I try for any job further or start my own work. And also I don't have business experience. Please help...

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hello! Listen, sometimes it takes some time for us to get the push that we want to get a better job and salary. Not everyone is lucky enough to find what they desire- and deserve- at once.
    Experience will certainly count, so don't feel demoralised.
    As far as business is concerned, we really can't advise you on that. It depends on your business plan, finances, market and so forth....

What did you graduate in? Your query is incomplete and will only get generic answers like "keep trying".. etc.
    You never know what you can become ..

keep trying .. etc.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

Sometimes it take time for things to happen... All we can say is try to be stable at some job related to your field and someday experience from that job may fetch u a better job. till then keep trying..etc.

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Saqi13 View Post
    Hello Mam...
    I am 29, a single male. I have completed my graduation in 2010 and in progress of completing my masters. I have done different jobs and tried a lot of getting better and permanent job. But not any job rests more than a year. because of salary and other issues. I am trying my level best to get a better job and have a better life as I want so that I can start my life as I and Family wants. Mam I am really stressed that why I am not getting any better job after having good education. I really need an advice that should I try for any job further or start my own work. And also I don't have business experience. Please help...
    if you are still doing masters, i would suggest you to focus on it...
    if the college and education is good, then you should get a head start once you start your new job
    good luck

New Born

sorry to hear you are stuck. Really no one can help you except you yourself. I think you have made some bad decisions in career and also you did not get to go in any good colleges. The idea behind master degree was cause you were unable to get any good job. because college was not good /stream was not good/ percentages were not good/ education was not regular. You do temp jobs. I m not sure of salary but its 10 to 15k. I am not sure but you seem like sales man/ doing marketing job and stuck in the field. Cause you believe you deserve large salary checks like other or at least 25 k because its minimum to run a family and you think you should get this amount now because you are doing masters. Listen, at your age.. and your condition (stuck) i would suggest dont keep expectations very high. settle for what you get. we are really losing the case here.. with you age growing.. no market experience.. no good education and temp job. continue to do whatever you are doing. Try starting side business like becoming an Insurance agent... running small shop apart from your temp job... to help contribute money which is the main issue here. Good Luck.

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by 9am View Post
    sorry to hear you are stuck. Really no one can help you except you yourself. I think you have made some bad decisions in career and also you did not get to go in any good colleges. The idea behind master degree was cause you were unable to get any good job. because college was not good /stream was not good/ percentages were not good/ education was not regular. You do temp jobs. I m not sure of salary but its 10 to 15k. I am not sure but you seem like sales man/ doing marketing job and stuck in the field. Cause you believe you deserve large salary checks like other or at least 25 k because its minimum to run a family and you think you should get this amount now because you are doing masters. Listen, at your age.. and your condition (stuck) i would suggest dont keep expectations very high. settle for what you get. we are really losing the case here.. with you age growing.. no market experience.. no good education and temp job. continue to do whatever you are doing. Try starting side business like becoming an Insurance agent... running small shop apart from your temp job... to help contribute money which is the main issue here. Good Luck.

Do you have any talent related to education, music, dance. Can you teach something. If yes, you can start an academy. Can you open a club/ library/cyber cafe/Gym? Do you have capital to run a small scale business which may start from 1 to 2 lakh. Do you have ability to take risks? can you manage costs of electricity/ water/ rent etc. Try doing business of your interests that you are capable of doing. Because if you have interest than you have knowledge regarding that business. Can you run a play school? will you be able to manage costs?

You should look for partners if you need economical help.. physical help. Partnership will also give you mental piece and support in the ups and downs of the business.