Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39

Thread: gossip of the week~ which is best &worst social media platform according to you ?

  1. #16
    Rainbow chaser Major General
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Looking for one
    Posts
    37,824
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DesiCasanova View Post
    And humans tend to put emotions in everything!
    Those are blessed who can not

  2. #17
    Moderator Colonel gracefulguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12,571
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basanti<<< View Post
    Hi all
    Santabanta was first platform for me to interact with others and later on fb ..watsapp

    Earlier used yahoo as chat rooms..

    By far santabanta form I liked the most..beause it expanded my knowlege of world in many areas..also of human behaviour and emotions.

    What about you ..I am eager to know..

    Discuss some pro and cons too..

    Yahoo msngr, then Sbf and FB and whatsapp........thr was gmail and gtalk also....

    Sbf was more abt interacting with unknown people yet with similar taste of thoughts, political views, bollywood views, regional views, bulging melons and thunder thighs views...etc etc
    This keeps the excitement high of knowing the person on the other side....

    We hv seen many heated discussions.....abuses.......but the fact that it was perfectly moderated....makes it a nice place to be

    Most on the list on WA are known people......most on the list on FB are relatives....skype has close frnds and relatives and ppl from professional front...so u hv control over the platform as u knw whom u r talking to what u r talking....hence the excitement part is missing....more to do with convenience

    I feel twitter is similar....u make a political statement.....u get trolled....then u go back blocking unwanted ppl....
    but its fun interacting with Sushma swaraj, Meera Sanyal, and other political leaders for good work.........while directly condemning Kejriwal, Ashutosh, and burkha dutt....and all NDTV anti national squad....
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

  3. #18
    Moderator Colonel gracefulguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12,571
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Good to see Basu back.....:-))
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

  4. #19
    ~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,041
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    My journey began years ago through AOL messenger and chatrooms, then came across this place. Seen a lot all in all, the bad and the good people, to know how different minds worked became an attraction, especially here at sbf lol. AA was also another attraction, soon became magnatised. But throughout all these years i have managed to maintain a distance, never bestowed trust in anyone. That is up until 2 years ago, i now belong to a particular low profile community, friends who i actually meet with. We skype in the summer months quite a bit because we don't meet until summer is over. Skype is my fave for that reason. As for FB, other than keeping in touch with family, i can't stand it. Cannot understand how some users have 500+ friends. How can they be called real friends when the vast majority do not even know you personally? They should be called acquaintencies lol. Whatsapp, umm... i'm touch and go with that. Its proven too much of a distraction in the past and i try and avoid it as much as possible. So generally speaking, social media, been there and bought the tee-shirt ! lol
    So may it be

  5. #20
    ___ Sa'aB™ ___ Field Marshal DesiCasanova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    367,570
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    IRC or internet relay chat was my first social media platform....there was this mIRC chat on windows long back in 90s
    ...then rediff chat ...still in touch with those friends...then forums ....
    ╰დ╮LovEPOWER ╭დ╯

  6. #21
    ~PrincE~ Major LuVon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Bahrain
    Posts
    4,297
    Rep Power
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basanti<<< View Post
    Do u use it carefully..?
    Tell me bad experience if any
    Yea !! Can say I have used them carefully as I have never faced any trouble regarding this till now
    Just You ... Only You

  7. #22
    Moderator Colonel gracefulguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12,571
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisbonstar28 View Post
    My journey began years ago through AOL messenger and chatrooms, then came across this place. Seen a lot all in all, the bad and the good people, to know how different minds worked became an attraction, especially here at sbf lol. AA was also another attraction, soon became magnatised. But throughout all these years i have managed to maintain a distance, never bestowed trust in anyone. That is up until 2 years ago, i now belong to a particular low profile community, friends who i actually meet with. We skype in the summer months quite a bit because we don't meet until summer is over. Skype is my fave for that reason. As for FB, other than keeping in touch with family, i can't stand it. Cannot understand how some users have 500+ friends. How can they be called real friends when the vast majority do not even know you personally? They should be called acquaintencies lol. Whatsapp, umm... i'm touch and go with that. Its proven too much of a distraction in the past and i try and avoid it as much as possible. So generally speaking, social media, been there and bought the tee-shirt ! lol
    Zzzzzz................
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

  8. #23
    Moderator Colonel gracefulguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12,571
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post
    Everything is good if limited to intraction and increasing knowledge. Everything is bad if you put human emotion in it.
    Ka chal raha hai demaag mein ricky bhai....???
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

  9. #24
    Rainbow chaser Major General
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Looking for one
    Posts
    37,824
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gracefulguy View Post
    Ka chal raha hai demaag mein ricky bhai....???
    Kya chalega sir

  10. #25
    Moderator Colonel gracefulguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12,571
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post
    Kya chalega sir
    Kuch to chal raha hai zabardast.....shayari mein dum hai.....:-))
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

  11. #26
    Rainbow chaser Major General
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Looking for one
    Posts
    37,824
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gracefulguy View Post
    Kuch to chal raha hai zabardast.....shayari mein dum hai.....:-))
    To jis shayri me dum hai usko quote kariye, tab samajh me aaye ki kya chala raha hai

  12. #27
    Moderator Colonel gracefulguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12,571
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post
    To jis shayri me dum hai usko quote kariye, tab samajh me aaye ki kya chala raha hai
    Shayari ko kuredenge to shayari ka essence khatam ho jaega....kuch cheezo ko hilana nahi chiaye jab tak ekaant na ho.....:-))
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

  13. #28
    DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    29,969
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Facebook and Twitter for me are best....I can tweet jokes easily, FB gives me regular feed....

    Whatssap is more of a necessity, because to the very least, every family has a whatssap group, and you just have to be part of it....and many other groups....and I Mute ALL OF THEM!!...For a year!!

    THE WORST OF THE WORST : Hike !!!
    I mean I'm telling you...it is so annoying...it gives you lots of stuff but it forgets that its a goddamn Chat App!!...Ok I like news...but I dont want notifications about coupons, blah blah blah.....agree it has lot of stickers and stuff but its just annoying....and everytime someone joins Hike...its like "Heyyyy your friend joined hike...go talk to him"....arey kyun.......

    SECOND WORST OF THE WORST : Facebook Messenger !!
    Again necessity...but unlike Whatssap...it is annoying and not user friendly......pretty sure nobody uses it...but FB had to just separate the main app and the messenger...they were fine within one app.....Every time some FB friend installs messenger...its like "Heyyyyyy your friend joined FB messenger....go talk to him".....matlab hadd hai yaar...Sala App hai ki Parents...jao isse baat karo jao usse baat karo...
    Last edited by adirocksit; 06-09-2016 at 11:06 PM.
    I Hope They Remember You...



  14. #29
    SB MahaGuru Lieutenant-Colonel Sush02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,764
    Rep Power
    81

    Default

    None of the Social sites works for me. Created an FB a/c 6 yrs back but I was too lazy or honest to like each and every post by my friends/acquaintance... so, I just stopped going there..

    Have been thinking of creating a Linkedin profile for a long time.. guess it will have to wait too..

    WA works the worst for me.. Especially its call and group feature... I am very poor at responding to msgs..

    When I joined SBF, I didnt expect to survive here for so long.. but made some amazing friends - Riky, Neha, DC, RV, Rohan.. Even though I have said good-bye to SBF so many times in my mind, I cant resist coming here once in a while.. Probably bcoz we dont share our nos., email ids and so I have my own space..

    That's it.. I need my own space..
    The Elevator to Success is Out of Order. You'll have to use the stairs
    ... One Step at a Time

  15. #30
    DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    29,969
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sush02 View Post
    None of the Social sites works for me. Created an FB a/c 6 yrs back but I was too lazy or honest to like each and every post by my friends/acquaintance... so, I just stopped going there..

    Have been thinking of creating a Linkedin profile for a long time.. guess it will have to wait too..

    WA works the worst for me.. Especially its call and group feature... I am very poor at responding to msgs..

    When I joined SBF, I didnt expect to survive here for so long.. but made some amazing friends - Riky, Neha, DC, RV, Rohan.. Even though I have said good-bye to SBF so many times in my mind, I cant resist coming here once in a while.. Probably bcoz we dont share our nos., email ids and so I have my own space..

    That's it.. I need my own space..

    There's your own space....

    I Hope They Remember You...



Similar Threads

  1. Social Dating: A Short Guide to Social Media Mishaps
    By bushra0712 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 08:18 PM
  2. Some of This and Some of That : Social Media
    By ~ b e l l a ~ in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-04-2012, 02:43 AM
  3. SuperHero's Social Media
    By imperium in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16-08-2011, 10:21 AM
  4. Social Media Jokes
    By sens in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 23-04-2011, 11:39 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 02:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •