Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family problems restricting me to buy car!

Unregistered

Default Family problems restricting me to buy car!

I want to buy a car and I can afford and want it for last few years, but i know it will be use for my family as well as for my parents also. but my wife not comfortable for it..so each time i tried to convince her but finally convert arguing and leads to drop the idea of buying car...parents said you enjoy your life u are young...but i want them to use some luxury in end days of their life..as they spent their whole life on moped.Yes..at some point my mother crucially hate and criticize my wife for this type of attitude...In frustration and to avoid routine family disputes ,,5 years ago I sold my first car (after using for only one year) due the same reason..Now my children are growing as well as my salary too....can't decide how to do..Pls suggest

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

I really don't see why all of you- your wife, kids, parents and you- suffer because of some silly ego hassles about the use of the car.
    Certainly you should buy a car- the routines of use will soon get set. Its not like if you buy a car, only your folks will expect to use it, is it?
    If you can afford it, you should certainly try and make everyone feel as comfortable as possible.

Just go buy it today and bring it home. Dont ask anyone. Wife will do some drama for a few days and will be normal in a few more days. This is the normal for some people and she is not different.

tell your wife whatever you said above. use the emotional angle of - when will they get to use the car, they will die soon, etc. make her emotional. say that ultimate choice is hers. if she says no, become emotional yourself for your parents.. drive the point home. if you force, then she will keep bringing this topic all the time. so its important for you to thoroughly convince her before you get the car.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

I don't understand why your wife is disagreeing..
    just buy it and bring it home... It's never a dead money.. Not a showcase piece either... It's your money and you don't have to ask anyone again... Usually I hear husbands complaining about their wives telling them to buy a car every time... Here one is complaining not to get one.. Weird.. Totally weird..
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

New Born

Do not buy the car. There were problems five years ago on buying the car. Now everybody is living happily and you want to buy the car yet again. What suggests you, this time you will not have to get rid of the car to avoid disputes. Save money for the family you have built. Your children are growing, save money for their education/ marriage etc. Your wife seems to be a more practical person here and is more concerned about the children and the growth of the family. your parents don't want luxury they want love and affection from their children and grand children. Make sure they get what they really want. You want car for yourself on the name of your parents. Invest the money in buying bonds/ Fixed Deposit etc.

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I want to buy a car and I can afford and want it for last few years, but i know it will be use for my family as well as for my parents also. but my wife not comfortable for it..so each time i tried to convince her but finally convert arguing and leads to drop the idea of buying car...parents said you enjoy your life u are young...but i want them to use some luxury in end days of their life..as they spent their whole life on moped.Yes..at some point my mother crucially hate and criticize my wife for this type of attitude...In frustration and to avoid routine family disputes ,,5 years ago I sold my first car (after using for only one year) due the same reason..Now my children are growing as well as my salary too....can't decide how to do..Pls suggest
    if you can spend...then buy two cars..

Quote Originally Posted by prabhendu View Post
    if you can spend...then buy two cars..
    really?

abbe, yaha ek car se itta jhagda ho gaya...do car ka advice deke kya divorce karake chhodega?

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Buy a car....tell your wife you won it....in a lucky draw or something..

When women dont listen to you..always lie to them...very basic...
    I Hope They Remember You...

Rainbow chaser Major General

Quote Originally Posted by rv102938 View Post
    really?

abbe, yaha ek car se itta jhagda ho gaya...do car ka advice deke kya divorce karake chhodega?
    One for in laws...

Simple solution

Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post
    One for in laws...

Simple solution
    noble thought. but from the query, it seems to me that wife is not opposed to the idea of car being used by in-laws as such. i think she is more opposed to the idea of buying a car because it is un-necessary luxury, more like money could be diverted for better use.

but query asker has to throw more light on that topic, as its not very clear.

Rainbow chaser Major General

Quote Originally Posted by rv102938 View Post
    noble thought. but from the query, it seems to me that wife is not opposed to the idea of car being used by in-laws as such. i think she is more opposed to the idea of buying a car because it is un-necessary luxury, more like money could be diverted for better use.

but query asker has to throw more light on that topic, as its not very clear.
    For me it's look like his wife is not comfertable with the idea of using it by his parents.

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

Well.. If ur wife is not earning I don't think she should speak much in this matter.. it's your money and u have full right to spend it in ways that are "helpful" for ur family. Explain this to ur wife tht u are not spending it on alcohol or gambling.
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

It would have helped if you had told us why you sold the old car and why she won't let you have another. Bottom line is, even if you want to use it for social domestic use, if you can afford it then just get one. Whats her beef?? In this day and age a man is incomplete without one in my opinion!
    So may it be

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Simple dude u have to make ur wife understand , make her realize how important your parents are to you and she too has to accept the same and you both should respect each others parents , learn to control ur wife , tell her how imp her parents are to her so is your parents to you, so tell her to respect and love them ,actually u should have made it clear to her for day 1 , tell her learn to understand and adjust in life , she lacks sharing attitude may be due to upbringing , sorry dont mind but that is what it seems to be , she should have sharing attitude as you ppl live in joint family as i feel from your post , i would say go a head go buy a car of your choice & let ur wife and parents also know about this decision as they should know and they should feel that you are inforing them and taking this decision and respecting them as well , tell your wife to love and respect your mom and dad and they will also use the car if needed , make her realize their importance in your life , while taking delivery of car take whole family with you and you can plan for outing /family picnic aswell , tell her to respect your decision as well , tc , bye
    Last edited by ickon2004; 19-09-2016 at 12:27 AM.