Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I am an Atheist

💥💥💥💥💥💥 Lieutenant General hotspicyhot's Avatar

“When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.”
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Rainbow chaser Major General

Quote Originally Posted by hotspicyhot View Post
    “When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.”
    And that is why our's is not a religion.

💥💥💥💥💥💥 Lieutenant General hotspicyhot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post
    Hinduism is the world's third largest religion. It is an Indian religion and dharma, or way of life.
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

___ Sa'aB™ ___ Field Marshal DesiCasanova's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotspicyhot View Post
    Hinduism is the world's third largest religion. It is an Indian religion and dharma, or way of life.
    Yes. . . . . . . . .
    ╰დ╮LasTHINDU╭დ╯

SB Legend Brigadier General

Very very long story

Fcuk the religion become a Machine

Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post
    Yes, 84% ppl in India are atheists...
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

New Born

I have never been able to understand how unfounded, baseless pride or empty vanity can hinder a person from believing in God. I may refuse to acknowledge the greatness of a really great person only when I have got fame without doing any serious efforts or when I lack the superior mental powers necessary to become great. It is easy to understand but how is it possible that a believer can turn into a non-believer because of his vanity? Only two things are possible: either a man deems himself to be in possession of Godly qualities, or he goes a step further and declares himself to be a god. In both these states of mind he cannot be an atheist in the true sense of the word. In the first case, it is not an outright rejection of God’s existence; in the other, he is affirming the existence of some kind of supernatural power responsible for the working of universe. It does not harm our argument whether he claims to be a god or considers God to be a reality in existence above his own being. The real point, however, is that in both cases he is a theist, a believer. He is not an atheist. I want to bring home this point to you. I am not one of these two creeds. I totally reject the existence of an Omnipresent, all powerful, all knowing God. Why so? I will discuss it later in the essay. Here I wish to emphasise that I am not an atheist for the reason that I am arrogant or proud or vain; nor am I a demi-god, nor a prophet; no, nor am I God myself. At least one thing is true that I have not evolved this thought because of vanity or pride. In order to answer this question I relate the truth. My friends say that after Delhi bombing and Lahore Conspiracy Case, I rocketed to fame and that this fact has turned my head. Let us discuss why this allegation is incorrect. I did not give up my belief in God after these incidents. I was an atheist even when I was an unknown figure. At least a college student cannot cherish any sort of exaggerated notion of himself that may lead him to atheism. It is true that I was a favourite with some college teachers, but others did not like me. I was never a hardworking or studious boy. I never got an opportunity to be proud. I was very careful in my behaviour and somewhat pessimistic about my future career. I was not completely atheistic in my beliefs. I was brought up under the care and protection of my father. He was a staunch Arya Samaji. An Arya Samaji can be anything but never an atheist. After my elementary education, I was sent to D. A. V College, Lahore. I lived in the boarding house for one year. Besides prayers early in the morning and at dusk time, I sat for hours and chanted religious Mantras. At that time, I was a staunch believer. Then I lived with my father. He was a tolerant man in his religious views. It is due to his teachings that I devoted my life for the cause of liberating my country. But he was not an atheist. His God was an all-pervading Entity. He advised me to offer my prayers every day. In this way I was brought up. In the Non-cooperation days, I got admission to the National College. During my stay in this college, I began thinking over all the religious polemics such that I grew sceptical about the existence of God. In spite of this fact I can say that my belief in God was firm and strong. I grew a beard and ‘Kais’ (long head of hair as a Sikh religious custom). In spite of this I could not convince myself of the efficacy of Sikh religion or any religion at all, for that matter. But I had an unswerving, unwavering belief in God.

Oooofffff
    Another long one

Oooofffff
    Another long one