Thread: I want glamour, style and appreciation

Question I want glamour, style and appreciation

I am a matured guy in early 30s. I did my MBA and now into my father’s business. I am struggling into my personal life as I am a divorcee and have seen a lot in my life.

My query is about my professional life. We have a small family business and we are doing okay kind of business wherein I am earning little bit higher than my friends who are doing job. My all MBA friends are now working with MNCs and I am kind of jealous with them as I am stucked up into my local level business. I have to deal with remote area’s customers and labours of around 4 people who are uneducated.

I always wanted glamour and pomp into my life. I also wanted to do job, loves travelling to different areas in India and outside. I want good educated people around me. I love the methodology and culture of MNC and that culture of corporates.

Its now since 10 years I am doing my local level business, so I can’t even switch to job because then I need to start from the basic. Wherein my MBA friends are already earning in Lakhs and other perks and benefits from corporates.

What should I do to shape my career in a way wherein I enjoy doing work. My current work is boring and I now started hating the illiterate staff and customers of my business. Can’t even leave this thing and this business has no future to expand in such a manner wherein I can grow and get the culture of MNCs myself.

What should I do? I am earning well little above my friends earn but I do not feel good when they get promotions and all. They are growing and I try very hard to be in the flow with them. I am in a fix wherein I can’t leave this business and can’t continue this business with happiness.

Moreover, yesterday I saw Ki & Ka movie on TV. The way kareena was working in MNC, I feel very bad about not getting that life. I want glamour, I want style, I want appreciation, I want to know many biggies, I want to be in a group of corporates, I want to be happy. Whenever I see biggies on TV, be it Corporate people (Tata, Birla) or the people from Bollywood (Ranvir Singh, Kapil Sharma, Deepika) or the sportsperson (Virat Kohli) or Pilots, Doctors, Engineers, I started complaining about my life.

I think I have lots of talent in me. I am jack of all trade. My friends say that I should be in Bollywood. I am humorous and witty. Girls like my sense of humour. In my MBA whatsapp group people admit their love towards my knowledge and humorous nature. They sometimes also compare me with Kapil Sharma.

I think my talent is getting wasted and I am getting old. All the things are just inside me without any platform for me. I needed that platform but the crucial phase of my life has gone.

Still I am stucked into my local level business and wasting my life. What should I do to make myself satisfied and to justify my talent wherein world knows about me and I want to be happy.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hmm, well, you know, corporate jobs are not at all what they are made out to be! usually there's a role that is assigned to you and you're pretty much stuck in that role, doing the same thing over and over again- except of course, some high performers who get to travel and make policy. So, the grass is not really greener on the other side.
    In case you are bored, then yes, there are ways that you can use your talent- maybe on a local level- maybe uploading your stuff on You tube.
    The thing is that the WWW has made opportunity available to all of us- you have to find the ways to use it. Being jealous of other people or achievers is no good. If you want to change your life, its you who has to do it, right?

lets talk about the 2 topics separately -

career - well friend, i understand your desire. but looking at it from outside you are best suited for what you are doing. if you want to go for corporate, then you might to settle for way lower salary than your friends which i dont think you'll like. so forget about it. the comparison that you are doing - your current life vs friend's current life is not a comparison at all because there is no way you can get friend's current life right away. second thing here is, grass is always greener on the other side. even your friends have to struggle and work under someone, go through office politics and there are lots of not so rosy things that you might not even know. bottom line is, try to enjoy your money and make sure you have good leisure time.

personality - you may have a charming personality, but that doesnt mean you can make a career out of it. there are thousands and thousands of talented people that come to bollywood and perish. the problem is - its not only talent but also contacts and lots of other things that all need to fall in place at the same time including some portion of luck. so forget about making a career, you'll end up ruining what you have. if you are passionate, then just pursue it as a hobby. try to entertain friends, communities. go to old age homes and entertain them. make videos. once you start doing this, you will come to know how the intricate difficulties because standing in front of a crowd is not whatsapp group. and you will also start to enjoy these things.

i dont think you are wasting your talent or your life. i think you are lucky that you didnt get tangled up in the entertainment industry and waste your life.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Only thing that is hot in the market right now are e-commerce apps....Come up with a brilliant idea....e-shops, e-cart, e-taxi and what not.....get some IT guys...get it done...set it up...and if you get success...then you get laid...
    I Hope They Remember You...

Quote Originally Posted by adirocksit View Post
    Only thing that is hot in the market right now are e-commerce apps....Come up with a brilliant idea....e-shops, e-cart, e-taxi and what not.....get some IT guys...get it done...set it up...and if you get success...then you get laid...
    did you mean get "paid"? if customer likes the app, then he will give him money, right?

its not like customer will give him coupon for red light area or something. or customer will setup this dude's date with his daughter and say - jao beti chumo chaato maje karo...
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rv102938 View Post
    did you mean get "paid"? if customer likes the app, then he will give him money, right?

its not like customer will give him coupon for red light area or something. or customer will setup this dude's date with his daughter and say - jao beti chumo chaato maje karo...
    Laid.... I mean Laid.....You make an app, you are the CEO...the App becomes big....next thing you know you're Snapdealing with millions and billions and all glamorous women want you....so yes...Laid...
    I Hope They Remember You...

When you stop comparing yourself with others, only then you will be happy. If you get the same life as the ones you are comparing yourself with, then again you will be comparing it with some other people and so on.. so its all inside you.
    You never know what you can become ..

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

On a low note, i'd say for changes you need to take risks and it's only with risks that you get rewards! You're enthusiasm is almost there but you are not going to get anywhere by dreaming and being jealous unless you use these two things as tools to further yourself. Ask yourself what risks are you prepared to take, how gutsy are you? make a plan or make a plan B as well and execute them, don't be afraid. I'm pretty sure most of your friends have taken risks sometime during there lives more than you in order to get where they are.

Member oOO has rightfully spoken as well. Do bear his view in mind.
    So may it be

SB Champion Lieutenant

I want ......I want....I want......I want....funny thing this is. cause often I see that People don't actually "need" things, but on seeing the others getting "more", the devil inside us rises up smiling greedily....anyways your life, your desires. Remember everything comes with a "hidden cost tag". Learn to accept what God is giving. There is no injustice up there.