Thread: Can Money have such effect?

Unregistered

Default Can Money have such effect?

Hello All,

I am a IT guy who used to work for one of the best Indian IT MNC doing 11 AM to 9 PM job and earning CTC of 7 lakhs a year. Everything was going as usual until, I cleared interview with top American IT MNC and was offered almost double of my pay package- 12 LPA and all this at same individual contributor role. And plus 15% bonus/variable. Honestly speaking on receiving the offer I was more than surprised, however I did realise that my hardwork seemed to did the trick. The technology/work I was doing my old organization was in much demand in the new one.
    Its been 3 months in my new organization and I see below changes-

1. Have become more calm, patient and now I dont say/take decisions in a zest or ever get into petty arguments.
    2. People now ask for my opinion and my suggestions too have matured.
    3. Perhaps my jokes, my usual day talk seems more polished now. I used to put bets on small things to prove my point and now I find it silly.
    4. My Communication skills have improved.
    5. Have become more health concious and I dont over eat at parties now or drink much.
    6. I have started appreciating others for their work.

I have not gone any training/vocational course yet I see significant change within me.

My question is can money have such effect in people's lives?

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Its not the money, my dear- its the value that you have started to give to yourself and the sense of worth that the added responsibility has given to you. Its really good that you are bringing about such changes in yourself- this will take you far because emotional quotient is very very important and you seem to have found that in yourself.
    Good luck!

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

May be you are a much happier person now... With the better work environment,salary package and all that... And naturally positive vibes from this is what you are experiencing now... Once you are happy,you start appreciating even the slightest things in life... Anyway great to know of such a phase life in someone's life... Keep progressing and stay blessed...
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

Its not money but your level of satisfaction from the raise in money and 'the class' has increased, which is causing this effect. Basically you have reached a stage where you know what to get and how to, keep it up, IT job needs such an attitude else the life is screwed.
    You never know what you can become ..

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes and No. Not money directly. But your confidence does increase and money is an input to that. I will give you real life examples that I have seen and experienced myself. Here in Canada, I know many families that have bought houses after living in apartments for few years. this sample also includes me BTW.

There is a difference in their personality and more specifically spending habits. When in apartment, they seem more of a saver, and speak humbly and spend frugally. When they buy a house, their personality changes (not necessarily bad), but they feel as if they have more power and spend generously, even though now they have a loan. So yes, there is some truth to this theory of yours. I am not an expert, but I am sure if studies are done, this will hold some truth.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello All,

I am a IT guy who used to work for one of the best Indian IT MNC doing 11 AM to 9 PM job and earning CTC of 7 lakhs a year. Everything was going as usual until, I cleared interview with top American IT MNC and was offered almost double of my pay package- 12 LPA and all this at same individual contributor role. And plus 15% bonus/variable. Honestly speaking on receiving the offer I was more than surprised, however I did realise that my hardwork seemed to did the trick. The technology/work I was doing my old organization was in much demand in the new one.
    Its been 3 months in my new organization and I see below changes-

1. Have become more calm, patient and now I dont say/take decisions in a zest or ever get into petty arguments.
    2. People now ask for my opinion and my suggestions too have matured.
    3. Perhaps my jokes, my usual day talk seems more polished now. I used to put bets on small things to prove my point and now I find it silly.
    4. My Communication skills have improved.
    5. Have become more health concious and I dont over eat at parties now or drink much.
    6. I have started appreciating others for their work.

I have not gone any training/vocational course yet I see significant change within me.

i would probably name it experience

SB Legend Brigadier General

May be ... ....